• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2017 Pin Releases

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eek! I just saw this announcement.. The Disney Store 30th Birthday pin set!

30thPins-1200x676.jpg

Check out big images of all 30 pins here: https://www.disneystore.com/disney-...=OTL-Dcom&att=DcomM_Blogs_OMD_30thPins_170119

If anyone can help me with Beast please, I would be SO grateful!
LP-30th-anniversary_pre-awareness-pins_02.jpg

Gasp! So when it says in-store, does that mean, like, physical Disney stores? Like, the one in my mall?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Were those OE or LE? I am trying to calculate my chances of actually being able to trade for that Beast ;)

Those were limited, but I don't remember the #. The 30th anniversary pins don't say "limited edition" or what the size would be, but I find it hard to believe they'd be truly "open" edition. They aren't going to have an infinite number of them ... Maybe there will be more info soon. Since the announcement has been made, CMs who have better details might start sharing info now.

Last edited:
Those were limited, I believe. The 30th anniversary pins don't say "limited edition" or what the size would be, but I find it hard to believe they'd be truly "open" edition. They aren't going to have an infinite number of them ... Maybe there will be more info soon. Since the announcement has been made, CMs who have better details might start sharing info now.

Ok, thank you :)

Ok, thank you :)

Poking around the Interweb, I'm going to revise my answer slightly: They may have been considered open edition (no stated limitation) but by the same token, it wasn't a set of pins that hung around for years, either. I guess it was more like "limited release," they were available for so long and then that was it. It will be interesting to get the details on this set, since DS hasn't done pins in a long time. I have zero doubt that every Saturday, there will be people lined up outside the store before opening. However, some portion of those people will be reselling and/or trading--and if these aren't strictly "limited edition," I'd guess you'd have a decent shot at trading for the ones you want. Some will be more popular than others, for sure.

I just got off the phone with my store. XD they do not know how many they will get nor the price point. But they will be in the physical store! Ah! :D they said that it will be random drawing to see who gets to purchase them so not first come first serve. Of course this info can change as Disney loves to do. XD but that's good info! I'm sure I can convince bf to come with me and we can snag some! If we can, we will probably do a lotto like Tessa does for DSF. I'll figure out some details and post something within the next day or so. :3 how exciting!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Poking around the Interweb, I'm going to revise my answer slightly: They may have been considered open edition (no stated limitation) but by the same token, it wasn't a set of pins that hung around for years, either. I guess it was more like "limited release," they were available for so long and then that was it. It will be interesting to get the details on this set, since DS hasn't done pins in a long time. I have zero doubt that every Saturday, there will be people lined up outside the store before opening. However, some portion of those people will be reselling and/or trading--and if these aren't strictly "limited edition," I'd guess you'd have a decent shot at trading for the ones you want. Some will be more popular than others, for sure.

I just got off the phone with my store. XD they do not know how many they will get nor the price point. But they will be in the physical store! Ah! :D they said that it will be random drawing to see who gets to purchase them so not first come first serve. Of course this info can change as Disney loves to do. XD but that's good info! I'm sure I can convince bf to come with me and we can snag some! If we can, we will probably do a lotto like Tessa does for DSF. I'll figure out some details and post something within the next day or so. :3 how exciting!

Thanks for the info! I hope they will indeed be a "limited release" of some sorts so there will be more chances of getting pins. If everyone will be lining up at the store I can imagine why you say you feel sorry for the CM's!

And thanks Merlin for immediately calling for info & considering doing pick-ups! I will for sure be on that list for Beast :roll:

Sold in a set of 3? I wonder how much it will be.

Not necessarily a set--they might just release three pins at a time. That's how Countdown to the Millennium worked (five pins each Friday).

If everyone will be lining up at the store I can imagine why you say you feel sorry for the CM's!

It was a different world then. The releases WERE first-come-first-served, and the Interweb was not all it is today (yes, I just said, "Back in my day ... you whippersnappers have no idea how hard we had it" :lol:). People treated it like The Hunger Games of Pins (except we didn't have The Hunger Games yet, so it JUST seemed insane). And since everyone was worried about Y2K (I'm sticking to my "retro" post theme), it was very easy to joke that since the world was ending ANYWAY, WHO CARED WHO GOT THE PINS????

*sniffle* I'm so nostalgic now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back