• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

PIN GEAR Zuca bags for the pin event

PIN GEAR Zuca bags for the pin event

CaptHookFan

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Was there a limit of the amount of pin trading bags you could bring to the pin event in August?

Also - who is bringing a Zuca bag and how many binders does it hold?

I have the flight carry-on. Carries 2 zip binders (3") and a mid size pin book. Has lots of pockets where I can shove... I mean carefully place the pins I trade for at events. The carry on works for sitting, although you need to watch your balancing (due to the wheels - sit forward on the bag - sitting back will engage the wheels.) I bought it over the July 2020 holiday weekend for a really good price. Like 40% off. Its the only reason I finally gave in (since these bags are expensive.)

This is the bag:

My bag is the Zuca flight size for sliding into the overhead. The classic Zuca size probably will not fit in the overhead (from what others have shared). The airline tested me a month or so ago and I had to put it in the bag sizer at the gate. It fit perfectly into the sizer for carry-on.

For past WDW events a bag like the carry-on (or the classic style) has been allowed into Epcot, so if the rules remain the same a Zuca bag should have no problem gaining entry to the event.

Last edited:
Does the carry on truly work as a carry on? I know it says it is FAA compliant, but I notice it is 9.65 inch deep and United Airlines says their limit is 9 inch even.

My carry on Zuca fit perfectly (and I mean perfectly - no spare room) into the bag sizer at the gate. It was American, but thinking the sizers are probably the same. The gate agent tried to stop me, but the bag fit, so they had to let it go on.

Picture of my packed bag.
3b88707a5d5a866ee7cb6153ab011f32.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

What's the difference between using a zuca versus my regular carryon? Is it just the benefit of being able to sit on it?

What's the difference between using a zuca versus my regular carryon? Is it just the benefit of being able to sit on it?
Yes, this is the only reason I bought a Zuca. Standing in the long lines at the WDW world event was hard on my body. I can walk and I am fine, but standing is tough.

Back