• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DSF PTD new rule

DSF PTD 1 per person, how do you feel about it?

• I dont collect PTD's i dont care

Votes: 14 11.3%
  • Good! slow down you CKC wacko's!!!

Votes: 35 28.2%
  • It wont help, we have friends....

Votes: 35 28.2%
  • Good idea, but increase edition size too!

Votes: 40 32.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
DSF PTD new rule
They posted it on there facebook that this is the new policy with PTDS

Oh boy... 1 pin per person, per day, is gonna drive up the price of PTDs on ebay or kill the PTD craze. Either way, it's DSF that's gonna lose $$$. I wonder how management plans to explain to the merchandise honchos in Glendale/Pasadena about the loss of revenues? :lol:

Oh my. Just like all of you, I am very concerned with the well being of the employees of DSF, their food stock and most importantly, their profits. I want to ensure they always have icecream and keep making the money they need to stay open. I for one feel that they really could use this.. Pins are becoming hectic to them now!

Let us all do our parts by tipping more on PTDs and asking them to raise the price of pins.

I, for one, would like to see our concern how much they make off icecream or pins not go unheard!

Oh my. Just like all of you, I am very concerned with the well being of the employees of DSF, their food stock and most importantly, their profits. I want to ensure they always have icecream and keep making the money they need to stay open. I for one feel that they really could use this.. Pins are becoming hectic to them now!

Let us all do our parts by tipping more on PTDs and asking them to raise the price of pins.

I, for one, would like to see our concern how much they make off icecream or pins not go unheard!

:lol: smartass ;)

As someone who is attempting to collect pretty much all of these little ice cream goodies and lives out of state..... I hate the new rule. It makes it much harder for me to get one and simply drives up the price on eBay. The majority of mine I've had to purchase from eBay. Haven't had a huge amount of luck on DPF getting them.

just raise the edition size to 1000. I could care less if they are LE at all! That's not why I collect them! They are just adorable. Period. They are primarily what I'm collecting right now. It's hard enough for me to get them.... This only makes it harder for me and better for the resellers. :(

OK from an outsider ( not in US) - The thing is , it is meant to be a free pin with a certain sundae right ? but they then sell it 2 at a time without the sundae? So if they stuck by the original idea of getting one with a sundae, it would last longer. But DSF seem to make up rules as they go along.

I'd just take the two sundaes and dump them in the garbage as soon as I left the store (or give it to a homeless person).

I think the problem is, pretty much no matter how DSF handles the PTDs from now on, I think they're gonna stay 1pp :( I agree that it sucks for those not by DSF, but let's be honest, DSF has never given 1 crap about any of us not by them lol The people who attend DSF do, but DSF and its workers could give less than 2...well, I'll say 2 donkeys for now about the rest of us :(

Given that, the reason DSF is probably going to keep it 1pp is because no matter how the cookie crumbles, having it be 1pp means it'll last A LOT longer. For example:

LE300 (2pp) = 150 guests
LE500 (2pp) = 250 guests
LE300 (1pp) = 300 guests
LE500 (1pp) = 500 guests
LE1000 (2pp) = 500 guests

I don't know how much it costs, but it cannot be cheap for DSF to have to increase the LE size from 300 to 1000, that is over 3x the current amount so they will be paying A LOT more money to make it LE1000 and they can only serve the same number of people that they could if they not even doubled the LE size (to LE500) but kept it 1pp. I can see them raising the edition size to LE500, but I think that even then they'll still keep it 1pp. If they do that, then they can serve a little more than 3 times the people they used to serve while not even doubling the current LE size.

I'm not supporting it just to clarify, as a person who needs PTDs they'll no doubt create (since they've already done a King Candy one, more WiR ones are to come) I'm quite disappointed by this new rule. However, I don't think DSF is going to ever make it 2pp in the near future :( Clearly they've started the 1pp at actual releases so I can't be shocked if DSF eventually becomes a 1pp place.

The blind bag idea... It actually has merit to me. They could do le300's, 5 designs at a time. all jumbled in a box, in black bags. To keep folks (including CM's) from feeling the bag for the right "shape" they could do the little cards inside like they did the mickey bags.

It would in the long run, slow down the "reseller" from going in and taking 4 friends along. They wouldnt want to risk buying 8 if they didnt know for sure it was the 1 character from the box that everyone wants.

It would in the long run, slow down the "reseller" from going in and taking 4 friends along. They wouldnt want to risk buying 8 if they didnt know for sure it was the 1 character from the box that everyone wants.

I'm not so sure it would stop them at all. The reason being, since PTDs are so popular nowadays, it is almost impossible to lose money on them. If a reseller brought 4 friends and they all chose poor PTDs, that sucks but there is no way they'll lose money on it since PTDs sell pretty well on Ebay. On top of that, if there was a really popular PTD hidden among the bunch, it would only promote resellers to bring as many people as possible to ensure they at least get a few. So it could go both ways, but in the end, I don't know how else DSF can really help besides making it 1pp or increasing the LE size 3-5x the current amount (so LE900-LE1500).

DSF is missing out on revenue. If they raised the edition size to 400, at $11.95 that's an additional $1,195.00 in revenue they could have generated.
At 500, it's $2,390.00 missed revenue. These PTDs are simple pins and can't cost them more thast $.25 each to make in China.
They have already paid for any setup charges. So it's straight income.
Popular characters will still sell out in 1-2 days. Others will stay around longer.
So why wouldn't DSF want to make more money? This is the question that perplexes me.
Sherry4pins

Hopefully, they'll realize that if they let people buy 2 pins then they'll be serving less ice cream (assuming some people get 2 pins and 1 sundae). They'll still get the same $$ but their outlay (ice cream) expenses will be less. I can't see why they would think that is a BAD thing. Just up the LE size and let us (all you CA folk) buy 2 pins!!

Cannot wait for LE500s of all the townsfolk from Robin Hood. I totally missed out on Skippy. By the time I got there he was sold out.

1 per person and LE 500 sounds fair to me.

I wish they would have made it one per person a few days ago so I would have at least had a chance to get a Si and Am PTD which I have been waiting years for, but I have a job and while at that job yesterday, the one I have been waiting forever for was released and sold out, so now in order to get one, I'm going to have to pay 3 times the amount for one or am offered very unfair trades for it. It's great when I look on Ebay for one since nobody here is willing to help anyone out and I see it going for 3 times the amount and that person has 3-4 to sell. I'll probably end up buying one since it's the only way for me to get one since I have a job and can't run down there at anytime like the greedy profiteers. DSF probably changed it to one per person since there are no new pin releases for a few weeks and they are running out of these since people are making a living off hanging out there and re-selling them, now lets see if DSF actually enforces its own rule since they never do with pin releases.

Well let's see if this is just a rant. I have a Si Am PTD and I would like your Wreck it Ralph marquee that you have in your trades. Both of us live in So Cal so the cost is equal. That is the fair trade you are asking for....for a pin you have wanted for years. So is it a deal?

Last edited:
I have mixed feelings. I liked getting two so I could trade one but when they sell out in just a few hours, it's almost impossible to get one unless you live close to the soda fountain. When I started collecting PTD's, they weren't nearly as popular as they are now. I feel like these are going ballistic just like the BT's.....lol. The prices on Ebay are nuts. I can't afford to run to DSF every week so I have to try and trade for PTD's or purchase them on Ebay. I think changing the LE size to 500 is good. I hope it will drive down the Ebay prices.

I dont really think anyone is "hyping" these PTD's... they are just the newest trend. people were after the BT's and the marquee's from DSF. Now, since DS.com and other pin locations still have yet to find something decent to give it competition, the PTD's were bound to pick up popularity. At least they are not ALL running $50.00 or more. Still in the decent resale and trade range in general.

Time and gas... I dont collect them, i collect obscure characters so rarely would a PTD need to go into my collection. So for me, the only motivation to go to DSF for a PTD is for a friend, or for the ice cream. (my 4 yr old calls DSF the best ice cream place on earth. yeah....)

The average price for resellers on eBay and other sales sites, (including here) for PTD's is about $25.00... I did the math. Living 32 miles away, for me to cover my gas, if people want these PTD's, I NEED to sell 3 of them to my FRIENDS for $20-30 each just to break even, each trip. Dont judge the sellers, most of them are not trying make a massive profit on these little buggers. Other DSF pins... a totally diff story. lol But PTD prices being what they are, these are not major profit margins.

edit: i get my average price of 25 from already sold listings, and usually only after a couple weeks. ALL of these resell high for a few days or a week. but they settle down.

Last edited:
Well let's see if this is just a rant. I have a Si Am PTD and I would like your Wreck it Ralph marquee that you have in your trades. Both of us live in So Cal so the cost is equal. That is the fair trade you are asking for....for a pin you have wanted for years. So is it a deal?
Since I already purchased a Si and Am pin I'll pass on your kind offer, thanks anyway. Good luck on that WIR marquee. :)

DSF is not the disney difference. Royals Like sorapandora who i adore, i wish i could pick up PTD'S for her but these aristocratic folks at DSF cannot make up their minds about rules. Like today i got arthur and it sucks to hear others being able to get ptds but cannot get more than 1 because dsf is always on crack. they need to go to rehab.

that rule is complete doo doo. i would go to the dsf and would get a minimum of 2 to a max of 6 ptds...and they were worth it because i would keep one for me, one for trade , and the rest i would sell them to others who couldnt or cant make it amd in those sales i would make my money back. Im not a shark or greedy person. I sold all the ptds for less than 18. My price was 13.00 for the pin since the actual price of it is 13.03, 2 for shipping and 3 for the travel cost. When si and am came out, the fountain was busy! so i guess they got tired of the rush. true i managed to get 4, but i didnt keep any of them since i traded one and sold the rest to out of state traders without taking advantage, my price stayed the same. This rule sucks for me because not only will i not have an extra to trade (after all this is what its about right? TRADING) i wont have any extras to offer to those out of cali. Not only that but i pin isnt worth the drive up the 110 and 101 freeway plus the parking fees at Hollywood. I really do hope they take this rule back

As someone who is attempting to collect pretty much all of these little ice cream goodies and lives out of state..... I hate the new rule. It makes it much harder for me to get one and simply drives up the price on eBay. The majority of mine I've had to purchase from eBay. Haven't had a huge amount of luck on DPF getting them.

just raise the edition size to 1000. I could care less if they are LE at all! That's not why I collect them! They are just adorable. Period. They are primarily what I'm collecting right now. It's hard enough for me to get them.... This only makes it harder for me and better for the resellers. :(

i found you! :)
im sorry we didnt know of each other before and it sucks most ptds for you came from ebay but im glad im able to help you now!

for those that read my reply at the bottom, i speak the truth when i say i never took advantage of people from out of cali. Ive helped nettiejeanne with about 3 or 4 ptds now since we got introduced a couple of weeks ago on a group page. we have traded and ive sold her one ptd for 16. not everyone that gets multiple ptds are after money. i do it to help other like nettie. and this new rule will prevent me from doing so, and thats the main reason i want the new rule GONE!

The reason their new rule makes no sense whatsoever is that they are still allowing 2 pins per person per style on their regular releases. Why limit the ptd pins that dont cause any of the chaos of a scheduled release and keep the same 2 pins/person for releases that people camp out for, police have been called out for etc... Its like ptds have gone so smoothly they want to screw it up.

The only reason I can fathom why they are doing what they are doing is the manager's bonuses. The month of May had to be a an all time record month for sales for them.. by a wide margin. But with huge sales come higher forecasts which mean it would be harder to get to the sales levels to trigger the manager bonuses. So in a way they are sandbagging it to keep their sales level and make it easier to hit their sales targets and get their bonuses. If they run out, they miss their goal and no bonus. While they love the increase in business, I think they just want to hit their sales bonuses and not make it impossible to hit in them the future due to the current success. There is no way that the Disney company would ever try and stall sales. I love DSF but they are truly a success in spite of themselves.

I don't like this idea. I am trying very hard to collect all the PTD's ( I have around 100 now...yay! ). I can't afford to buy several bags in hopes of getting the pin I want. It's like all those mystery boxes at DLR. You could buy 10 boxes and still not get the pin you want.

The blind bag idea... It actually has merit to me. They could do le300's, 5 designs at a time. all jumbled in a box, in black bags. To keep folks (including CM's) from feeling the bag for the right "shape" they could do the little cards inside like they did the mickey bags.

It's awesome to see people like you who are not greedy and are trying to help others. When I first started collecting these, it wasn't such a big deal. They weren't so popular. Now I am having to also resort to buying them on Ebay. It really erks me to see some of them listed at $45.00. Really? I understand making a little profit but that is just crazy. I'm glad you were able to help out Nettiejeanne. I wish I had run into you.....lol.

i found you! :)
im sorry we didnt know of each other before and it sucks most ptds for you came from ebay but im glad im able to help you now!

for those that read my reply at the bottom, i speak the truth when i say i never took advantage of people from out of cali. Ive helped nettiejeanne with about 3 or 4 ptds now since we got introduced a couple of weeks ago on a group page. we have traded and ive sold her one ptd for 16. not everyone that gets multiple ptds are after money. i do it to help other like nettie. and this new rule will prevent me from doing so, and thats the main reason i want the new rule GONE!

Everyone's ideas are great. But don't worry. I was told that even at 1 per person, people will find a way and that it won't slow down the changing of the PTDs at all...

Everyone's ideas are great. But don't worry. I was told that even at 1 per person, people will find a way and that it won't slow down the changing of the PTDs at all...

I would have to disagree with that simply because of how long Arthur is lasting. If it were two per person then he wouldn't have lasted this long because of the rarity of the character. He isn't fab five or a low end character in the pin world so I think the change will slow down ptds a little. Instead of seeing a character last hours we might see them last longer because of the new rule.
I just see this going down hill because now traders will bring tons of people in the event of a popular character/movie and the lines will start to form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back