• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Beloved tales...thoughts.......??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beloved tales...thoughts.......??
BTs will continue to trend upwards as long as nothing overtakes them in popularity. BTs seem to be the hot ticket as well as Tangled. Maybe one day down the line, both will take a hit like Stitch and Jessica pins... But I think those took a hit mostly due to counterfeits and an unbearable amount of excessive pins for those 2 characters. Also, the major hit movies have already gotten their BTs released so that might play a role down the line. Who knows? Haha

I have also bought from multiple members.

DPF Members = eBay sellers, they just hide behind the anonymity. I figure $200 for Enchanted and $65 each for the others, so $400 isn't that far off the day 1 price. All but Enchanted will drop, I think PatF is the worst of the bunch. We'll see. I'm going to try to go and get my two sets, hopefully to complete my PTD collection. I have once person looking for them for one of my top wants so we'll see if I can snag a set. I say DSF throw a curve ball and do limit 1 set per person. People will refund the $400 and the price will jump to $600, but more people will get them at least. Would also allow time for people to run from WDI to DSF and still make it.

I have the Sleeping Beauty BT and HAD the Pochahontas BT once... I was trying to help another pin trader make a trade for one of his grails, so I traded Pochahontas away to him for two LE pins that I can't get rid of for the life of me!!! I am so kicking myself now! I loved the orange swirl in the background of the pin... it really is one of the prettiest BT pins! Hoping to one day get her back!

the only BT i needed was HoND. Got it. Imma happy pixie.

Last summer I said to myself, "BT's are gonna skyrocket next year." And they are....

so um.... "Hidden mickeys are gonna skyrocket next year." **waits**

I thought about collecting them for a hot minute. I actually had Winnie the Pooh, Bugs Life, and one other, but then they started getting all crazy. I got my Lilo & Stitch one, and I think that will be it unless I can get the Alice in Wonderland one too.

They are definitely worth collecting. As many people have said they are lovely pins. I need to get quite a few - not the whole set, but I very much want the ones of the films I do collect. I'm hoping to get all of the Princess films first and then branch out into getting ones for my lesser collections (Robin Hood, Aristocats, Pixar films that I haven't yet got). I'm not doing too well though with them. From the Princess BTs I only have Pocahontas and then Rapunzel on the way. I've yet to see a Snow White BT on ebay yet which is a bit worrying, as that is the one I want most. I guess I'll just have to keep enough money to one side for when it does come up because I really can't afford to miss out on that one when she finally does show her face.

But I think most of them will retain their value. Perhaps ones from less popular films will suffer if/when the BT pins as a collection aren't as popular. Ariel, Belle and the other Princesses as well as Up I would have thought should keep very close to their current value (especially Ariel - can't ever see myself owning that pin, admittedly).

I only currently own 1 beloved tales, UP, and I have to say the quality is outstanding, and like a few others have also said, I think that's what's prompted me to collect these....I have just accepted a trade for 7 of these so hopefully I will have more very soon. I just love the whole appearance of them, and the colours and brightness of them, they make me feel happy and remind me of so many of the classic stories/tales that I love. :) I hope I manage to get a fair few of these but think I will prob need lots of luck as some are very tough to get!!!

They are definitely worth collecting. As many people have said they are lovely pins. I need to get quite a few - not the whole set, but I very much want the ones of the films I do collect. I'm hoping to get all of the Princess films first and then branch out into getting ones for my lesser collections (Robin Hood, Aristocats, Pixar films that I haven't yet got). I'm not doing too well though with them. From the Princess BTs I only have Pocahontas and then Rapunzel on the way. I've yet to see a Snow White BT on ebay yet which is a bit worrying, as that is the one I want most. I guess I'll just have to keep enough money to one side for when it does come up because I really can't afford to miss out on that one when she finally does show her face.

But I think most of them will retain their value. Perhaps ones from less popular films will suffer if/when the BT pins as a collection aren't as popular. Ariel, Belle and the other Princesses as well as Up I would have thought should keep very close to their current value (especially Ariel - can't ever see myself owning that pin, admittedly).

The Snow White is one of my personal favorites!

There have been one or two up for sale this year that I've seen.

Thats the downside with any theme that is out there right now, all it takes is somebody to get 1 from the set and think *oooh this is nice, I will try for the set (after looking at the others out there)** and when you have people who needed the Up or Tangled or any of the previous ones get theirs and then thinking hmm I will go for the set and the wants begin to climb then its gets worryingly expensive when people see the increase in wants and automatically the price increases.

DPF Members = eBay sellers, they just hide behind the anonymity. I figure $200 for Enchanted and $65 each for the others, so $400 isn't that far off the day 1 price. All but Enchanted will drop, I think PatF is the worst of the bunch. We'll see. I'm going to try to go and get my two sets, hopefully to complete my PTD collection. I have once person looking for them for one of my top wants so we'll see if I can snag a set. I say DSF throw a curve ball and do limit 1 set per person. People will refund the $400 and the price will jump to $600, but more people will get them at least. Would also allow time for people to run from WDI to DSF and still make it.

DPF, eBay. They could be from Mars. I don't care who they are just that they can come through with the pins.

I have given up on collecting them all. Even used BTs go for hundreds! That's really silly IMO. I would never spend hundreds on a used pin. That's just me though...I'm way to particular. If anything, I want the new Enchanted and a few others, but any extras I get will definitely be used to trade for grails since the prices are so insane!

I have given up on collecting them all. Even used BTs go for hundreds! That's really silly IMO. I would never spend hundreds on a used pin. That's just me though...I'm way to particular. If anything, I want the new Enchanted and a few others, but any extras I get will definitely be used to trade for grails since the prices are so insane!
How do you mean used? Like not on the card? I'm confused lol.

How do you mean used? Like not on the card? I'm confused lol.

Yea like...not on a card...having been worn and sporting some normal wear and tear. Little dents here and there. I can't spend $100's on a 'used' pin. Why would I? For like $50-100 more I can't get the pin 'new;' so I just think people are inflating the prices because there unaware of how the pin market really functions.

Yea like...not on a card...having been worn and sporting some normal wear and tear. Little dents here and there. I can't spend $100's on a 'used' pin. Why would I? For like $50-100 more I can't get the pin 'new;' so I just think people are inflating the prices because there unaware of how the pin market really functions.
That I agree with...I'm not about to spend over a hundred bucks for a scraped up pin...I was just looking for clarification. Some people would consider a pin taken off the card to be put in a book used.

Is it just me or are there several other DSF pins out there that look like they belong in the BT collection? There are several that are circular, similar size, similar artwork. Like 49248, 57666, 58734, 83849, 83850, 83851, 86110, I feel the same way with PTD's. There have been numerous pins that look like they should be PTD's but aren't. Like the mickey's sundae hats (42441, 48085, 49746) none are PTD's. Or Clarice on the stool with the milkshake (77063.)
I wonder if any of those circle pins were 2nd or 3rd choices for BT's but made into normal pins instead?

Last edited:
Is it just me or are there several other DSF pins out there that look like they belong in the BT collection? There are several that are circular, similar size, similar artwork. Like 49248, 57666, 58734, 83849, 83850, 83851, 86110, I feel the same way with PTD's. There have been numerous pins that look like they should be PTD's but aren't. Like the mickey's sundae hats (42441, 48085, 49746, , not all are PTD's. Or Clarice on the stool with the milkshake (77063.)
I wonder if any of those circle pins were 2nd or 3rd choices for BT's but made into normal pins instead?

Not just you...I have seen some in peoples sigs and not being 100% knowledgeable about BT's I had to look them up and was surprised they weren't. Especially the Ariel one...

I know I'm in the minority, but I just don't think the BTs are a big deal. Yes, some of them are really nice, but there are others that just don't look good to me. I have a couple of them, but only because they fit specific collections. I wouldn't be at all interested in getting all of them. But that's cool that a lot of people like them.

I was considering collecting Beloved Tales pins but the price for some is ridiculous. I really only want Snow White, Beauty & The Beast, Sleeping Beauty & perhaps Pocahontas. I think I'll be lucky to even get one of those.

Last edited:
I really want the Pocahontas Beloved Tale pin but its recently sold for $200. I'll add it to my "I would love to own this pin when i win the lottery" list.

I know, I mean, I wonder if the lesser ones will become less popular like 3 pigs, herbie, melody time etc, and the larger characters will just become larger and more difficult to get!! Especially with the next release, its going to push it over the edge!! I cant believe how popular these pins are!!!

I, too would love to collect them but the prices are very high, they are only pieces of metal! Sorry for the rant but they are out of my price range, on the secondary market and I don't live where they are available to purchase so for me can only wish for them
To those that have them congrats enjoy them

Considering BTs replaced PODMs, I'd expect once the BT line is finished, they'll slowly come down in price, like some PODM's have. The BTs are very nice, I agree, but some are just too pricey for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back