• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Why PTDs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why PTDs?
Many thanks to all of you for taking time to share your likes, dislikes and thoughts about PTDs. I enjoyed reading everyone's responses and I see these little pins in a different light now, although I still have difficulty justifying some of the crazy prices on Ebay.

We collected the PTDs together and we had about 40 of them, when I had at least 50 I wanted to draw out a large panoramic scene of DSF with the PTDs as the characters ...

That is exactly what I have been wanting to do, but only with the ladies I have. I have a small collection of pricesses & some of the leading ladies released so far. I parted with my Tinks for cheap long back when I needed money. Big mistake :(

ptd_zpse22d6162.jpg

I want to make an old fashioned soda fountain scene with these ladies and frame them, but I lack every talent and they keep releasing more and more.

It seems like every time it's convenient for me to go to DSF though, the PTD is lame!

We went on X-mas day while on vacation last year. It was Oogie Boogie :sad: We shared some other Sundae, but did not get the PTD as the PT sundae on its own was not too appealing to me w/o a character I would want.

It seems like every time it's convenient for me to go to DSF though, the PTD is lame! The ones that I want always come out on a Thursday at like 1pm when I have no chance of leaving work and getting there before it sells out! Oh well, first world problem.

I agree that a lot of new traders seem to be the ones driving a lot of the craze. I'm on Instagram a lot and it feels sometimes like PTD's are the only thing traders on there care about.

last summer, I visited DSF. I was stoked because we were gonna be in CA almost a whole week, and I had visions of lots of awesome PTDs. it switched to Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum the day we got to CA and stayed the Brothers Tweedle for MY ENTIRE VISIT. :( then, we went to CA in November... but DSF was closed for remodel! we were supposed to visit CA last month, but family issues kept us home. I cant get to DSF for a good PTD and Mickey Sprinkles even though I keep trying!

as for new traders... I just dont understand. they are mostly out of state traders, and they are driving up the PTD prices for no reason. they keep screaming for the PTD to "flip" and how each PTD released is better than the last, but I truly believe its best for the PTDs to last as long as possible and not to hype each release.

last summer, I visited DSF. I was stoked because we were gonna be in CA almost a whole week, and I had visions of lots of awesome PTDs. it switched to Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum the day we got to CA and stayed the Brothers Tweedle for MY ENTIRE VISIT. :( then, we went to CA in November... but DSF was closed for remodel! we were supposed to visit CA last month, but family issues kept us home. I cant get to DSF for a good PTD and Mickey Sprinkles even though I keep trying!

as for new traders... I just dont understand. they are mostly out of state traders, and they are driving up the PTD prices for no reason. they keep screaming for the PTD to "flip" and how each PTD released is better than the last, but I truly believe its best for the PTDs to last as long as possible and not to hype each release.

I couldn't agree more about the hype. I'm trying to get an Angel PTD and honestly I don't even think she's that popular of a character but because she came right after the Prince Eric frenzy, everyone who got Prince Eric hung around to get her and now they feel justified in asking for a lot in trade or money for her just because she sold out in hours. There is so much "flip the PTD pressure" out there right now, it's kind of insane!

I just think the idea of the characters with ice creams or milkshakes are cute. I only collect ones of characters that I collect so I am not a completest.

I am just hoping that there will be some PTDs available still when I go to visit in June... This will be my second time ever getting a PTD at regular cost and I am really really really hoping they don't run out of them before then. If they do, am gonna be really upset :( People are being real hoggers over them recently.

Also, I don't care to listen to people complain about how they go up there and buy the pins from there all the time or that they are sick of getting ice cream. These people do not HAVE to buy the pins in the first place and if you are sick of Ice cream you could just not get any at all or maybe give your ice cream to a homeless person around there. Should just be grateful you have the ability and money to do so in the first place. Been seeing a lot of complaints like this on Facebook.

Last edited:
I love the PTDs but the craze has made them impossible for me to stay on top of so I chopped my collection down to only the princesses and a few others here and there. Now my stress levels have gone down finally lol

ptd_zpse22d6162.jpg

I want to make an old fashioned soda fountain scene with these ladies and frame them, but I lack every talent and they keep releasing more and more.

Will need to figure out a perspective type scene since they are all different sizes! I wish for certain series of movies, they'd have them all the same size! I mean look at Rapunzel vs. Flynn. Ariel vs. Eric. At least Beast & Belle match, but Chip, Cogsworth and Lumiere don't (not really)

Will need to figure out a perspective type scene since they are all different sizes! I wish for certain series of movies, they'd have them all the same size! I mean look at Rapunzel vs. Flynn. Ariel vs. Eric. At least Beast & Belle match, but Chip, Cogsworth and Lumiere don't (not really)

Maybe you should do a little Prince swapping. Eric and Rapunzel on a date; Ariel and Flynn on a long stroll together...

that's what I wanted to do.

they don't have to be on a date and couples don't always have to be together

This thread definitely helps me. I have been getting a lot of requests this week for my "trader" DSF PTDs, especially my Scrooge McDuck, and when I checked "values" like on E-Bay, I could not believe what people were asking for them.

Flynn is crazy small, I didn't even realise he was and I received it and felt sad lol. I have him pinned next to Pascal and it's so weird. I wonder which PTD is the smallest and the biggest. Dug PTD is pretty big.

Da0nrk9.png

I must say some PTDs are a bit of a disappointment when you get them. The difference in size, metal and quality is so big.

Flynn is crazy small, I didn't even realise he was and I received it and felt sad lol. I have him pinned next to Pascal and it's so weird. I wonder which PTD is the smallest and the biggest. Dug PTD is pretty big.

Da0nrk9.png

I must say some PTDs are a bit of a disappointment when you get them. The difference in size, metal and quality is so big.

I love the background fabric you used, OlafOlaf! What type of frame do you have them in if you don't mind me asking? I'm always looking for ways to display my pins and from what I can tell from this small photo, your display is beautiful!

I love the background fabric you used, OlafOlaf! What type of frame do you have them in if you don't mind me asking? I'm always looking for ways to display my pins and from what I can tell from this small photo, your display is beautiful!

Aw thanks! It's actually scrapbookpaper hehe, easier to attach to the frame than fabric. And I used a white shadow box I found in a local store. I always try to frame everything behind glass, I hate dust.

dQZSwPd.png

Aw thanks! It's actually scrapbookpaper hehe, easier to attach to the frame than fabric. And I used a white shadow box I found in a local store. I always try to frame everything behind glass, I hate dust.

dQZSwPd.png

Thanks for sharing! I've been considering a shadow box for a long time and I just love how clean and pretty this looks.

Da0nrk9.png

While I totally agree with your second statement, I have no problems with the first.

But does anybody realize, that for the entire series there's only two themes?

ONE: The presentation of the ice cream. Look at all the beautiful girls in Merryweather's photo. They are presenting their ice cream to someone. Or posing for a camera. Look at snow as she shows off what she has, and Giselle who looks embaressed someone caught her after she'd already started eating it. I like to think of them as one giant picture, the princess sitting at the bar, and while they were about to dig in someone asked everyone to pose, and the characters in the back bars ( hook, jessica uh...#3? and mulan) are just chillin for that photo while the others who maybe just got out of line with their ice cream like flyn and jasmine had to quickly pose for the picture. And don't forget the critters, there's probably one critter on each table or below haveing a great time eating their ice cream!

TWO: THE EXCITEMENT of getting an ice cream!! Look at hewy, dewy and louie, mowgli, and piglet. They're there just for the party.

That's how I see them and it's exactly how they look. And look at the ones who have multiple pins? They just keep coming back for more!! ((I'd like to know where jessica is putting all hers :mad: ))

I like to think of them as one giant picture, the princess sitting at the bar, and while they were about to dig in someone asked everyone to pose, and the characters in the back bars ( hook, jessica uh...#3? and mulan) are just chillin for that photo while the others who maybe just got out of line with their ice cream like flyn and jasmine had to quickly pose for the picture. And don't forget the critters, there's probably one critter on each table or below haveing a great time eating their ice cream!

That's how I see them and it's exactly how they look. And look at the ones who have multiple pins? They just keep coming back for more!! ((I'd like to know where jessica is putting all hers :mad: ))

I love your vision!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back