• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2015 PTD Discussion Thread - NEW PINS 12/4/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newest set!

11057922_1063782603673175_7773067168401858780_n.jpg

Hahaha, after seeing the flip this morning the very first thing I thought of was that Aladdin was finally released for Prince Ali. The second thing I thought of is that I love collecting characters that not a lot of people are interested in, because Daisy is going to last for days and I don't have to stress that I missed the flip because I can just come back tonight or this weekend and pick her up with no worries.

Aladdin is going to be the first to go, then Birdcage Bird and Nibs probably around the same time, and Daisy's gonna be here for at least a week.

Awwwe thanks, I feel so loved here every time I come to this particular thread! Just like that Aladdin & Bird Cage are officially sold out. Just nibs & daisy.

At the moment I want to wait because I have begun saving up for my trip back to Cali again (really want to see the last showing of the Aladdin spectacular in DCA in January) & hoping to trade in person at the parks for those pins :D I really do wonder if they'll create more obscure Disney characters such as the Birdcage that was just released. Now what I'm hoping for is a red slave Jasmine PTD. That's a dream PTD right there ... That & a Prince Ali PTD lol.

Awwwe thanks, I feel so loved here every time I come to this particular thread! Just like that Aladdin & Bird Cage are officially sold out. Just nibs & daisy.

At the moment I want to wait because I have begun saving up for my trip back to Cali again (really want to see the last showing of the Aladdin spectacular in DCA in January) & hoping to trade in person at the parks for those pins :D I really do wonder if they'll create more obscure Disney characters such as the Birdcage that was just released. Now what I'm hoping for is a red slave Jasmine PTD. That's a dream PTD right there ... That & a Prince Ali PTD lol.

If you come for that you have to let me know! I'm planning on going to the final performance, too.

I'm sure Baymax will go super fast. I wouldn't mind having d'arque, he's creepy! I like it! (Said in lunatic asylum keeper voice)

Monsieur D'Arque is the last one standing. I predict a flip no later than the release on Wednesday, if not sooner.

The mostly LE300s really helped things along.

Today's the day that you can call in to order the Toys for Tots pins (donate a toy or two, maximum of two pins per guest per day). There is a $10 shipping charge, FYI.

newbie here...how hard is it to get these DSSH releases? My daughter lives close by and was wondering if the releases were something she needed to stand in line for hours to get or if she could drop by and pick something up. I'm guessing it really depends on the pins, but maybe not?
Thanks.

For PTDs you can stop by at any time the shop is open until 10 pm, and there is usually very little line unless it's right after the PTD set flips. Lately I've been in and out in less than ten minutes.

For actual pin releases (like tomorrow's Good Dinosaur release), you do need to show up early and wait in line for a random number (that determines purchase order), and then it takes awhile for the pins to be sold. So those are multi-hour commitments.

thanks timeerkat- helpful information
how often do they release these sets? once a month? more frequently?
When I'm in LA in December I'm going to have to check out the DSSH. In El Capitan Theater correct?

Last edited:
thanks timeerkat- helpful information
how often do they release these sets? once a month? more frequently?
When I'm in LA in December I'm going to have to check out the DSSH. In El Capitan Theater correct?

If you're on Facebook, "like" the Disney Studio Store Hollywood page. They will post about their monthly releases (you'd think by now they would post about December, but the only pin "release" we know about is the paid Star Wars event). Typically, there are two releases per month (scheduled) and then an unknown amount of PTD releases. Unknown because the next PTD release isn't until the current PTDs sell-out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back