Beginner Guidlines for Pin Trading Events- A Suggestion or Two?

Discussion in 'Pin Guides & FAQs' started by lucan444, Feb 12, 2011.

1. ALittleBitOfMagic

ALittleBitOfMagic Member

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0

Thanks for this! Planning on potentially heading to the November 22nd PTN at DLR so this was super helpful!

2. VirginieA

VirginieA Member

0   0   0

Very useful thread ! Thanks a lot for taking the time to explain this to us newbies :)

3. tiggermickey

tiggermickey DPF Correspondent DPF Correspondent

Rating - 100%
    1591   0   0

You are welcome ,I hope it helps you in the pin trading world

4. lucan444

lucan444 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    213   0   0

NO thank you, for taking the time to read and understand the mad ramblings of an aging shiny metal geek like me!!! If any of my words helped in any way, then the Fl sun has not totally warped my brain and I can say thank you to YOU!!!

The newer folks in any hobby is what keeps the oldtimers young at heart, some of us may be a tad pin jaded, but if you stand next to a new person whom is getting that"oh boy oh boy boooy, " rush of a grail trade or a much loved and sought after pin, you get a rememberence of why you started this hobby, and once again the old are young again!!!

Thank you for being OUR PONce de Leon!!!!

5. jessatattoo

jessatattoo Member

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0

All good info, thanks. Hope it works the same here in Paris!

6. lucan444

lucan444 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    213   0   0

with the gala a week away thought this might help some of the newer folks, if not just let it fade to oblivion again... good luck trading everyone!!

7. mkat27

mkat27 Snow Avenger

0   0   0

Very helpful! Going to my first event at DSF this Friday :)

8. tiki-4

tiki-4 New Member

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Great points that need to be at the top for all traders to look at periodically. Not only helps the newbie, but will remind the old timer how to communicate more effectively without sounding or becoming so burned out.

9. Kritter

Kritter Carousel Fanatic

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

I've never been to a pin swap event, and now that i no longer live in California it will probably be rather difficult to do so, but on the off-chance it does, would it be best to bring a more experienced pin trader with me to help guide me during an event?

10. heyyitsluis

heyyitsluis New Member

0   0   0

Thanks for the great advice!

11. pinrunner

pinrunner New Member

0   0   0

Thanks for the great advice . These tips will be very useful for my first pin trading event.

12. jprincess

jprincess Active Member

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0

Great post very helpful. I am looking forward to maybe eventually getting to attend a pin trading event.