• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DSF Surprise Brave Mother's Day and Jessica Calendar!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be needing a Rolly also, if you need LGM.

Got a trade worked out already. Sorry. Same time to tomorrow when the next one is released.

PM me. Ill be here all week. We can work out pins we missed.

There needs to be a new thread for only DSF PTD pins. I have this PTD. You have that PTD. As I posted earlier on this thread, maybe 10 PTD now before Iron Man?? Who knows days of and after.

2 ahead of me. 2 behind me. 5 in the store.

Got a trade worked out already. Sorry. Same time to tomorrow when the next one is released.

PM me. Ill be here all week. We can work out pins we missed.

There needs to be a new thread for only DSF PTD pins. I have this PTD. You have that PTD. As I posted earlier on this thread, maybe 10 PTD now before Iron Man?? Who knows days of and after.

2 ahead of me. 2 behind me. 5 in the store.

True, a PTD only exchanging program. You cover this one, I'll cover that one. When Ralph shows up all bets are off.

I guess the theory that everyone was snapping up PTDs to get to the previewed Kevin pin was incorrect. People are still snapping up PTDs like there is no tomorrow and there have been zero previews of this batch of PTDs. Simply popular and DSF is going to run out again, if this torrid pace keeps up.

I guess the theory that everyone was snapping up PTDs to get to the previewed Kevin pin was incorrect. People are still snapping up PTDs like there is no tomorrow and there have been zero previews of this batch of PTDs. Simply popular and DSF is going to run out again, if this torrid pace keeps up.

I'm guessing it's because people are excited that they are back? I want to know what PTD will be there on Saturday for the pin event? Will they still sell PTDs without ice cream? What if we want the ice cream? Do we have to wait until 11 am to get ice cream?

It's because there hasn't been one in a while and there were ~300 people at DSF today by 1:30pm. In 2.5 hours they sold out a limit 1 per person pin. If only half got in the PTD line and bought 2 LGM was bound to sell out. Also, people have been craving ice cream. We'll see how fast the next few go. We do have Iron Man Event, so whatever is available that day will surely sell out and possibly cycle another if the next is popular. Rolly might take a little longer now that there arent' any Brave pins and the Jessica May pin is either almost or already gone.

PTD's are getting popular. No question about that. They are pretty much guaranteed to be $20 plus. The sundae is $26 for 2 so you basically get a free pin, 2 free ice creams. Why wouldn't you want to do that? We'll see how much the old ones go up though. Some have stayed pretty stagnant. Some of the newer ones though I think are even lower trade and eBay value because so many go to resellers and not tourists and collectors like they used to. We'll have to do some analysis on the T/W of PTD's and the values going forward. See what's what.

37621363.jpg

It's because there hasn't been one in a while and there were ~300 people at DSF today by 1:30pm. In 2.5 hours they sold out a limit 1 per person pin. If only half got in the PTD line and bought 2 LGM was bound to sell out. Also, people have been craving ice cream. We'll see how fast the next few go. We do have Iron Man Event, so whatever is available that day will surely sell out and possibly cycle another if the next is popular. Rolly might take a little longer now that there arent' any Brave pins and the Jessica May pin is either almost or already gone.

PTD's are getting popular. No question about that. They are pretty much guaranteed to be $20 plus. The sundae is $26 for 2 so you basically get a free pin, 2 free ice creams. Why wouldn't you want to do that? We'll see how much the old ones go up though. Some have stayed pretty stagnant. Some of the newer ones though I think are even lower trade and eBay value because so many go to resellers and not tourists and collectors like they used to. We'll have to do some analysis on the T/W of PTD's and the values going forward. See what's what.

Today was certainly an anomaly in that a little green man was able to ride the coat tails of a Brave related release. I think we will slow down to the pace of a PTD lasting no more than three or four days though. The series is too popular and has too much resale and trade value to ever drop to the point where an LE 300 pin is going to sit for weeks on end.

I feel safe in predicting that PTDs will continue to sell at a torrid pace.

Guess those ice cream slingers are going to have to up their game, since there will likely be no breaks until the PTDs run out again. Time for the ghost of Henry Ford to make an appearance and show them how to run a more efficient ice cream assembly line.

If you live in CA it's easy to say that. If you look back through my post hx, I believe this only my second time to ask for a pin. Which I am willing to pay. I think it's different if you "beg" every release. Which I admit when I first came on. I probably did my fair share and then realized it was either one futile,or should only ask when it's really important to me. But if others feel differently. I am not going to judge them. That is more annoying to me.

Just curious, how is it annoying? Not trying to start any drama, but I legitimately am curious.

Those of us asking are not begging, at least, we are not meaning to be seen like that. We are making a simple request to see if anyone could perhaps get an extra pin, if they are already going, and sell or trade it to us. For those of us who live very, very far away from DSF, this is the only way we can add to our collections, you know? :eek:
Actually I wasn't talking about you heck I don't even acknowledge you here .I just see overall post from a lot of people EVERY release from dsf so please don't get mad at Nathan he didn't misread me because really You never registered with me....sorry. But as I was saying its every dsf thread that I see a barrage of post "Id love for anyone to get these for me" "can someone get these for me" and these are often the same people who whine about what we want for the pin unless they are at cost, even though they begging for us to go out of our way to reserve them for our extra set or our one per person pins YOU are the reason we ask so much because of you the releases are tougher because when we have to get pins cuz 30 dozen people will whine about the Socal-ers greed if they don't have their way youre hyping up the release and they don't know what a lot of Socal folks go through to get the dsf pins to have a fair place to complain about the price or request to get them at a certain cheapness. and honestly if you want to ask someone for the pins do it in the wanted section give what the person is asking on the pin or move along and realize you don't need it.
DSF "beggers" are probably one of the #1 issues in pins

^^^Tried to type that out well but Im tired and am busy with other things so it was rushed

With every release, there are people who ask in the thread for someone to please help them get the pin. DSUK, DLRP, DSF, WDW, WDI.... It doesn't matter where the pin is being released at, if its a decent pin, people reply asking for help. There is nothing wrong with that. It is a pin TRADE community. So people will trade, buy, and sell, to add to the collections.

It is an unfortunate fact for non socal people that right now many of the low LE variety character pins come from DSF/WDI. It does give us so cal folks a kind of unfair advantage in some ways. Supply and demand. Unless and until DS.com DSUK, DLRP, HKDL, JDS, and WDW start keeping up with DSF/WDI, we will have an advantage.

DLRP gets those wonderful PTN pins and great cast refreshers that trade like LE's.
DSUK get an Le release every 2 weeks.
WDW has the big september event, regular PTN's and 5 parks that release LE's on a semi regular basis.
And the folks who have been in pin trading since rocks were soft have DA pins for trading.

I see requests on EVERY thread about releases, for all the locations. Yeah, people say "please please pretty please" *or variations of it* but they are not begging. And the sales forum does well, people who ask to much in our sales forum dont get purchases.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Back to the topic~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Was anyone else disappointed with the quality of the brave today? I exchanged 1 and when I got home and inspected my 2 i found more flaws... both pins went to collections, but still.... paint dips in the boarder and bubble/blobs in the green glitter background? really?

Pin quality has definitely dropped noticeably in recent months. Some figure the lowest bidder pin manufacturer won out over the better quality one. This for all Disney pins of late and not just DSF. Although it has become the the most notable with DSF pins.

Yeah i noticed poor quality in the brave pin too mine has a sort of bubbleish bulge in the green glittery background. Which bummed me out because by the time i got through the insane PTD line they had just sold the last one so i couldn't exchange it. That's the way it goes i guess. Thought it was a nice design though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back