• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Merchandise Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Merchandise Ideas

lordofanime

Active DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,
So I've had this idea for a while, and I wasn't sure on where I should start it. I hope i'm in the right place.

So, we've all wished that Disney would release a specific item, haven't we?
So why not talk about it here!
You can draw up designs, give ideas, and discuss it with everyone here.
These can be t-shirts, figures, plushes, and pretty much anything else.

I'll start with a few things in the coming days (school work is holding me back!!)

So if anyone is interested, go ahead and participate. :D

And please... No bashing.

Here's a list of merchandise I would like to see made:

1. Non-resin (non-breakable material like that of the other LE dolls) LE 17" dolls of Jack and Sally. It would be nice if they made Sally 17" and Jack a few inches taller so that they would be in proportion. They could package them together in the same box and use the same style of box as the princesses (except make it taller to accommodate Jack's height), but make the window design coffin shaped. They could make Spiral Hill (after it has snowed) the background. Sally would be on the left and Jack on the right. They could hold each others hands.
2. LE 17" Kida doll that includes her mask and spear.
3. A detailed Frozen snow globe like the ones Disney used to make. I would most like to see one of Elsa in her SQ dress that incorporates her ice palace.
4. LE 17" Aurora in her blue dress with the spinning wheel glowing in the background.
5. Designer Kida
6. Designer Elsa in her SQ dress.
7. Designer Jack and Sally set (perhaps a wedding one).
8. LE 17" Vanessa with her cape and the beach and ocean at night as the background.
9. Movie accurate Ariel and Eric wedding doll set (12" or 17").
10. Movie accurate mermaid Ariel doll that particularly focuses on getting her hair right.
11. LE 17" Jasmine
12. LE 17" Pocahontas
13. A more movie accurate LE 17" Belle in her yellow ball gown. I really don't like the one they released.
14. More shoe ornaments! I'd like to see shoe ornaments for Sally, Oogie Boogie, Kida, Pocahontas, Aurora (a blue dress version), Aurora (Briar Rose version), Vanellope, Elsa (coronation version), and Anna (snow gear version).

Last edited:
This is a great idea!

I think retrospectively there are a lot of things that Disney has done that they could have done better but also thinking prospectively there is also so much that they could do.

I guess the obvious ones being a complete set of LE Heirloom dolls.

I would just be happy if we had a doll for each Princess which means that we would still have:
- Pocahontas
- Mulan
- Jasmine
To go, I guess we are expecting Jasmine next year with the release of Aladdin as a Diamond Edition but still not sure about the other two.

Personally I think Pocahontas has the potential to look amazing in her tribal outfit, I know there is not much there to work with but they managed to pull it off with Ariel and she doesn't even have any clothes on. Whilst I think Mulan in her father's armor would be amazing I would love it more if Mulan was in a dress as opposed to her armor just because the rest of the line has the princesses looking girly and feminine so it would be such a shame if they put her in an outfit where she looks like a guy.

I would just be happy if Disney did that because then I would feel like the LE doll set would be complete (because we aren't expecting any other princesses to join the line for another 2-3 years).

But it would be great if they did go back and do LE dolls of the other characters that have been missed, especially the Evil Queen. It would be great to see the princes too but I would prefer a complete set of female villains over the princes, especially since we have only one prince doll at the moment as opposed to 4 villains with a potential 5 with Maleficent this year.

Also whilst I would not want Disney to redo any of the princesses that have already been released I feel like some characters just need to be done better like Belle and Cinderella.

The issue with Belle was mainly her hair and the fact that her dress just looked way too rushed and well Cindy, well her problem was that fact that the one thing that people know her for (the glass slippers) was the one thing that people hated most about the doll which is not a good thing!

In terms of the designer line I would love it if Disney moved away from calling them designers, I mean let's face it the designer fairytale line is far from being designer, they are just smaller versions of the LE dolls because they really are just glammed up versions of the character's dresses. So they really aren't "designer" besides calling them just a fairytale collection would have seemed more appropriate. I do think that the designer line has run its course and that Disney should look at doing something different as you can only "designerfy" the princesses so many times before they start looking all the same haha.

Mind you before they do end it I am hoping that we will at least get a heroines line, one that will include Anna and Elsa, I fear that if they were to do another princess line to include Anna and Elsa that people will complain why they omitted other princesses just like they did with the fairytale line. To be honest I think we could have gone with a new line this year as opposed to a continuation of the line but I think Disney was pressured into it after the overwhelming demand for it even though the remaining princesses will probably not sell as fast. Nevertheless a Designer Heroines line would be amazing and it could feature, Anna, Elsa, Merida, Alice, Meg, Jane and Esmerelda, could maybe even add Wendy in there too as that would round up the classic and renaissance characters nicely. But I definitely think some new designer characters are long over due instead of the same characters being reused and rehashed over and over again.

LOL sorry I know this was about any Disney Merchandise but I think the top of the line in terms of expectations for me would be the LE and designer dolls.

I would love to see a Frozen Snow Queen Castle replica!

Also nightmaremermaid, I dont think the Jack and Sally LE dolls are porcelain, I have them at home and they definitely aren't like the China Doll doll, I think they are made of the same material that the other LE dolls are made of. Especially since they were originally priced at around $80 and usually porcelain or even faux porcelain dolls sell for a lot more than that.

Maybe stuff from lesser talked about films such as.

Rescuers down under
Great mouse detective
Pinocchio

or better Cars merchandise less McQueen and sally and more of others.. For frozen Oaken and marshmallow cool it on Elsa please.
I could go on even more. but that is a fine example,

Also nightmaremermaid, I dont think the Jack and Sally LE dolls are porcelain, I have them at home and they definitely aren't like the China Doll doll, I think they are made of the same material that the other LE dolls are made of. Especially since they were originally priced at around $80 and usually porcelain or even faux porcelain dolls sell for a lot more than that.

When I said non-porcelain I meant made of a non-breakable material. They are in fact made of resin. From what I've read online, some of the NBC dolls came with cracks because they are so fragile.

When I said non-porcelain I meant made of a non-breakable material. They are in fact made of resin. From what I've read online, some of the NBC dolls came with cracks because they are so fragile.

Ahh ok I see what you mean, I didn't realise some came with cracks, mine appear to be fine and I think they look amazing, they look like they were the actual figures used in the movie. Based on the website it looks like they are a mixture of things, they are even poseable which means that they cannot be completely resin as I think resin is what they use to make some of the figures? Also they are a lot cheaper than I thought lol, they were originally $100 but went on sale to $56 can you imagine a LE doll going on sale? LOL that almost seems ludicrous nowadays haha.

http://www.disneystore.com/figurine...SGen&att=LSGenAffl&LSID=3685103%7C10676026%7C
http://www.disneystore.com/figurine...SGen&att=LSGenAffl&LSID=3685103%7C10676026%7C

I do understand what you mean though, it would be nice to have some amazing looking NBC merchandise. Did you see the event that they had in DL? It was all themed around NBC, mostly pin merchandise but they did have some other cool items available.

Maybe stuff from lesser talked about films such as.

Rescuers down under
Great mouse detective
Pinocchio

or better Cars merchandise less McQueen and sally and more of others.. For frozen Oaken and marshmallow cool it on Elsa please.
I could go on even more. but that is a fine example,

That is a good point, it would be cool to see some merchandise (other than pins) of lesser known movies. I agree about Cars too. I would love to see more Doc Hudson merchandise, it is as if the character just disappeared because he no longer appeared in Cars 2! LOL

Last edited:
I do understand what you mean though, it would be nice to have some amazing looking NBC merchandise. Did you see the event that they had in DL? It was all themed around NBC, mostly pin merchandise but they did have some other cool items available.
I didn't see it. It makes me wish I lived there so I could go to events like that. I don't collect pins. There are a lot of nice ones, but I know how expensive and addictive it would be to collect them so I've stayed away. I wish at the very least that Disney would make 12" Classic dolls of Sally and Jack.

I didn't see it. It makes me wish I lived there so I could go to events like that. I don't collect pins. There are a lot of nice ones, but I know how expensive and addictive it would be to collect them so I've stayed away. I wish at the very least that Disney would make 12" Classic dolls of Sally and Jack.

LOL you are definitely correct about the pins, just stay clear away from them haha as they are only trouble (to your wallet/credit card)!

That is a good point about the classic dolls, they didn't even make that at all, I would love a figurine of Jack and Sally standing on top of that mountain/hill it would be a pretty big figure but it would look amazing.

I'm a big fan of vinylmations, so I really want more and more!!!!

So I'll be drawing a few designs. I've already shared Anna and Elsa on the frozen topic. I'll be completing that collection first.

The set will have 8 characters:
Anna, Elsa, Kristoff, Hans, Olaf, Sven, trolls, and a chaser.

After I'm done with frozen, I'll start the princess series.

The first set will have:
Jasmine, snow, Anna, Merida, Ariel, Mulan, Briar rose , and a chaser.

I'll upload them as soon as I get them done ;)

Last edited:
I would love to see -

sterling silver charms of more of the characters, not just the fab 5 and Cindy. (I would want to see Lady and the Tramp and 101 Dalmations and Robin Hood and Brave (and Frozen of course).

Plush toys in a old fashioned black and white style - but in the movies / characters that were never black and white... like Lion King, Lady and the Tramp, Little Mermaid... etc... (they came out with a black and white bean bag line for the fab five at the parks and the quality and styling are AMAZING!)

A T-Shirt of King Fergus (Brave) for men - maybe for fathers day?

For me my most wanted item is a 17 inch of Aurora in blue with the spinning wheel in the background!
And a 17inch Maleficent but hopefully we will get them this year.
I would also like a more detailed Frozen snowglobe.

Cool idea for a thread.

I'd love to see replicas of the books in the opening of the older movies. I've read somewhere that these have been done, but it was before my time, and I imagine they'd be done even better if they did them now. Not that I've seen the old ones to compare, so maybe I should shut up, lol.

A film-accurate Pinocchio marionette would be nice. But, like pauly88 said, anything Pinocchio would be nice. Well, anything aside from the princesses and all other overdone merch. Disney has this entire WORLD of possibilities, yet they stick with regurgitating the same stuff. I wish they'd give other franchises a chance.

Introducing the "Let it Go" collection....
Which I'm surprised neither Disney nor Hot Topic has done yet...

Last edited:
Oooohhh I love designing merchandise! As drawing challenges I sometimes think of a theme and then a movie and try and design some merch for it.. ok outloud that sounds lame xD anyway I designed these a few months back now.

1256530_10203471314921735_7608172912916683997_n.jpg

a let it go snowglobe

10154169_10203471330882134_203444116493746446_n.jpg

and in summer music box, there would be major scenes from the movie with olaf in in the four panels down the bottom but I got tired and didnt draw them xD I'd love to try and make it but I'm stumped as to how xD I love reading and seeing everyones ideas! this thread is awesome.

And I have been hoping for a Hades doll, I really want one to be released and I will be all over that. one army of hades coming up! one in the car, in the house, in the bag, just hades... everywhere

Last edited:
Well guys...
I gave up on my Frozen set because drawing them was too hard.
Kinda sad though... The highlights from sets were: The front of Hans had a nice hans and the back had the horrible hans.Kind of like a mirror. It was going to be in the facial expressions. The chaser was going to be Frozen Anna. The vinylmation would have been a clear blue, kind of like the hologram star wars ones. :p

Anyways..
Here's Ariel and Merida.
Please excuse my horrible horrible drawing skills.
The idea is the the princesses with the more "famous" hear would have sculpted hair.

Well guys...
I gave up on my Frozen set because drawing them was too hard.
Kinda sad though... The highlights from sets were: The front of Hans had a nice hans and the back had the horrible hans.Kind of like a mirror. It was going to be in the facial expressions. The chaser was going to be Frozen Anna. The vinylmation would have been a clear blue, kind of like the hologram star wars ones. :p

Anyways..
Here's Ariel and Merida.
Please excuse my horrible horrible drawing skills.
The idea is the the princesses with the more "famous" hear would have sculpted hair.

I think they look nice :)

I like the thread!

I would like the LE dolls collection to grow. I would love if they would add the other female characters to the doll line, like Meg, Jane, Esmeralda, Blue Fairy, Wendy, Eilonwy, Kida and all the others forgitten girls.
I also would like to habe more LE dolls of the classic Princesses (Merida, Rapunzel, Anna and Elsa also got two dolls of each in different outfits), so a Snow White in Raggs, another Cinderella, Aurora in two outfits, Ariel in her pink gown, Belle, etc. would be so great! I also would love to see more LE´s of the villains, like Polaris already said, an Evil Queen would be amazing...and of course Maleficent! I would also love more male character, the good and bad ones, Hans and Kristoff, Phlipp, Snow Whites Prince, Captain Hook...
To be honset, I simply would love LE dolls to be produced of every singe Disney human character! Seriously, that would be amazing!

I would love a LE doll of Esmeralda! Would make sure I could get that one! Also what I think would be a good idea is if they made like coronation plates or wedding plates, like you get for royal weddings or coronations with the royal family, but the Disney ones are based on the Disney princesses, their weddings or Elsa's coronation, I think that could be really well done!

To be a total broken record ;-), I've been waiting for an Alice Animators Collection doll and now I've decided they need to do an Animators Queen of Hearts as well (and other villains for the folks who'd surely want them). And a Designer Alice. And, although I already have heartburn contemplating the purchasing nightmare it would be, a Designer Anna, a Designer Elsa, and a Designer Fairytale Anna and Kristoff (but I go against the grain and think they need to be in their outfits from the end of the movie, when she gives him the sled and they finally kiss). And, to conclude, I'll second the person who wants a second set of Anna and Elsa shoe ornaments. Oooh, wait, and yes, Anna/Elsa/Frozen/Olaf/Etc ear hat ornaments. OK, I'm done now.

Robin Hood:

I would love a Robin Hood and Maid Marian--resin bodies and cloth outfits. If they can make Beast (Fairytale Couples), they can make Robin and Marian. Make it happen, Disney! Please! Thank you!

Frozen:

*Classic 12" Coronation Anna and Elsa. Most of us could not afford the $70 box set.
*Box-set of Coronation Anna with Fjord horse (like Merida/Angus box-set)
*Nicer snow globes. Elsa's ice palace with Elsa on balcony is a no-brainer
*Rock trolls--shocking that they have not made any. I've only seen Busy Books set with Rock troll toy

Brave:

*Funko Pop needs a King Fergus and Queen Elinor
*LE King Fergus (a girl can dream)
*More snow globes and ornaments
*A second movie!

General:

*Reissue of wedding couples (I missed out on those, and they are beautiful)
--Naveen and Tiana
--Ariel and Eric
--Adam and Belle
--Rapunzle and Flynn
--Possible Anna and Kristoff

LE wedding couples also a nice possibility

*Clothing and shoe packs for the Animator dolls
*Clothing packs for 12" dolls (I know Disney has released these in past years, but I only bought Cinderella pack. They need to reissue some.)
*Classic Tiana in any dress but the Bayou dress! Disney, she has white dress, Renaissance dress, blue dress, white wedding dress, etc. Either that, or offer another dress pack for Tiana. Nobody wants to buy at eBay prices, and you do not benefit from our buying off eBay.
*Classic Ariel in date dress (or Ariel dress pack with date dress, pink dress, etc.)
*Classic Belle in blue dress (or Belle dress pack)

Last edited:
I would like that there were two part designer heroine series the way there is two part designer fairytale couples. From Big Hero 6 we have two literal heroines coming this year; Honey Lemon and GoGo. If Giants is coming out in 2016 there is two heroines Angelina and Inma. The first part could come out next year with Honey Lemon, Gogo and for example Megara, Eilonwy and Jane and next part in 2016 or 2017 with Angelina, Inma and for example Esmeralda, Kida and Wendy.

I do not think this will happen and even one heroine collection would make me happy. However since there are these two films coming out with female characters that are not going to be included in the princess line I think Disney could do something like this to promote the characters. And people have been asking heroine line anyway for quite a while. I think it is unlikely we see a 17 inch versions of the previous heroines and since the fairies happened maybe this might. And I would hope the characters could have some subtle theme like with fairytale, but not something like the original designer collection.

I'd like to see released:

- A third set of Frozen limited edition 17" dolls. Anna in translucent blue plastic (including outfit) to reflect the scene of her having turned to ice, and a "What If?" villain design of Elsa.
- A proper video game adaptation of Frozen (adding it as a new Adventure to Disney Infinity would be okay)
- a Disney collectible card game that focused on the princesses

I would have something similar to the disney 17" doll collection but instead of dolls it would be....................The Disney 17" Plush Collection!!!!! There would be Dumbo, Olaf, Stitch and etc. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back