• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Designer Couples at Disney Store Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Designer Couples at Disney Store Now!
Lamorak - More than likely is has to do with Disney not wanting to devote the resources to it. The could set up an elaborate line with security, but that takes up space and personnel, not to mention more personnel making sure people were not cutting through other areas. Disney has been doing pins long enough they know the frenzy it creates and they have worked to solve is as DSF, but on release days that is basically all DSF has going on, so they can take the extra time. It probably came down to the decision, deal with one crazy mob of people and get it done in a frenzy, or devote extra hours of space and personnel to it. In the end Disney sold out on everything they had and didn't have to spend anymore money on personnel. They know for previous experience that no matter how mad everyone is, they will be back and will make sure the next one is a sell out as well. They don't care who is buying them, all they see is that they sold every piece. Until that stops (which it won't) or someone gets seriously injured, Disney has no reason to change anything.

Mark, why are you attacking me?? I wasn't even talking about you even though I know you were trash talking me all over the place. You ended up way in front of us anyway. Icame and joined my group a little later, I fully admit to that. I didn't lie. I was told it was okay though because they had told the people around them in line that I would be joining them and everyone said it was fine. You never asked me to go to the back of the line, and you also said that there were a lot of people ahead of us that were having entire groups cut. And yet you chose to trash talk ME all night. Stop attacking me. If you have an issue with me, then pm me or put me on ignore. But publicly attacking me on a forum is not appropriate.

I didn't say you lied, I said you cut. Which you just admitted to again. Do you not know cutting is wrong? Does someone need to tell you? There was no one asking me "Is it ok if my friend cuts." I would have said "Hell no! Back of the line." They did ask me Friday morning if someone behind me could cut and I said you probably shouldn't. But as all lines are, what happens behind you is not your problem. What happens in front of you is! I could have tried to stand with someone closer to the front too but you know damn well I'd be flamed forever for it. Why the double standard? Lets not even talk about when/how you got inside on Saturday morning.

I don't think anyone is upset with Sorcerer Package attendees. Not at all. The frustration is aimed at the Disney Store for their sheer stupidity in allowing all of this craziness to happen.
Agreed. I don't blame Diane or any sorcerer. I blame Disney for A. not just doing them all on Saturday and letting sorcerers have 3 chances at them. B. for royally screwing up the lines on Friday, and C. for putting the pins out in the open store on Friday.

I didn't say you lied, I said you cut. Which you just admitted to again. Do you not know cutting is wrong? Does someone need to tell you? There was no one asking me "Is it ok if my friend cuts." I would have said "Hell no! Back of the line." They did ask me Friday morning if someone behind me could cut and I said you probably shouldn't. But as all lines are, what happens behind you is not your problem. What happens in front of you is! I could have tried to stand with someone closer to the front too but you know damn well I'd be flamed forever for it. Why the double standard? Lets not even talk about when/how you got inside on Saturday morning.

I wish I could "like" this post.

Once again, stop attacking me. I was told that everyone around us was fine with me joining my party a little late. You and a bunch of other people want to hate me for it? Then fine. But stop attacking me and spreading bad things about me. It's completely unnecessary. You said you're not going to go hating on people, and yet here you are, doing exactly that.

Once again, stop attacking me. I was told that everyone around us was fine with me joining my party a little late. You and a bunch of other people want to hate me for it? Then fine. But stop attacking me and spreading bad things about me. It's completely unnecessary. You said you're not going to go hating on people, and yet here you are, doing exactly that.

probably you should have personally checked with the people around you instead of relying on what someone else told you.

I understand that chroll, but I can't go back and do that now, and that doesn't make me a bad person, or a dishonest one. I could have easily lied when Mark asked me if I had been there already and if I was just returning. I could have easily said yes, but I didn't because I'm honest. I told the truth, which he keeps pointing out.

Look, I can't change what happened. I can't go back in time and do things differently. So why continue to harp on me about it? He's making me out to be this horrible, vile person and that's simply not the truth. I'm sorry you feel the way you do, Mark, but you've said your piece. Please stop attacking me.

Why is it ok for people to join their friends in line if they didn't arrive at the same time? It's not fair for the ones behind them that stayed and did their time of waiting.

Put yourself in the other person's shoe, I'm sure that anyone that waited hours and hours would be upset to find over 40+ people magically in line in front of you. That's very frustrating especially when it's a Limited Edition release. I totally agree with Mark! Stop cutting people, that's straight up rude!!!!

Once again, I was told that it was okay that I joined my party because not that many people were behind them and I was told that those people were cool with it. Please stop attacking me! I am not your scapegoat. I am NOT the reason this release went awry, and no, I'm sorry but I didn't deserve the treatment I got. I didn't deserve to be verbally attacked, physically, and sexually assaulted. No one deserved that. I apologize for upsetting people by joining my party. I'm sorry that people now hate me for a mistake I made, but once again, I can't go back in change it, so can we please just move forward???

I never said it was about you, Mark. Nor was my original comment, before you attacked me, about you. I was referring to when the line went from a neat orderly one to a 'Fill in all spaces!' cluster F---. When they moved us into the lobby but before they forced us back into a single file line, I ended up getting shoved right in front of the red shirted employee(NOT a cast member, I was told, but from an outside company). People were shoving me from behind and the employee in the red shirt was not only pushing and shoving me back to keep the masses at bay, he went on to continually punch me in the chest. My girls still have bruises. That's what I was referring to when I talked about physical and sexual assault. As far as the verbal abuse goes, I was talking about later when we were in the single file line getting closer to the store, these guys came out of nowhere and started yelling and cussing and verbally attacking people for no reason. They hadn't been in line previously and were trying to jump into the line.

Echo, if you are not checking with every person that you cut in front of, you should not be cutting! If you can't be there when your friends get there that should be to bad for you! The fact you don't get that is a problem in and of it self. I am sorry but you were wrong!

@Tealke - I agree. Disney is there to make money and is not a babysitting service. I tend to think that half the issues revolve around Disney being unprepared for the lengths to which some people will stoop to get what they want, which causes a domino effect of people panicking and becoming a frenzied mob.

In the end, it's just bits of metal with an inflated secondary market value. I'm just not all that worried about the pins as much as I'm worried about the safety of pursuing the hobby. With low LE pins, there is going to be disappointment from time to time and I think people are ok with it. All the anger and resentment bubbles forth, when people act childish and taunt those who didn't get it. That's the ugly side of the hobby and no one really enjoys that part of it.

@Mark - Perhaps, from your perspective, no apology is required and I can respect that you probably took some major abuse for something that was out of your control. As I mentioned, I thought it might have been a nice gesture. But it's over and I'm going to drop it and leave it buried.

I can understand the stress and nerves involved in waiting and keeping an eye out for cutters. Tensions run high and I know the group that Kim hangs out with can get a ton of visitors, which can look like a bunch of cutters. I wasn't there that Thursday night or Friday morning, so I can't say what was going down. But you and I have been in lines, next to each other, with me nowhere near Kim. I don't cut and Kim tells people where the back of the line is, when people try cutting around her. So I hope that we are cool with each other on the subject of cutting and have no need to accuse each other of cutting.

I'm also not going to defend anything that other people did or didn't do. Everyone is an adult and they should manage their own affairs and don't need me butting in, when I wasn't even there.

Best of luck, to you, on getting the pins you need. :)

David, I understand. I apologized. All I can do is explain my side, in that I thought my group DID check with everyone and that everyone said it was fine. I didn't do it myself, my bad. But there's absolutely nothing I can do about it now, so why continue to attack me and tell me how wrong I am?? If you're trying to make me feel bad, then fine! It's working, okay? Just please stop going after me, it's really not necessary!

@Tealke - I get the exclusivity of the pin set. I don't often understand, that if Disney knows what they are doing, is why they always seem so unprepared to managed the droves of people their perfectly executed marketing plan has generated? Security should be as tight as the proverbial drum and those who managed to wait patiently in line would be rewarded with a fair chance at the pin.

I have no dog in the fight but I am really tired of hearing Disney had no idea!!! It is their jobs to have an idea!!! How long do we have to keep having problems with Disney pin releases because they "didn't know". If they can not figure it out by now a lot of people should be fired and get some new people in there that can figure it out! It seems like they can not do a pin release anyplace without major screw ups. Fire the screw ups and get the next person up to do the job until they can do it correctly.

I believe it is about Disney not caring about pin traders. We are a necessary evil that if they can screw they will take the opportunity. How else can you explain the continual problems. It is also Disney not wanting to spend the money to do the releases right. Extra staff space and time is needed. They are acting like our stupid government officials!!! Claim ignorance until you can't any longer.

David, I understand. I apologized. All I can do is explain my side, in that I thought my group DID check with everyone and that everyone said it was fine. I didn't do it myself, my bad. But there's absolutely nothing I can do about it now, so why continue to attack me and tell me how wrong I am?? If you're trying to make me feel bad, then fine! It's working, okay? Just please stop going after me, it's really not necessary!

Rather then try to explain yourself again, just apologize and quit talking about it. Every time you bring it up it seems like you are being defensive. That is why I said anything at all about it. People make mistakes all the time. Apologize (I know you have but this is the important part now) and move on. Not trying to make you feel bad at all, just trying to be constructive. Sometimes when you feel you are being attacked it is human nature to lash back out. Since I have no dog in the show sometimes it is helpful to have an outside person commenting on the situation. If you took it as an attack please understand it was not meant to be.

I'm sorry but it's hard to NOT see it as an attack when people keep telling me how wrong I was. I'm not this horrible, inconsiderate person who was trying to screw others over. Yes, I do get defensive. Again, it's hard not to when others keep coming at me. Like you said, it's human nature to defend yourself. But I do apologize. It was an honest mistake and a misunderstanding.

The reality is that Disney has no reason to care about pin traders in these circumstances. As a corporation, they're looking to maximize overall profit. They aren't specifically aiming to hurt traders, they just don't have to worry about alienating them. The catch-22 for traders is that the ones who will be the most upset about failing to get a pin, are the exact same buyers that Disney will never lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back