• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disneys LE500 OZ doll - will it be available in the uk??? Thoughts please...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disneys LE500 OZ doll - will it be available in the uk??? Thoughts please...
i looked online today and saw nothing but i just happened to walk by local store today and just went in to kill time and then saw them right there. the cm there reckons that china girl is only released in u.s as he bought one from there and they have heard nothing in the bulletins they get. he could be wrong though they aint that relable

all of the oz dolls are now in the uk disney stores today, i bought them all today even 12" china girl (i think she is 12") they are all £20.00. no mini 4" china girl though
Ooo, what does the 12" china girl look like? I don't think I've seen the DS version.

i walking past the store today to kill time and then thats when i saw them. the cm there reckons 17" china girl will be only released in the u.s as he has heard nothing or any news in the bulletins that they get. thats why he said he purchased one from the u.s. but thats no guarantee as they are not that reliable. so who knows?

she is in a different kind of box not like the others which i was dissapointed about but she is still good. i wish i can put pics up but cant :(

It looks like the Oz merchandise was released on the UK Disney Store, but there is still not LE China Doll. Surely they will release it soon wouldn't they?

Omg my heart sank today...I was out, and got a msg from my friend saying she had bought a china doll instore!!! Knew I wouldn't be back home for aaaaages and had no access online....I was so sad as I thought she would be gone for sure when I got home and went on the site (I don't live near a store!).....I got home, straight on to my iPad and searched Disney stores site......no joy!!! Oh no I thought, I've missed out, then I realised my friend was referring to the regular doll lol!!!! Duh!!!! Anyway, thought I'd share that funny story....or not so funny at the time hehehe! I don't know if she will be online soon if at all??????Pleeeeese, I keep checking but no luck.........

Omg my heart sank today...I was out, and got a msg from my friend saying she had bought a china doll instore!!! Knew I wouldn't be back home for aaaaages and had no access online....I was so sad as I thought she would be gone for sure when I got home and went on the site (I don't live near a store!).....I got home, straight on to my iPad and searched Disney stores site......no joy!!! Oh no I thought, I've missed out, then I realised my friend was referring to the regular doll lol!!!! Duh!!!! Anyway, thought I'd share that funny story....or not so funny at the time hehehe! I don't know if she will be online soon if at all??????Pleeeeese, I keep checking but no luck.........

She's still available the LE 500:

http://www.disneystore.com/china-girl-doll-oz-limited-edition-19/mp/1326820/1000276/

The stock on the UK website now is to prepare for the run up to the release, common with other films, merchandise out early.
DS Europe stocking the Tollytots China Doll is great! We do not get these kind of exclusives found in other US stores.

DS US gets their allocated stock first because it's a bigger market and it's why they usually have preorders for the usual 17" LE dolls because larger quantities are shipped there to ensure all areas are covered and help estimate the demand for the doll into the run up, unless of course there is a surprise release.

Of course China Girl is not part of the DS LE series and shouldn't be considered as such. She is an individual collectors piece. However to compare for the immediate questions over 17' Sgt Calhoun on her release (though Europe only got 50 items) I hope they have held back a few for the European market as well. Got my fingers crossed for you. :hsd:

Make sure you check the website regularly in the run up to the premiere. :)

I saw her 8 this morning, i think she was released on the website midnight. I really didn't think she was going to sell out that quick.:shock:
Me neither! I'm glad I bought her but I feel very guilty as she was a lot of money, more than I wanted to spend on her.

I thought she would be there for at least a day, considering her price tag. Sgt Calhoun lasted a few days despite the fact that Europe only got 50 and she was half the price. It will be interesting to find out how many China Girls we really got.

I thought she would be there for at least a day, considering her price tag. Sgt Calhoun lasted a few days despite the fact that Europe only got 50 and she was half the price. It will be interesting to find out how many China Girls we really got.

Yes, i'm curious now to know how many Europe got.

Absolutely gutted....ive literally check daily/hourly even for this doll on the uk site, every day since the us release - this morning of all mornings, had to go to doctors with my baby, by time i got home saw disney store had advertised her as being available, and shes sold out :( I could just cry :'(

I 've read on the french forum board, that Europe only got 20

if that's the case then it is ridiculous!!i would've thought more than 20 though? Issue in store too? I don't live near a store to check.......I wish we would more of an equal treatment, and a higher number....it's getting beyond a joke!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back