• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Your Greatest Lanyard Finds

Your Greatest Lanyard Finds

Allib

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
We go to WDW about once a year and my kids trade lots of pins, usually for pins they haven't seen before or pins they really like and when we get home they keep some, we put some on Pinpics to trade, or we throw them back in our trader can to be traded on our next trip. The kids don't really seek out great pins but we have ended up with some really nice pins. We came home with this pin a few years ago:

pin31685

At the time it had a trading ration of 2 to 125 and my daughter was able to trade it for several series 1 lanyard pins she needed.

What is your greatest CM lanyard find?

When we started trading 5 years ago I made the decision the go with Cast Lanyard & Hidden Mickey pins, wifey went with Stitch. I think it was our second or third trade of the day & I picked a Stitch pin from a CM's lanyard which we thought nothing of, turned out that it was this one

pin19466

When we got home I looked it up & found that it had a trade ratio of 9 to 224! Needless to say it went straight onto the cork board & still sits there today, I've also picked up a few nice LE pins, but the real satisfaction is finding that last pin to complete my sets, always gives me a buzz!!

I found this one in the WL Trading book, and while there are scrappers out there of it, I think this one is legit

pin1621

I found this one in the WL Trading book, and while there are scrappers out there of it, I think this one is legit

pin1621

What made it a great find? Was it a pin you were looking for? Sold it for 100 bucks? Traded it for a pin you really wanted? Something else?

This is my best find:
stitchchaser.jpg

And this is why -

We started collecting this set of pins on our trip in March of 2010. My son, who is 9, needed a Stitch to complete his set. He would be happy with the regular one from the boxes you could buy. He tried trading with everyone that he saw that had it (translate to pin sharks) but they all turned him away. So, while at Trade City, I had the opportunity to trade with Scoop and this is what I got. So, it was my first time trading with Scoop, I got not only the Stitch pin, but the cast chaser version, and my son is happy and he doesn't even realize that it is more sought after than a normal one that you could buy. After watching him get his heart broken over and over by grown adults, who were just plain mean, it meant a lot for me to be able to complete it for him!:wiggle:

What made it a great find? Was it a pin you were looking for? Sold it for 100 bucks? Traded it for a pin you really wanted? Something else?

In my case, it is one of the first Scrooge pins listed on PinPics, and I have been trying to trade for it for a while now with no success. To just see it sitting in the book floored me.

I have gotten a lot of nice pins off cast members lanyards but here are what I condiser my top 3 finds and all are REAL pins too.
(I have found some LE50 and 100's but they were, well you know.......
When I saw the POH I was like, ? No way. Is this the cast members personal pin? Did he screwup and put it on his lanyard?
There it was and I remember the pin I traded too because it stands out. It was a Piglet head Cutie.
Pin 59589: WDW - Piece of Disney History III - Star Tours
pin59589

This next one I watched as the person who had it traded with the cast member (They had 2 of them) and really wanted a pin the cast member had. It was at Halloween time and I am assuming the people who traded it looked at it like we only paid $10.95 for it and got a pin we wanted.
The pin never had a chance to even get on the Cast Members Lanyard, I said I will take that one please and it was mine.
Pin 73517: DSF - Halloween 2009 - Chip and Dale
pin73517

The last one I found but somehow Max moved his way in on me but regardless, we got it off a cast lanyard.
Pin 56214: Astronaut - Goofy - with 3D helmet
pin56214

This was my best find. There was a period where a few of these auction pins were showing up. My friend found a really cool Stitch one

And I was able to trade for this one :0)

Ok, well it seems I can't figure out how to post the images. The one I found was 30439 DA Auctions Tink. The one I traded for was 30440 DA Auctions Maleficent
pin.cgi

Last edited:
Back