• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Why no Nemo El Capitan Marquee? What's you're most wanted Marquee?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why no Nemo El Capitan Marquee? What's you're most wanted Marquee?

markheardjr

Help me DPF u're my only hope!
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
As an avid el Capitan Marquee collector I was trying to think of the movies I still need. I couldn't remember having Nemo but then I realized I don't have it because it doesn't exist. How did that one get skipped? What other movies would you guys like to see?

Probably predictably for me but I'm going to say I would have loved a Treasure Planet Marquee. Not likely, though.

What really surprised me was the lack of a Howl's Moving Castle one. I was under the impression that Studio Ghibli and the Disney company worked together to bring Miyazaki's films to North America and I remember people going nuts over that movie when it came to theaters. I, myself, saw it three times consecutively in the theater. I remember seeing a Marquee pin for The Secret Life of Arrietty but wasn't as impressed with that movie. I do think that is the only Miyazaki film to get a pin, though, so far so maybe it has nothing to do with Studio Ghibli's say so.

As an avid el Capitan Marquee collector I was trying to think of the movies I still need. I couldn't remember having Nemo but then I realized I don't have it because it doesn't exist. How did that one get skipped? What other movies would you guys like to see?

They didn't skip Nemo. Finding Nemo came out in 2003, the Soda Fountain opened in 2005. I'm pretty sure they will take the chance to make one when the film is re-released in 3D.

Same with Treasure Planet. Not open yet.

Probably predictably for me but I'm going to say I would have loved a Treasure Planet Marquee. Not likely, though.

What really surprised me was the lack of a Howl's Moving Castle one. I was under the impression that Studio Ghibli and the Disney company worked together to bring Miyazaki's films to North America and I remember people going nuts over that movie when it came to theaters. I, myself, saw it three times consecutively in the theater. I remember seeing a Marquee pin for The Secret Life of Arrietty but wasn't as impressed with that movie. I do think that is the only Miyazaki film to get a pin, though, so far so maybe it has nothing to do with Studio Ghibli's say so.

I would love to see Miyazaki Marquees especially Totoro, Spirited Away, and Howl's although I am not a big fan of the "Disney Version" of some of his movies specifically Totoro they would make great marquees

I would love to see a Marquee for the original animated Alice in Wonderland movie. :cheshire: They only have one for the Tim Burton movie.

I'd love for them to make one for Alice in wonderland animation film, and re-release the one for UP (lol at that ever happening!!) so I can stand a chanceof getting it hahahahah! I sooooo need that marquee..... :p

Is there really going to be an anniversary pin for Treasure Planet? I've been looking everywhere online to see if there's any info on the upcoming D23 anniversary pins and I can't find anything. It would be awesome if there was a 10th anniversary pin!

Is there really going to be an anniversary pin for Treasure Planet? I've been looking everywhere online to see if there's any info on the upcoming D23 anniversary pins and I can't find anything. It would be awesome if there was a 10th anniversary pin!

Well, I mean... They made a 10th anniversary one for the Emperor's New Groove, so I am fairly hopeful. :)

I would love an Aristocats marquee pin :)

However at the same time, I hope they don't, because I have no idea how I would obtain it.

The Oliver and co marquee is one of my current most wanted and is proving impossible to get or find :( said by syriuslionwing. I second that and I would like a stitch, mulan, and pocahontas marquee. The mulan and pocahontas because my daughter and I collect those characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back