• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Animators' Collection Dolls Being Retired?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Animators' Collection Dolls Being Retired?

lost-sun-princess

a princess worth waiting for
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Hello, everyone!

I'm not sure how true this is, but today, on one of my weekly trips to my Disney Store, the store manager pulled me aside and asked if I'd purchased my Animators' Collection dolls yet. She told me that this holiday season would likely be the LAST season that these adorable dolls would be available. I ended up getting the very last Rapunzel in our store (I wanted one to display out of the box), but it definitely explained why it was getting harder to find some of the princesses. (My store had an especially hard time keeping Rapunzel and Ariel in stock.)

So, I figured I'd share this information in case anyone was waiting on picking them up. Or, maybe you've heard something different! I just know that they're ADORABLE, and I love that the animators were pulled into this project to really capture the spirit and character of each princess in her youth. Also, they're $15.00 right now at the Disney Store, so it's a great time to pick them up if you haven't already.

If you find that you're needing assistance or can't find a specific doll, let me know. I live .5 miles from my Disney Store and very close to a Disney Store Outlet, and I'm happy to help whoever I can!

If you haven't seen them, here you are:

http://www.disneystore.com/disney/s...ction&D=Animators++Collection&Dr=pPublished:1

My mom especially loves Pocahontas. She's just so sad and adorable!!

EDIT: Not to incite panic or speculate too much, but I also just noticed that Snow White is no longer available on the Disney Store website. Hmm.

Last edited:
I love Snow White, Ariel and Pocahontas most. Belle and Jasmine are also very cute. They are all so adorable. Snow White seems to be the most popular one as every time I would go to buy her she is sold out haha.

My mom bought me all ten for my birthday last year, and they are really, really gorgeous. I especially love the boxes with the artwork and short bio of the animator who was responsible for giving each princess character.

I need another shelf to display them all, but I wanted to have a Rapunzel to display out of the packaging. I'm particularly attached to her, of course, but I also really love Mulan's face and I think Tiana is a PERFECT representation of how she looked in the beginning of the movie. So cute, I will definitely miss this collection if it is indeed going away!

They've had a good run, I have 4 of them as I don't have much room but they are great. I'm more someone who likes to free my dolls on different occasions; there's nothing better - they feel like yours rather than being trapped behind plastic so it's not important for me to have extras for display - I can just put them back in if I need to if I wanted to do that.
Snow White is the only one at the moment that is free of her box, who hangs around with my tinsel haired Rapunzel, maybe one day the three other Animator dolls will follow.

One thing I will add; James Baxter designed Belle, Glen Keane designed Ariel, Mark Henn designed Jasmine; he is the only animator to have traditionally animated all the modern girls in the Princess line up since the 'Renaissance' (except CG Rapunzel of course) - yes even Pocahontas!

I just bought Merida and Aurora as Christmas presents for my nieces. I want the whole set for myself now... I especially like Aurora and Belle. $15 is such a great price for these dolls!

Snow white is under the christmas tree here for a little cousin of my hubby. Really beautiful doll indeed. here in the UK they have loads of each character no matter which store I visit.

Oh my, I hope if this is their last season, they linger a bit. I really like Belle, Ariel, and Pocahontas, but I haven't had the spare money to spend on them. There's a lot of them still at Disneyland, although the stock seems to vary from store to store there.

I'm situated between three stores - one bigger store that gets limited items (Designer Princesses and Villains, etc.), a Disney Store Outlet and a regular, high-volume Disney Store. The Outlet is always a crapshoot, their stock changes every week. The big Disney Store ran out of the usual dolls (Rapunzel, Ariel and Snow White are apparently the three hard ones to come by there) and my store up the street appears to still have them all.

So yeah, if anyone's still looking, I can PROBABLY help out. n_n

I have heard that they are "discontinuing" these dolls, but then are changing them up for a new line. Kind of like the Cinderella with the accessories included? :) But I don't know for sure!

Glen Keane left the studio. Going by the Oz dolls, Disney Film Collection and Classic Doll collection, they could be rebranded with a new name. Maybe it will be toddler characters with glitter? lol.

Glen left before the line was introduced though, I thought. I guess the dolls were probably already all made though before his departure. :rofl:
I can see it now, "Baby Princesses Dipped in Glitter Collection" by the Disney Store

Glitter?! I love glitter. Haha!!

I do actually hope they do a line like the new Cinderella Animator Doll with the dressform. It's so cute, and I really just want a Rapunzel with like, an art easel or something.

Glitter?! I love glitter. Haha!!

I do actually hope they do a line like the new Cinderella Animator Doll with the dressform. It's so cute, and I really just want a Rapunzel with like, an art easel or something.

it would be a great idea, considering girls who play with dolls do like to dress them up differently, and whats more fun than being able to give the princess a different princess outfit right?

it would be a great idea, considering girls who play with dolls do like to dress them up differently, and whats more fun than being able to give the princess a different princess outfit right?

I'd even be okay with separately sold outfits! Oh man, I am such a child!! I love these dolls though, they're so sweet and Glen Keane (and his daughter Claire) is one of my idols so knowing that he helped create these dolls makes them even more special!

Oh, Disney. You can just have my paychecks...

It seems Snow White, Tiana and Rapunzel are sold out online. I am thinking of buying Ariel or Pocahontas but I can't decide who to get.

They're both really adorable, but in my opinion, Pocahontas looks SO SAD. Like... She's precious and everything but of the ten princesses, she's definitely sad looking. Ariel is really sweet. I love the little Flounder she comes with!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back