• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Princess Designer Collection DOLL Release Discussion v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Princess Designer Collection DOLL Release Discussion v2.0

Bricklayer

Administrator
Staff member
DPF Administrator
Rating - 100%
200   0   0
As stated in the Disney Store blog: http://blog.disneystore.com/blog/20...ner-doll-collection-release-announcement.html

Disney Princess Designer Doll Collection Release Announcement

By Sarah Quon- Official Disney Store Blogger, Sep 23, 2011 12:40 PM

6a013481198b41970c014e8bc6e5d8970d-500wi

Dear Disney Store Guests:

As you may be aware, our new limited edition Disney Princess Designer Doll Collection has generated a good deal of excitement. While many of you love the new dolls, you have also expressed frustration in securing your favorite Princess, and brought to our attention ways we could make the process fair for all Guests. We want you to know that we read your comments on Facebook, saw your Tweets, and our Cast Members have told us what they heard from our Guests who visited our Stores.

Quantities of these dolls are very limited, and we realize that not everyone will be able to get the doll of their choice even with a new process in place. Our aim is to increase the chances of as many of our Guests as possible to obtain the dolls that they are seeking. Therefore we have updated our release plans as follows:

-We will now release for purchase all 5 remaining Disney Princess Designer Dolls: Tiana, Jasmine, Rapunzel, Sleeping Beauty and Pocahontas on one date in Stores on 10/17/11.
- We will then have a Disneystore.com release of all 5 Disney Princess Designer Dolls: Tiana, Jasmine, Rapunzel, Sleeping Beauty and Pocahontas, the following day on 10/18/11, at a time to be determined – the time will be released here, on the Buzz, continue to check back for updates.
- We will be limiting the purchase to one doll per Princess, per Purchasing Guest. This limit applies both in-store and at Disneystore.com. NOTE: Purchasing Guests are Guests present at Store age 17 and older.
- We will implement a line queue and ticketing procedure (first come, first served) in Stores on the release date and the dolls will be sold at store opening.
- Guests that are not successful in obtaining the Princess Doll of their choice at the Stores will be able to try on 10/18/11 at Disneystore.com.

We thank you for your continued support and loyalty. We hope you have a Magical day.

Note: This information is valid at Disney Store locations in the United States and Canada, excluding Outlet locations. Due to recent openings, the following stores will NOT participate in the distribution of dolls on 10/17/11: La Plaza Mall, McAllen, TX; Westfield Galleria at Roseville, Roseville, CA; Westfield Fashion Square, Sherman Oaks, CA.

The original thread has become somewhat of a mess, and I do apologize for that. I do feel though, that these dolls still deserve a thread for discussion, as a staggering amount of DPF pin traders also collect them. That being said, let us start anew in this Version 2.0 thread. The purpose of this thread is to simply discuss how you feel about these new releases, or if you have any questions/inquiries regarding the releases, nothing else.

This thread should be used for Disney Princess Designer Collection Dolls ONLY. The original thread will be closed, but still be viewable for reference you may want to look up.

-Please keep all talks towards these dolls and their upcoming releases, and no other merchandise.
-eBay links are, as always, not permitted.
-Refrain from "hijacking" the thread by asking completely off-topic questions
-Yes, you are able to ignore people's post. Click on their username, Add to Ignore List
-Relax.

Any posts that do not adhere to these rules will be immediately removed.

Last edited:
I'm really nervous as to how they are going to handle the online traffic. But, I'm not going to let this situation stress me out more than it has already. I'm just going to think positive about it and wait and see what happens. This should be truly interesting indeed. o_O

I'm really nervous as to how they are going to handle the online traffic. But, I'm not going to let this situation stress me out more than it has already. I'm just going to think positive about it and wait and see what happens. This should be truly interesting indeed. o_O

I decided to try and have a postive outlook too. Being stressed out was getting me no where. I am still worried about the online traffic and now I'm worried about what time the online release will be. I hope it's not when I'm at work, then I'll be really upset! But hopefully all the real collectors will be able to somehow get the dolls they want!

Ok we have like 3 weeks to prepare our selves dun dun dun! I'm mapping out what is the closest mall entrance to the store and getting my pepper spray and running shoes ready lol

Is the online release going to be at midnight or is it going to be a random unknown time during that day?

This same announcement has also been emailed to Disney Store customers (my email was dated this morning Sat Sept 24 at 4:11 AM PDT). Also, this information has been posted to the Disney Store site itself. When you click on the Disney Princess Designer Collection banner for Release Date Information, you get a popup that is identical to the announcement in the email.

fs_snowwhite_designer_princess_20110922.jpg

Is the online release going to be at midnight or is it going to be a random unknown time during that day?

According the new release announcement, the exact time of the online release is to be announced later on the Disney Store Blog :

"We will then have a Disneystore.com release of all 5 Disney Princess Designer Dolls: Tiana, Jasmine, Rapunzel, Sleeping Beauty and Pocahontas, the following day on 10/18/11, at a time to be determined – the time will be released here, on the Buzz, continue to check back for updates."

The wording in the email and Disney Store popup is slightly different:

"We will then have a Disneystore.com release of all 5 Disney Princess Designer Dolls: Tiana, Jasmine, Rapunzel, Sleeping Beauty and Pocahontas, the following day on 10/18/11, at a time to be determined – and will be communicated at a later date."

Last edited:
I'm going to practice getting up at 5:30 AM to be at the mall by 6:00 AM so I can be in the proper line. I have my running shoes ready and I'm practicing my pushing and shoving on my hubby. I should be able to get the two dolls I want (I hope). If not, I'll just stay up all night and all the next day and then sleep for a week. But I'm getting that Aurora doll and Rapunzel doll if it kills me. The store release is on a Monday so East coast will get theirs first. So all you folks in CA, be prepared for text messages from those who missed the dolls. I have friends in Texas and Arizona so I'm covered pretty well. Thank goodness for smart phones.

Oh loll the thread moved but i found you all:) Im in the process of finding someone in the US that can go to the stores for me then im hoping to be able to get another set online to help whoever may of missed out:)

I'm going to practice getting up at 5:30 AM to be at the mall by 6:00 AM so I can be in the proper line. I have my running shoes ready and I'm practicing my pushing and shoving on my hubby. I should be able to get the two dolls I want (I hope). If not, I'll just stay up all night and all the next day and then sleep for a week. But I'm getting that Aurora doll and Rapunzel doll if it kills me. The store release is on a Monday so East coast will get theirs first. So all you folks in CA, be prepared for text messages from those who missed the dolls. I have friends in Texas and Arizona so I'm covered pretty well. Thank goodness for smart phones.

Wish I lived near you, we could have practiced together.

This could be great TBH.......I can up my cardio, get in better shape, improve my running, get running shoes, etc..

Watch out Vegas, here comes Moon!

Last edited:
I am considering going in late to work if I could get all 5 of these dolls (don't have the first 5)...

Personally, I think it's good that Disney is giving everyone a "cooling off" period. I bet a lot of people just wanted them because they were the hot new thing and everyone else wanted them. In 3 weeks, those people might be gone and the real collectors will have a better chance for their dolls.

Someone made a good point, I think it was on the DS facebook page - and said that if people are lucky enough to buy a set of dolls in store, that there is nothing stopping them from buying another set online the next day :( so much for the limit. Still don't see how this is the best solution. It's also a lot of money to drop in one day if you want all five dolls.

You would have spent $240 by 10/17 anyway so just save the $60 each week that you would have spent and you'll be close to the $300 needed anyway. I wish it would have been completely online as I don't have a store near me, but at least I do have a chance for 1 set.

You would have spent $240 by 10/17 anyway so just save the $60 each week that you would have spent and you'll be close to the $300 needed anyway. I wish it would have been completely online as I don't have a store near me, but at least I do have a chance for 1 set.

I suppose that is true, guess it's easier not to look at the total but rather the weekly expense LOL Also, does anyone know if there will be a free shipping code around that time ?!?!

Ugh... well I just got back from one of my local Disney Stores and the CMs there were totally not helpful. Admittedly, they had not worked any of the Mondays prior for the doll releases, but they heard that it was a mess with plenty of people arguing about who got to the front of the store first. This store is in an indoor mall that does not open its hallways until about an hour before the stores open, so you can imagine that October 17th will be a mad rush. I don't know if I want to put myself in that position, especially since there are 8 possible entryways that cannot possibly all be unlocked simultaneously. I think that store is going to have to be crossed off my list of possibilities. The most distressing thing is that the CMs don't know anything, highlighting again the lack of efficient communication in this division of the Disney corporation. I will hive to mill over this in the next 3 weeks. Oh, and this store finally did take down their display dolls.

I am almost considering buying some of the regular play dolls and commissioning my own OOAK dolls, tweaking the Designer designs AND hairstyles to match my aesthetics. It will cost me a lot more money in the long run, but I'll be giving my money to my own artist friend and only a minimal amount to the Disney Store, plus the fabrics and accessories will be made of superior materials. My friend also knows how to root eyelashes on dolls, so I can get that too (but nix the antennae eyelashes). That is my Plan C (Plan A is getting the dolls at retail and Plan B is getting the dolls online).

Whew! Deep breath! Why is this bothering me so much? As lovely as they are, they are just dolls! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back