• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Designer Dolls 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Designer Dolls 2015

Polaris

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
So we know that next year is going to be an expo year from Aug 14-16 which means that the next line is expected to be announced around late July early August and that there should be another exclusive D23 doll that will be released.

I figured it would be good to start this thread now since the 2014 line has come and gone and we have less than a year for the next set to come out so it would be a good time to start discussing the next line.

Please note that this thread is about the 2015 Designer Doll line and is therefore open to speculation, information or discussion with regards to the line.

So since it is early i'll start it off with my speculation of what I am hoping to expect in 2015 and as the year progresses hopefully we can post more information as when we find out more information.

In terms of what I am expecting in the new year personally I believe that we are long overdue a Designer line that features other female characters that are not part of the princess line up. That being said there are several princesses that have yet to be added to the designer line.
- Elsa
- Anna
- Merida
What I have noticed from previous years is that the expo years generally have popular Disney characters to showcase the collection and during the off expo years they are the less than popular characters and the line generally does not do as well. So I can definitely see Disney using 2015 the opportune moment to do a designer line that will feature the Frozen sisters and Merida in the line.

It will also allow them to return back to the "designer" aspect of the dolls because let's face it the fairytale line should have just been called that and not designer fairytale because there was not much designer about the dolls with the exception of maybe Cinderella but then again the dolls were more glamorous versions of their animated counterparts as opposed to a "designer" rendition of the doll.

Along with the three princess I figured Disney could round the set up by adding an additional 3 dolls to the line being:
- Esmerelda
- Megera
- Jane or Alice (Alice may not be likely as she is technically 10 in her animated movies but she is much older in the live action film)
Doing so would mean that there would be an even 38 dolls if you include the potential D23 exclusive. This idea has been raised various times in the past and the line has been nicknamed the Designer Heroines line, due to the heroic nature of the different characters.

In terms of the D23 exclusive I think it will be a Platinum designer Elsa as it would be an opportune moment for Disney to cash in further on the popularity of the character. Then again the exclusive has generally been a less than popular character. With Silver Cinderella first and Gold Snow White last year.

There is also the potential that this year (2014) may be the last year for the designer line but I do find that unlikely. Also next year is the 60th Anniversary of Disneyland therefore it would make sense if the exclusive was Aurora since they did two of the three classic princesses already and made the first silver and second gold then it would make sense to have platinum as the next one.

Either way it would be interesting to see what people have to say about what they think the next line may be.

Glad to see this thread started. I am too new to do much speculating, I am still researching about the lines. All I can contribute to this is I hope they do not end the designer line oh and I did read somewhere that Fawn maybe coming in February???? Do not know. Looking forward to reading everyones responses.

This year I would love to see the herions line, I would love to have an Esmeralda doll! I also hope for some more fairies with the new movie coming out, Zarina is looking lonely!

If really great dolls come out, it's going to make me regret not buying expo tickets for this year...ugh. Well, I do know someone that bought a sorcerer package so maybe I can ask for them to buy me some dolls :)

I would literally give my left leg for Esmeralda and Jane classic dolls... If we got designer dolls...

My speculation:
Disney Designer Herions.
-Anna
-Elsa
-Merida
-Esmeralda
-Jane
-Alice (hopefully as 10 yr old 7-9" doll)
-Wendy (same as alice)
-Meg
-Kida

D23 Exclusive: Anna and Elsa twin pack in platinum/gold variant clothes. (They've done with Harrods, why not in the designer line too?)

Personally, what I want them to do is to end the designer line and open a "Disney Princess Collection" or Disney Villains Collection" or "Disney ____ Collection" where Disney makes dolls that are as accurate as they can be, with the dresses and the features of the princesses. Imagine a Cinderella with a Grayish blue dress, or a belle doll with a massive flowy dress with the side ponytail. Or even Mulan in her ending outfit! This idea could work because it would appeal to the masses and they could price them so that everyone can buy them. It could be a thing where parents buy these for decoration because $40-50 is not expensive for a display item. Just my preference. :)

We need a Designer Heroines line. For this line I would like Elsa, Anna, Kida, and Sally. They should also include Esmerelda, Megara, Merida, and Jane. This line-up would be balanced with more popular and less popular characters. It would also give characters that have been ignored for too long a chance to shine.

Last edited:
Either way I am hoping for a return of the original Designer Collection look from 2011. My fingers remain crossed for Jessica, but I would like to see any of the characters mentioned Esmeralda, Meg, Sally, etc.

I would place bets on Anna and Elsa definitely being included, and one or both of them as the D23 Exclusive. We know two dolls can fit in one box so Anna and Elsa can come packed together for a higher price point. I'm not sure where I see the line after this year. The Princess / Villain pair-up would be nice maybe in two more years - or Designer Brides.

It would be graet of they did a heroes and heroïnes collection. haha I'd just love to see a designer Tarzan and Hercules with their girlfriends. haha but that's probably just me.

Regarding the style I would hope for the fairytale designer look, a little bit more stylized and glamorous in comparison with the classic looks of the characters. (the original designer princess style is way to fashionable, and stylized for my taste.)

I'm only interested in the pins, I would basically like a lot of stuf in fairytale designer style. for pins they could also opt for non-princess/human characters. i.e. a Simba with a huge extravagant ''I can't wait to be king'' outfit, ( I would like something with stitch :D)

:D:D:D:D

Last edited:
I think the original Disney Designer Princess line actually met the designer definition. The current designer fairytale line should have just been called a fairytale line because lets be honest there is nothing designer about them. As you mentioned Allie.Pin the fairytale line is just a more glamorous version of what they usually look. So sort of like a mini version of the LE dolls. I would say the only two dolls that met the designer definition were Snow White and Cinderella because of the change in their look and how different their dresses look to their original clothing. The others really just looked like fancy versions of their normal selves which is why I think Disney has really lost track of what the designer line actually means, they just call anything that they release in those plastic cases designer dolls which i don't think is right, the way it is released should not define what it is, the way that it actually looks should.

Either way I am very excited for 2015 and what is in store for us.

I'd love to see that Designer Heroines line, with Meg, Kida, Esmeralda, Jane, Giselle...
And a Designer Children line, with Alice, Peter Pan, Wendy, Taran and Eilonwy and maybe Melody and some others

Last edited:
I think the original Disney Designer Princess line actually met the designer definition. The current designer fairytale line should have just been called a fairytale line because lets be honest there is nothing designer about them. As you mentioned Allie.Pin the fairytale line is just a more glamorous version of what they usually look. So sort of like a mini version of the LE dolls. I would say the only two dolls that met the designer definition were Snow White and Cinderella because of the change in their look and how different their dresses look to their original clothing. The others really just looked like fancy versions of their normal selves which is why I think Disney has really lost track of what the designer line actually means, they just call anything that they release in those plastic cases designer dolls which i don't think is right, the way it is released should not define what it is, the way that it actually looks should.

Either way I am very excited for 2015 and what is in store for us.

I think Jasmine (and Aladdin) do deserve the ''designer'' name. The dress/outfit Jasmine wears is unique as far as I know just like Cindy and Snow.

I think Jasmine (and Aladdin) do deserve the ''designer'' name. The dress/outfit Jasmine wears is unique as far as I know just like Cindy and Snow.

Oh yes you are right, I forgot about them, Jasmine's dress is very nice due to the peacock influence also maybe Belle. I still wish Disney just called that line the Fairytale collection and not the Designer Fairytale collection.

i am super curious about the d23 exclusive! :) the golden snow was gorgeous! i just fear it might be terrible hard to get them especially since i'm a european collector =/ do you just like up at the expo to get them? i might need to fly to the us then just for that, haha =P

and i'd really love to see elsa and anna :)

i am super curious about the d23 exclusive! :) the golden snow was gorgeous! i just fear it might be terrible hard to get them especially since i'm a european collector =/ do you just like up at the expo to get them? i might need to fly to the us then just for that, haha =P

and i'd really love to see elsa and anna :)

I went all the way to the US just for the expo last year haha, it was so much fun but I spent 8 hours in line just waiting to get the D23 Golden Snow, I was freaking out because I thought I would miss out but I was lucky enough to snag a set for myself and a friend.

I am excited for next year though as I am going back but this time around I got the sorcerer package for my partner and I so I am hoping that will guarantee me all the great merchandise next year. I have already started saving up for it! I will have my camera so I will be taking as many photos as I can. I am hoping that we will get a new line of designers that are similar to the original designer line and I am definitely hoping for an amazing D23 exclusive, hopefully an Elsa exclusive!

After seeing the fairytale line and the fairy release last year, I wonder if the term "designer" refers to the doll sculpt rather than the actual fashion used. The only thing I think any of these dolls have in common is the 11-12" height which is very similar to Mattel's "fashion" dolls (e.g. Barbie/Monster High etc.). Maybe "Designer" is Disney's way of establishing a "fashion" doll line different from their pricier Limited Edition 17" line...just a thought. Either way, I really hope for a designer Merida, Elsa, Anna, and Rapunzel (missed out on her previously) to finish my 11" collection. Currently, I have the classic dolls as place holders.

It would be graet of they did a heroes and heroïnes collection. haha I'd just love to see a designer Tarzan and Hercules with their girlfriends. haha but that's probably just me.
Not just you. I think there is a lot of potential with a Designer Dolls collection featuring Tarzan and Jane, or Hercules and Megara. Building off of their existing outfits with wildlife or Grecian designs would be fantastic. Again, so much potential. :)

Its hard to really know what Disney will do for the 2015 designer line. Disney has a LOT of stuff to release for so many films next year. You have the Diamond Edition of 101 Dalmations, the Cinderella movie, and Frozen Fever in the Spring. Then you have Inside Out and Avengers Age of Ultron in the middle of the year. Then you have The Good Dinosaur, The Jungle Book, and the Aladdin Diamond Edition in the fall along side the D23 Expo. And then to top it all off, you have the brand new Star Wars film around Christmas. They have so much stuff to release as it is that it makes me wonder what they are going to be doing about this particular line.

I think its obvious that we will probably finally be getting Anna and Elsa designer dolls and they will probably have a really nice variant of them for D23. I have no idea what to expect for the rest of the line. The Tinkerbell and Zarina dolls as well as the villain line have shown me that Disney could do literally anything for this line. I am sick of princesses being the main focus, so I want characters they haven't done before. An Alice doll or a set of Wendy and Peter Pan or Hercules and Megura would be a dream come true. A Jack and Sally set would give me a heart attack :lol:.

Last edited:
I REALLY want a Designer Family . . . for example . . . Ariel with King Triton, Anna and Elsa, Merida and Elinor, Belle and Maurice, Jasmine and her father the Sultan, Pocahontas and her father the Chief, Mulan and her father, Rapunzel and Mother Gothel (I know, she is not her real mother, but she thought she was for a long time). This idea wouldn't really work for all of them, but it would for some. Well, for my favorites :hs: If there was a "Heroin" line, I would love that as well. If they did a designers Hero line, I really want a nice Huncules, oh, I mean Hercules doll to go in my collection, as well as Tarzan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back