• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

ZAPPED! Zap from Elaine - xlaineyx Stitch mug

ZAPPED! Zap from Elaine - xlaineyx Stitch mug

Blacksmoke

Well-Known DPF Member
Rating - 100%
132   0   0
Morning everyone! I wanted to share with you this great mug that was sent to me from Elaine and the story behind it for those of you who do not know. Elaine organzied and held a charity event back in the summer. I did not know Scott but I felt if someone was so caring to set up a event like this it was the least I could do to help and support. I donated a box full of pins and vinylmations and I know many of you donated also. What a great community we have here. Elaine thank you so much for this mug. You knew I was in love with it when I saw it listed as one of the items to raffle!

This is a previous posting by SyriusLionwing:
"As you may or may not know xlainyx (Elaine) is hosting a charity pin meet in the UK in July. The charity is for Scott Ward Schofield Memorial Fund.

The Scott Ward Schofield Memorial Fund is a newly founded charity formed in memory of Scott Ward Schofield who suffered from a rare skin disorder Epidermolysis Bullosa (EB). A genetic disorder where the sufferer's external and internal skin is so fragile that it blisters and peels off at the slightest touch, causing horrendous pain for them.

Scott loved to pin trade and in his honour we are holding a pin meet to raise money for the fund. As a part of this we are hoping to fill up a pin board with donated pins to raffle off and hopefully make as much money as possible. The board has been purchased and already has a few pins on it but we want to fill it so I am here to ask if anyone can donate a pin to the board?"

And lastly from Elaine,
"Thank you everyone for your support at todays event. Also a huge thank you to all the wonderful pin trading community for donating pins and things towards the raffle! This day could not have been possible without you all! Pin traders of the world united for charity! We raised an amazing £535.00 for the charity ($863.00) Scotts family have asked me to thank everyone for their support. I have had a fantastic day and I know Scott would have been watching over us trading!

So far the charity have arranged 3 holidays for 3 special children with EB and their families. With continued support they can send many more. Thank you everyone it means a lot to me that you chose to help. x x x "

attachment.php

Back