• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Store Limited Edition 17" Dolls Discussion - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so I have been having a MAJOR squee since Christmas because my little sister gave me purple Elsa and just...yay yay yay:D She's my first LE doll and I think she's absolutely perfect. So many lovely details in her outfit and hair and I love that she has faint freckles on her face. I don't have any pics of her on my computer yet, but I'll post some soon.:)

Okay, so I have been having a MAJOR squee since Christmas because my little sister gave me purple Elsa and just...yay yay yay:D She's my first LE doll and I think she's absolutely perfect. So many lovely details in her outfit and hair and I love that she has faint freckles on her face. I don't have any pics of her on my computer yet, but I'll post some soon.:)

Ohhh, congratulations!!!! Although many people were "Frozen fatigued" by the time that set came out, she really is a lovely doll and (I think) underappreciated. And you've wanted her for so long, so what a wonderful Christmas surprise! Who knows, maybe she'll be the first of many (doll collecting is a slippery slope, hahaha).

Congrats! She's one of my favorites too! Isn't she so elegant? She's the definition of class, IMO.

Rumored Dolls (from Once Upon a Disney Doll Facebook Page). Note, it was translated from French to English by FB so forgive any bad translations:

[FONT=&quot]It's a bit quiet flat at the moment in the announcements of new Disney, it's maybe not hurt anymore. ^^[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Otherwise let's make the point on the latest rumors from official XD[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]There would be several exits the all along the year 2017.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- 2th Moana for the exit bluray[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- the beauty and the beast live in March[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
- collection designer between August and October.
- a new edition of snow white and maybe evil queen or a other old princess novel or not...
Little reminder the d23 will take place this summer so 2017 is gonna be loaded in dolls and goodies and products very limited.
Wait, save[/FONT]

Have you heard about how many Live Action Beauty and the Beast dolls there will be.

I did. I am going to look for the post and see if I can find it again.

This is what I found so far, but I know I read some other rumors elsewhere, on another group/page that seems to have the inside scoop on things.

From here:
http://all-those-disneydolls.tumblr.com/Rumors

RUMORED/POSSIBLE UPCOMING RELEASES

2017 (possibilities)
Live action Beauty and the Beast: Belle, Platinum set
Moana DVD release
New designer line
Snow White: 80th anniversary
Fall 2017 Walt disney signature collection release
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales
Christmas Frozen short

Some of the items on this list are based on speculation and patterns unless specified otherwise.

I could totally see Snow White and the Evil Queen getting dolls for the D23 Expo. If Disney is seriously going to re-release every princess in a different outfit (STILL NO MULAN OR POCAHONTAS THE SALT IS REAL), then it only makes sense that Snow White would get a new doll eventually, and she probably would have gotten one earlier in 2016 if they had not decided to start a new blu-ray line at the last minute. The D23 expo is the perfect time to release those characters.

Aside from that, everything else seems pretty expected (except the second Moana doll, as I figured she would only get that one for the theatrical release and that would be it). I really hope that rumor about Pirates of the Caribbean getting some dolls is true, as I have wanted a Jack Sparrow doll for quite a while now. We also have NO idea what the designer wave will be if they make one at all. SO ready for the D23 expo so we can have all of these amazing things finally revealed!

Last edited:
^^Agreed, but the problem I see is, what dress are they going to put Snow White in? She has two. The princess-y one that was done with the original line as well as the Shanghai Snow White, so will we get a 3rd one with that outfit? Or a sparkly rags one?

And a two-doll set? Hmm...

Ive seen the toysrus belle dolls. They look good! A very reliable source said through one of the fb groups that theirs even looks better in terms of likeness than the disney store. I hope its a subjective opinion because i wanted the disney store doll to look better

I mean if Disney can release a dozen Frozen dolls with some based on outfits they wear for two seconds, then it wouldn't shock me in the slightest if they somehow made her rags some bejeweled high quality princess gown lol.

In all seriousness it is going to be interesting to see how they tackle this. The Evil Queen is a no brainer of course, but Snow White is gonna be difficult. I mean I want to assume that they will make it her "princess" outfit for the third time, but there is only so many times you can do that before the designs start to all look the same. Maybe they could do a completely new outfit as a sort of "D23 celebration" look or something, kind of like what they did with the Disneyland Aurora?

It's stuff like this that makes me so excited for D23! All those months of speculation are ended with a stupid amount of reveals all being released at one time at the expo.

^^Agreed, but the problem I see is, what dress are they going to put Snow White in? She has two. The princess-y one that was done with the original line as well as the Shanghai Snow White, so will we get a 3rd one with that outfit? Or a sparkly rags one?

And a two-doll set? Hmm...

probably the rags one! i dont think its even possible to make a rerelease of snow with the same outfit and from the disney store. I bet there will be a platinum of the couple and an LE of the prince and the evil queen

probably the rags one! i dont think its even possible to make a rerelease of snow with the same outfit and from the disney store. I bet there will be a platinum of the couple and an LE of the prince and the evil queen

Hmm, maybe a wedding Snow White and The Prince?

I'm thinking about saving for the live action Beauty and the Beasts Platinum set but I just can't fathom spending $750 on dolls. Those who have purchased a set already was it worth it? Or do you regret spending that much money on a doll set?

I'm thinking about saving for the live action Beauty and the Beasts Platinum set but I just can't fathom spending $750 on dolls. Those who have purchased a set already was it worth it? Or do you regret spending that much money on a doll set?

I kind of regret spending the $750 + tax so $820-ish on the BATB Platinum Set, but since sis & I didn't have the Belle in the yellow gown by itself (and she was already going for $400-500 by herself), it felt a bit better.

I kind of regret spending the $750 + tax so $820-ish on the BATB Platinum Set, but since sis & I didn't have the Belle in the yellow gown by itself (and she was already going for $400-500 by herself), it felt a bit better.

Thank you! Yea, I totally agree with you. I'm happy you were able to buy them! :) I'm hoping the Live Action Beauty and the Beast dolls will be up to par with the ones we had last year which sold out so quickly!

Thank you! Yea, I totally agree with you. I'm happy you were able to buy them! :) I'm hoping the Live Action Beauty and the Beast dolls will be up to par with the ones we had last year which sold out so quickly!

I hope so too, but will be passing on the live action dolls. She just doesn't seem Belle-like to me.

It just occurred to me that there's no need for this discussion about the Beast's name... His name is Rumpelstiltskin, of course! Duh. :D

Rumored Dolls (from Once Upon a Disney Doll Facebook Page). Note, it was translated from French to English by FB so forgive any bad translations:

[FONT=&amp]It's a bit quiet flat at the moment in the announcements of new Disney, it's maybe not hurt anymore. ^^[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Otherwise let's make the point on the latest rumors from official XD[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]There would be several exits the all along the year 2017.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]- 2th Moana for the exit bluray[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]- the beauty and the beast live in March[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
- collection designer between August and October.
- a new edition of snow white and maybe evil queen or a other old princess novel or not...
Little reminder the d23 will take place this summer so 2017 is gonna be loaded in dolls and goodies and products very limited.
Wait, save[/FONT]

I am a bit confused right now... "2th Moana"... so what does that mean? That we will see a new Moana in February? Or maybe on February 2nd? Or just that we will get a second release in general? Sorry that i am so picky, but it makes me curious.

I will definitely go for all the live action dolls, if it is possible! I am already super excited. Disney Store Co Uk offers anyone who signs in a newsletter for the upcoming LA dolls (i have seen that in the "limited dolls" department"). So i am asking myself if we will see limited edition dolls for BatB around February! I always thought it will be in march but now i am not that sure anymore...

As for the fall release, my guess would also be Snow White! It is Snow's 80th anniversary and she is part of the signature collection (with hardly any merchandise yet). Besides that, the last Snow White release was in 2009, while BatB were 2010 and 2016. I don't see them doing any Princess and the Frog (also 2009/2010) release in the near future, and Cinderella is still too "New", so Snow White could be the new fall release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back