• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Pins - Photos Pet Peeve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Pins - Photos Pet Peeve

starry_solo

Judge of the Dark Court
Staff member
DPF Administrator
Rating - 100%
541   0   0
Do you have a pet peeve when you see people posting pictures of their pins for sale or trade?

I have two:

1. They take a picture of the pin, displaying the pin in the palm of their hand? WHY?
2. They take a picture of the pin, on a mattress that inevitably ends up having some stains and/or is dirty? WHY!!!

So, what's your pet peeve?

Well, I had someone the other day say they wanted a pin I had for their collection. The next day they took a picture of the pin I Zapped them and they were selling the pin at an outrageous price above cost price. :l

Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk

When the photo is just genuinely crappy quality - blurry, small, not rotated, when the pin takes up a small amount of the image/hasn't been cropped properly...

How about if they take a picture of the pin but not the backside of the pin. Everyone seems to just cast aside the backside of the pin but I know as I start collecting I'd be pretty pissed off if I got a nice looking pin on the front and then flip it over and it is all scratched up. Not cool at all.

How about if they take a picture of the pin but not the backside of the pin. Everyone seems to just cast aside the backside of the pin but I know as I start collecting I'd be pretty pissed off if I got a nice looking pin on the front and then flip it over and it is all scratched up. Not cool at all.

That's also important with pins that have known scrappers and counterfeits...

Well, I had someone the other day say they wanted a pin I had for their collection. The next day they took a picture of the pin I Zapped them and they were selling the pin at an outrageous price above cost price. :l

Are you serious?? You Zapped someone and they put it up for sale?

Wow!!!! Who would do such a thing?!?! I am in complete shock! :shock:
Someone that I see all the time at DSF, I never really talked to her before, but we struck up a conversation. She told me how much she hates pin values, sharks, etc. and then she told me she REALLY wanted a pin I had. So I Zapped her, then the next day my Mom saw her selling it for 60 dollars on FaceBook. You live and learn I guess lol, I'm certainly not going to let her behavior bother me.

Someone that I see all the time at DSF, I never really talked to her before, but we struck up a conversation. She told me how much she hates pin values, sharks, etc. and then she told me she REALLY wanted a pin I had. So I Zapped her, then the next day my Mom saw her selling it for 60 dollars on FaceBook. You live and learn I guess lol, I'm certainly not going to let her behavior bother me.

No absolutely not, you put good in the pin trading world with a RAK and it's unfortunate that people would do that with a gift! As you said lesson learned!

So pardon my stupid question but what is "zapped"? If it is what I think it is like you giving them the pin they wanted for free and then they went and sold the pin for money well that is rude.

So pardon my stupid question but what is "zapped"? If it is what I think it is like you giving them the pin they wanted for free and then they went and sold the pin for money well that is rude.
Yep, a Zap is giving someone something. It doesn't have to be a pin though. :)

For this old woman, just the simple logistics of the whole process is sometimes too much for me! Rotate I can do. Resize can present problems sometimes. Trying to get a picture to load is often a challenge! I need remedial lessons- MacBook for Grannies!

I wish that PinPics would have front AND back pics on their database! That'd be amazing..

Pictures of pins in someone's palm wouldn't bug me at all - I think I take pictures like that sometimes, but mostly just to show off a zap or gift I got, not to show someone something I have for trade.

I'll admit seeing a pin on a gross mattress or in a similarly dirty/disgusting environment, I may be hesitant to trade... because if you can't take care of yourself, your pins probably aren't in the best condition.

One thing that irked me... I bought a pin for someone once, for an exchange of some sort, and a few weeks later they were selling it... for less than what I paid! It wasn't a very expensive pin, but just sort of made me want to scream. I would have bought it back if I had seen it in time, but of course it sold within minutes. :)

As far as pictures of pins... I can't think of what annoys me aside from the obvious (blurry, out of focus pictures, or, of course, when someone posts someone else's picture without letting you know it's not a photo of their actual pin).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ohhhh I thought of one!!!! This is a semi-common occurrence these days - When a person sends you your tracking number... by taking a picture of the pin they're sending (still unwrapped) sitting on top of a bubble mailer with the tracking already printed on it.

This bugs me because although you get the tracking number, it's obvious from the photo that the pin has not actually been mailed yet (at the time the photo is taken). If you print postage ahead of time (a great thing to do!), and take a picture of the package in order to send the tracking number, be prepared to ship RIGHT AWAY. (Or be up front about when you plan to ship.)

I have had people do this multiple times and then not actually send the pin until several days later, because they "forgot" or whatever. I'm really patient when it comes to people shipping pins but I cannot STAND IT when someone tells me they're sending my pin at a certain time, and then don't. Things come up, I get it, but if there's a problem, KEEP ME POSTED.

Nothing bugs me more than a tracking number that never updates because my pin is still sitting on your desk or in your car or something.

If you can't ship for a few days, fine, but communicate. Don't say you're shipping that day and then fall off the face of the Internet. It is not my job to remind you to send my pin. Particularly after you've already received the one I sent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back