• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Any help would be great!!! Not sure if i have a scrapper thats limited edition of 200

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any help would be great!!! Not sure if i have a scrapper thats limited edition of 200

wonderwoman3553

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Hello all, i am going to be at disneyland this thursday augest 2nd. I have a pin that i need to be looked at. Cuz i'm now sure if it is a scrapper or not. So any help would be great!!! I would like like to know who would be there?

Thanks a bunch,
jessica

If you are there on Saturday (the 4th), I can look at it :)

Otherwise, you might want to take pictures of it (front and back) and post here.

I looked on pin pics but I didn't find the pin. The pin I that I traded with a cast member at Disneyland is a Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum limited edition pin of 200. The cast member said that she thought it was real. She did the magnet and it didn't stick. I tried looking on pin pics and couldn't find it so any help would be great!!!

Do you have any reason to think it's not real? Is the paint dull (should be glossy), are there dips or scratches/grinder marks, is there a border on the back that looks like it's been cast rather than cut out, is anything on the back stamp misspelled, are there any rough bits of metal on the edges?

Several other threads on here say that the magnet thing is bogus. Some pins are ferrous and some aren't; that doesn't tell you anything.

If you don't see any flaws at all, or if there aren't any scrapper warnings on pinpics with mention of flaws or color irregularities, I don't think there's any reason to think ot's a scrapper or fake. From what I can tell, there's really no need to go worrying about this with every single pin you get. Hidden Mickeys and Vinylmations are more likely to be scrappers than anything else; others have been fakes/scrappers but it seems very few.

If you can't find it on pinpics, could you describe it in more specific detail and maybe we can help you find it?

Without a pinpics # or pictures it makes it extremely difficult to help you. I would suggest opening an Image Shack account and uploading a picture, of both the front and back and then posting the picture here. Image Shack makes it really easy to do this.

Its pin#83469. The back of the pin you can feel like it dips. I think I did get a fake. I'm going to the park on the 2nd of Augest. Maybe there might be some1 there to help me out. THANK YOU GUYS FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!!

Okay, I have this pin, but unfortunately I won't be at the park then as I live in Seattle. :) I'm not sure what you mean by dips on the back, though? The back should be a waffle pattern of mickey mouse heads. What are the dips on the back like? Can you describe them?

Does the pattern appear uneven, and most importantly, does there appear to be any kind of raised border around the edge on the back? Or a border around the edge where the waffle pattern stops short of the edge of the pin?

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I HAVE A SCRAPPER!!! The boarder on mine isn't as bad as that but you can see on part of the pin where u can see the cut off of the pin. You were such an amazing help!!! And for taking the time to help me. Also for being so patient!!!

Well having the pinpics # explains A LOT, that series was highly scrapped/counterfeited, in fact there are probably more counterfeits than legitimate ones. If you found it on a lanyard I'm sure it wasn't authentic because most people who have these know that they have been counterfeited and it's doubtful that someone with a real one would not trade it without it's original card as that is the first clue that the pin is not legitimate. The counterfeit ones are all over ebay, as I said they're easier to find than the real ones.

I'm still trying to complete this series myself as I was not able to attend the event, living 1000 miles away now and it's proving difficult as there are so many counterfeits and the authentic ones on card are usually pretty expensive. Good luck if you're trying to collect the series, just make sure that the person who is selling/trading it has it on card as it is highly doubtful that they would have discarded the card if it was a real one, this is not a sure fire way as the card could be counterfeited but it is a start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back