• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Would this make you feel "used"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would this make you feel "used"?
More than justified to be upset in my opinion. I personally never ask anyone to get anything for me unless its going to be part of my collection.

Hmm. I would be really upset that they would take advantage of the situation. As you seem to have investigated this throughly, It's probably just in the best interest to tell that person that you do not feel comfortable about the situation as well as to limit similar transactions in the future with him/her.

You definately have a right to feel upset:( Your "friend" should have been upfront from the start and then let you decide if you wanted to help her out. Its a very sneaky thing to do . I would only ever ask somebody to pick something that was for my own collection or for me to pass on to a friend as a gift.

You have every right to be upset. To ask for something you want in your collection, or even to have something of better value to trade for pins you really want is one thing. To use someone to make money is another. The sad dark side of pin trading I guess.
Sorry to hear you had this bad experience and hope it doesn't sour it for others who may wish to share in helping obtain pins you and they want.

This is sad. If this was their sole purpose then they should have been upfront with you and then you could have decided whether this was something you really wanted to be associated with!

I agree with the previous poster that what people do with their pins is their business, but if you are buying them for them, and you are using a discount that Disney provides for you, then I would say this does not fall under the "They can do as they like" without letting you know.

I hope you can speak up and discontinue doing this for them, as it seems it has made you feel used and upset. This should not happen to someone who is doing something nice to help someone else out. :-(

So sorry you are going through this!

Vicki

Thanks, again, for understanding my side. I just hate to know that I am enabling someone to maybe upcharge people who can't get to the park but want pins too. I think it is sad.

I will say it again. I don't mind buying you traders or things for your collection, but not for you to turn around and re-sell to the highest bidder. If I wanted to do that, I would just do it myself!

Hey,
I would feel very used and I don't think you are over reacting at all. I always feel guilty asking anyone to get me anything when they are going somewhere because I hate being a nusense and I appreciate that when someone buys something on my behalf that it is putting that person out of their way in some respect! It would be different if this person had genuinely wanted the pins for their collection but had come into financial difficulty and had to sell their pins but for someone to knowingly be asking for specific pins in order to exploit you and make money is completely out of order!!

Sorry that happened to you, unfortunately you can't predict what that person is going to do with the pins you got for them. I wouldn't pick up any more pins for them though.

That sucks! such a shame someone could do that and take advantage of you like that. If it was me Id name and shame the person. Can you let me know who this person is incase they ever ask me to pick up pins for them down the line.

thats really unfortunate that this happened to you. if they were my friends i really wouldnt mine. but since they never told you they would be selling the pins on ebay. all you can do is take note and do them any favors in the future. i mean this sucks and it would make me feel that i went out of my way to help and they took advantage of me. so i personally wouldnt be doing this again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back