• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disneys LE500 OZ doll - will it be available in the uk??? Thoughts please...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disneys LE500 OZ doll - will it be available in the uk??? Thoughts please...

charlottetowell

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Hi, following on from a couple of threads posted recently regarding the OZ LE500 china doll, I am wondering if any UK collectors think she will be available on the UK site near to the film launch date, if at all? I know she sold out quickly in the US, which is no wonder with such few numbers, but I hope/wonder if disney kept a few aside to sell in the uk? I know with the likes of the Alice dolls, and Queen of hearts that sadly was not the case, and I couldnt order due to all the customs fees etc I would incurr. Just wondered what fellow collectors think? Thanks all :)

the same thing happened with sgt calhoun doll recently, she just turned up on the uk website. so fingers crossed. i was gonna order from the u.s site as i order from there quite a lot but like you postage was about $80 for her and then i probably would get a charge of about £30 duty and taxes and couriers clearance fee :(

I think this doll is only going to be sold online and because of that I thinks why should be selling it in the UK as well. I know that they didn't sell the Alice and Queen of Hearts when they came out but due to the increased exposure of the dolls I think they will release it in the UK. Or at least I hope they do because I would hate to see people selling it on eBay when the guys in the UK didn't even get a chance at getting it.

I did notice that both stores appear to be separate entities from one another and the only thing they have in common are some of the limited edition merchandise. You cannot even buy a D23 membership on the UK site nor were you able to buy the gallery prints on the US site.

A thanks guys for your touts, I really hope so, I'm guessing she would be around £120ish ?? I'm not sure if this is a god price point or not, I know the LE number is low, I buy these dolls to enjoy but also as an investment for my daughter who also loves them, and one day will hope to pass them on to her. £120 is a lot of cash though :(

No more than £115 I expect, if any is released in Europe. It's not to do with the edition number, it's made with completely different materials right down to the stand. The polyester resin is a durable alternative which can be used to create the same porcelain effect and produced at a far cheaper cost.

Hopefully you will be able to get one at some point in future :)

I think this doll is only going to be sold online and because of that I thinks why should be selling it in the UK as well. I know that they didn't sell the Alice and Queen of Hearts when they came out but due to the increased exposure of the dolls I think they will release it in the UK. Or at least I hope they do because I would hate to see people selling it on eBay when the guys in the UK didn't even get a chance at getting it.

I did notice that both stores appear to be separate entities from one another and the only thing they have in common are some of the limited edition merchandise. You cannot even buy a D23 membership on the UK site nor were you able to buy the gallery prints on the US site.

My store actually got 2 of the LE China doll, and I don't live in a huge city. So I would imagine some of the bigger cities had to have gotten them also. Which must be why it sold out so fast online.

I would say that the chances of China Doll being released in the UK/Europe is probably a big fat no. The back of her box only lists the US Disney Store address, which is not what is shown on the boxes of the other LE dolls. I think it's probably just a US issue.

I would say that the chances of China Doll being released in the UK/Europe is probably a big fat no. The back of her box only lists the US Disney Store address, which is not what is shown on the boxes of the other LE dolls. I think it's probably just a US issue.

I think you right, last week i sent an email to DS customer service asking about the doll and someone replied back saying that they didn't have any information about the release of this doll in the UK, please keep checking the website and blah blah blah...:rant:
I had the same response when i asked about Alice while ago.:(

On the other hand i don't think DS give any priority to collectors in the UK, there's not many collectors here, most of the time the LE dolls seats on the shelves for ages and on the website, people just don't buy them. :(

I really hope this isnt the case, and I will keep checking the site....I think the designer villains sat there on the site for so long because the LE editions were so much higher than some previous ones...I know I for one would ve bought the alice dolls/queen if they had been avail on the uk site to buy, as too would I buy the oz doll....smaller edition numbers appeal more to me, but I know this isnt the case with everyone. It would just be nice to hopefully get a release over here but I guess we'll have to wait and see :)

Disney Stores lack of information really annoys me. Fair enough if something is a US exclusive only but I wish they would let us know that so we have time to order from the US. I missed Alice and the Queen of Hearts because they couldn't say if we were getting them or not. I though the same was going to happen with Sgt Calhoun but luckily we got her here. Fingers crossed for China doll though, I won't be getting her but I know a lot of people who do want her.

Hi guys PSantos pointed this out on another thread, but the LE China Doll is back up for sale on the US disney store site. For those of you in the UK that missed out, now is your chance to grab her, especially if there is a possibility she will not be released in the UK.

stressing as i dont know what to do?? it will be a total of $255.90 to buy it !!! ($76.40 shipping) and god knows how much customs will be? if i order her knowing my luck she will turn up on uk site after i purchased her and if i dont buy her i could miss out? aaaaarrrrrrgggghhh!!!!

Last edited:
I think it all comes down to how much you want the doll. I don't think they will release her in the UK similar to Alice and Queen of Hearts. Also that is still cheaper then what people are asking for her in eBay. Since it is coming from Disney don't they provide an invoice or shipping slip, so I didn't think customs would charge you for it would they?

yeah they would charge me. i get stuff all the time but mostly the charges have been between £19-£40 so far. but i know what you mean do i really want her that much? lol

Just my opinion: none of us have seen the movie yet. How do we know how much we'll like it or her? That's an awful lot of money for a pasty white doll! Lol...I joke, but really... I think she is way overpriced, but if she appeals to you that much and you have the funds, go for it!

I think I will wait and hope she comes to the uk site....I can't afford that much customs and hopping on top on initial price!!! That could be pin money lol!!!!

Wazzy has said on the 17" thread that she is coming soon to UK! Confirmed on Facebook apparently, so expect it to be around 25-40 dolls for Europe

Wazzy has said on the 17" thread that she is coming soon to UK! Confirmed on Facebook apparently, so expect it to be around 25-40 dolls for Europe

There is no UK address on the box, so unless they're going to do another release in a different box, she won't come out here I would assume. I also don't hold my breath on what is said on the FB page -- they also said that the Designer Villain Pin set would be coming to the UK and it never did.

Hey, Disney Store sent me a private message, and confirmed to me today that the UK will be getting the LE China Girl. This was their message: "We apologise once again for the delay, but are delighted to let you know that the Limited Edition China Girl Doll will be making her way down the yellow brick road to our UK website! As we do not have an exact date at the moment, we would advise you to keep an eye on our Facebook page for more information as it becomes available. Have a Wizarding Wednesday!" Excited for her to arrive :)

Last edited:
Hey, Disney Store sent me a private message, and confirmed to me today that the UK will be getting the LE China Girl. This was their message: "We apologise once again for the delay, but are delighted to let you know that the Limited Edition China Girl Doll will be making her way down the yellow brick road to our UK website! As we do not have an exact date at the moment, we would advise you to keep an eye on our Facebook page for more information as it becomes available. Have a Wizarding Wednesday!" Excited for her to arrive :)

Oh yay wazzy!! That's great news! I doubt they will advertise her on their fb page though if she's so limited! The USA didn't get an advert, I'm guessing there will not be that many available on the site.....with it only being a 500 edition. I wonder how much she will be? When is the oz film due out in the uk? I'm wondering if it will be that week for release or if she will be made available before the film is in cinema.....hmmmm.......better get saving now lol!!

Oh yay wazzy!! That's great news! I doubt they will advertise her on their fb page though if she's so limited! The USA didn't get an advert, I'm guessing there will not be that many available on the site.....with it only being a 500 edition. I wonder how much she will be? When is the oz film due out in the uk? I'm wondering if it will be that week for release or if she will be made available before the film is in cinema.....hmmmm.......better get saving now lol!!

Yeahh it is great news, I was really hoping we would get her here. She should cost around £110- £120. But true, we will only have a very limited quantity. With Sgt. Calhoun we only got a few, and this one will be even less with the low edition size. But the movie is releasing in the UK on the 8th March, same as everywhere else, so still a couple of weeks left. But we should get all the merchandise soon, along with LE China Girl hopefully :)

all of the oz dolls are now in the uk disney stores today, i bought them all today even 12" china girl (i think she is 12") they are all £20.00. no mini 4" china girl though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back