• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

wow! pin justice served

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow! pin justice served

Jrdnsmom

Active DPF Member
Rating - 98.9%
93   1   0
I was surfing Craigslist, im not sure if the story is true, but I typed in Disney Pins in the Los Angeles section and a few lists pull up including one containing a news article about an idividual who was served over a year in prision and a fine, for knowingly ordering and selling scrappera from China. Has anyone else seen this article is it real? If so yay! I dont want to share the link just in case I dont know if it is allowed but it was good to know theres a bit of pin justice out there.

Yup. Good stuff!!! Start looking around here enough and you will find all the old threads. I think there were 3 people that got caught up in commissioning fake pins and then buying them in mass from China (by mass I mean 100,000s at a time) and selling them on the secondary market. Got busted by customs. One person got probation I think, possibly nothing (might not have been able to connect her well enough). Another got like a year in jail. The ringleader (that had all kinds of violent priors) got I think 8 years for what he did. So yes, from time to time, there is pin justice out there in the world.

I just wish disney cast members would just not except fake/scrapper pins and that they would do more to stop these people from selling them on ebay and get them shut down

UNfortunately, MOST cast members(not all, but most) are not into really into pin trading and not trained to spot a scrapper. the only thing they are trained to look for as far as I know is that it has the Copyright disney stamp on the back of the pin. Hopefully one of our CM members might be able to shed some light on how the training process goes or if there even is one.

UNfortunately, MOST cast members(not all, but most) are not into really into pin trading and not trained to spot a scrapper. the only thing they are trained to look for as far as I know is that it has the Copyright disney stamp on the back of the pin. Hopefully one of our CM members might be able to shed some light on how the training process goes or if there even is one.

One thing that makes me smile is that there is a cast member who works at the Pin Traders shop in DTD at DL who looks through the pins she receives in trades and takes out scrapers as bends their post flat, and puts them in a ziplock bag to dispose of. It's not much, but it's nice to see a cast member who is looking out for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back