• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Store Limited Edition 17" Dolls Discussion - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Store Limited Edition 17" Dolls Discussion - 2017
I am a bit confused right now... "2th Moana"... so what does that mean? That we will see a new Moana in February? Or maybe on February 2nd? Or just that we will get a second release in general? Sorry that i am so picky, but it makes me curious.

A second Moana doll, tied to the blu-ray release. Which, last I checked, we don't know the date for yet.

I haven't seen Moana yet, does she have a second outfit?

Yes, she has a "ceremonial" outfit that is more detailed and elaborate than her standard ensemble. I think a lot of doll collectors were hoping she'd be in THAT outfit for the 17' doll, and since she wasn't, the question is now: Will Disney do a second Moana 17" doll and put her in that outfit? I guess we'll see in the next couple of months ....

EDIT: They used it for the singing doll.

460024696427-1

Last edited:
There is probably some validity to that rumor, but I dunno why Disney would make a second Moana doll when the first one is still so easy to get ahold of and hasn't sold out yet. They have so many available at my store. The film has become more popular since it's release though, so maybe it will sell out in the next few weeks.

Right now I am more concerned with what the BatB dolls will look like. I want to see a face sculpt for the Emma doll so badly!

There is probably some validity to that rumor, but I dunno why Disney would make a second Moana doll when the first one is still so easy to get ahold of and hasn't sold out yet. They have so many available at my store. The film has become more popular since it's release though, so maybe it will sell out in the next few weeks.

Right now I am more concerned with what the BatB dolls will look like. I want to see a face sculpt for the Emma doll so badly!

My guess is that it was already planned and the doll has been made. After all, they only have to change the clothes, right?

I can't wait to see the beauty and the beast dolls! Dying to see what the Emma Watson face sculpt looks like. Plus I like reading everyone's thoughts opinions and complaints on the dolls. I'll be getting the Emma Watson belle regardless as I don't own any le belles

I haven't seen Moana yet, does she have a second outfit?
In the film, she has at least 3 others as a teen. Two of them are seen in the "Where You Are" musical number - one where she's doing a traditional dance with some of the other villagers wearing a head lei and another where she's walking ceremonially through the village wearing her tuiga (head dress of a chief). The third is a feathery dress and head lei she wears at the end of film.

It looks far too much like Cinderella's wedding dress for my liking - but I also don't much care for ANY of her wardrobe in this film. Aside from her blue 'peasant' dress (which is great) it all looks so jarringly out of time and place. That's not so bad though, as it means I'll save extra money for whatever comes at D23 ;)

I think I saw it online on Bazaar (?) that Disney reps said the white dress is a celebration dress. Ditto the comment above that it looks too much like live action Cinderella's wedding dress. The propostions seem off.

Slightly off topic, but the 2016 thread is locked so I guess this is the best place for it?

I'm strongly considering selling my de-boxed original 17" Belle in order to get the new winter Belle. Aside from the green dress, the winter dress was always my favorite. Anyone with both dolls willing to weigh in on if it's worth it? (So far I'm down to liking the mold on original Belle more, but loving the dress on winter Belle more)

Slightly off topic, but the 2016 thread is locked so I guess this is the best place for it?

I'm strongly considering selling my de-boxed original 17" Belle in order to get the new winter Belle. Aside from the green dress, the winter dress was always my favorite. Anyone with both dolls willing to weigh in on if it's worth it? (So far I'm down to liking the mold on original Belle more, but loving the dress on winter Belle more)

It was locked because it looked like people had moved on and started discussing the LA BATB dolls that are coming out this year in that older thread.

Most people actually like the face mold, widow's peak, etc. on the Winter Belle more than the old one.

I like both Belle faces but the new one has that longish looking face problem I don't like with Disney dolls. The old one doesn't have the widow's peak but still has a pretty face and at least to me doesn't look like she has a too long face. :) But I think both of them very pretty.

So does anyone know or heard a potential release date for the LE Live Action Belle Doll? I am dying to see what she looks like and to see if shes improved over the Film collection doll(which is one of the most controversial and disliked dolls ever from Disney) I plan on getting the LE doll regardless. Also I really hope that rumor about a second Moana is true as She is one of my favorite LE dolls that I have. The detail when you see her in person is just stunning

Hmm well we know Cinderella was released the same day as the movie, and I think the Alice dolls came out a day or two after the movie? So March 17th (give or take a couple days) seems a pretty solid bet.

Ohhh, congratulations!!!! Although many people were "Frozen fatigued" by the time that set came out, she really is a lovely doll and (I think) underappreciated. And you've wanted her for so long, so what a wonderful Christmas surprise! Who knows, maybe she'll be the first of many (doll collecting is a slippery slope, hahaha).
Thank you!:D I think she's underappreciated too...she's actually my favorite of the Elsa LEs. (Yes, even over Snow Queen Elsa, even if she wasn't so stinkin' expensive!:p)

Congratulations! :))

Can't wait for pictures since she is my favourite and grail, too! :) :cheshire::cheshire::cheshire:
Thank you:D

Congrats! She's one of my favorites too! Isn't she so elegant? She's the definition of class, IMO.
Thank you:D She is elegant, I agree.:)

And now that I've taken so long to reply, here are the pictures: http://dollsdisneyrollercoasters.blogspot.com That's my new-ish blog and I got all of the pictures I have of purple Elsa so far on there:)
IMG_6951.jpg

Last edited:
I've seen lots of photo shoots of SQ Elsa in the snow, but I don't think I've ever seen one for purple Elsa - she looks positively gorgeous out there! Wonderful pictures. <3 (Team Purple represent!)

I've seen lots of photo shoots of SQ Elsa in the snow, but I don't think I've ever seen one for purple Elsa - she looks positively gorgeous out there! Wonderful pictures. <3 (Team Purple represent!)
I think so too, lol:D The indigo dress makes Elsa herself "pop" more in the snowy scenes, I think. She sparkles in her ice-dress, yes, but she sort of blends in, too, if that makes sense.:p
Thank you very much:) Glad to see another purple Elsa fan:D

Since the Disney store has the 17" LE Alice doll on clearance for $59.99 I was thinking of making a custom of Mia Wasikowska(the actress who plays Alice) from Crimson Peak on of my recent favorite horror films and one of my favs of 2015. so how hard would it be to turn this doll into this: I would need to find the Dress which could be hard but id like to recreate the end scene where shes a bit bloodied up like on another poster. I have never done a custom before but id like to try. I would also not mind recreating her look from the first Alice film with the blue dress

27928063820_bac51cc3b1_b.jpg
crimson_peak___mia_wasikowska__oficial__by_hildacarmonat-d9g5lkz.jpg

Last edited:
Since the Disney store has the 17" LE Alice doll on clearance for $59.99 I was thinking of making a custom of Mia Wasikowska(the actress who plays Alice) from Crimson Peak on of my recent favorite horror films and one of my favs of 2015. so how hard would it be to turn this doll into this: I would need to find the Dress which could be hard but id like to recreate the end scene where shes a bit bloodied up like on another poster. I have never done a custom before but id like to try. I would also not mind recreating her look from the first Alice film with the blue dress

Totally considered doing this myself at one point! I can't offer any help in regards tips or anything, but I wish you a lot of luck if you go through with it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back