• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DSF Surprise Brave Mother's Day and Jessica Calendar!

Status
Not open for further replies.
DSF Surprise Brave Mother's Day and Jessica Calendar!
MODERATORS YOU TAUGHT ME A LESSON ABOUT NOT FEEDING INTO PEOPLE'S INSTIGATING. i see many of that on this thread Please review******

With every release, there are people who ask in the thread for someone to please help them get the pin. DSUK, DLRP, DSF, WDW, WDI.... It doesn't matter where the pin is being released at, if its a decent pin, people reply asking for help. There is nothing wrong with that. It is a pin TRADE community. So people will trade, buy, and sell, to add to the collections.

It is an unfortunate fact for non socal people that right now many of the low LE variety character pins come from DSF/WDI. It does give us so cal folks a kind of unfair advantage in some ways. Supply and demand. Unless and until DS.com DSUK, DLRP, HKDL, JDS, and WDW start keeping up with DSF/WDI, we will have an advantage.

DLRP gets those wonderful PTN pins and great cast refreshers that trade like LE's.
DSUK get an Le release every 2 weeks.
WDW has the big september event, regular PTN's and 5 parks that release LE's on a semi regular basis.
And the folks who have been in pin trading since rocks were soft have DA pins for trading.

I see requests on EVERY thread about releases, for all the locations. Yeah, people say "please please pretty please" *or variations of it* but they are not begging. And the sales forum does well, people who ask to much in our sales forum dont get purchases.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Back to the topic~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Was anyone else disappointed with the quality of the brave today? I exchanged 1 and when I got home and inspected my 2 i found more flaws... both pins went to collections, but still.... paint dips in the boarder and bubble/blobs in the green glitter background? really?

I'm on the fence about all the "help me help me" posts. I feel for the people that don't have access to pins like we do in SoCal. I also see the people that are like "I'll pay for both our pins" when the pin is worth like 10x it's retail price. Ok, let me just give a stranger $80 for free, or how about no. But then I see the tables flipped, when a UK or DLRP pin comes out everyone wants, the UK/DLRP people either already have a pinpal in the US that they are saving the pin for, or they just don't offer. Like it can't go both ways if the tables are turned. They have fewer releases, I get it, they have to pick and choose when to trade their pins because they may need a pin really bad next month they need pin ammunition for. I don't mind helping some folks, but I have only really established a pin pick-up with one other person on this board from WDW. She is very nice, she doesnt' complain about any pin I ask for. She doesn't ask for the hardest of the hard DSF/WDI pins so it is a casual friendly trading experience. But there is a "Wanted" section of this forum, many people should go there and post their pleads, not in the pin discussion thread. But if you have a lot of decent pins for trade and then you are asking for help to get a pin at cost, not gonna happen from me. Use your traders I say, post inthe trading section.

Actually I wasn't talking about you heck I don't even acknowledge you here .I just see overall post from a lot of people EVERY release from dsf so please don't get mad at Nathan he didn't misread me because really You never registered with me....sorry. But as I was saying its every dsf thread that I see a barrage of post "Id love for anyone to get these for me" "can someone get these for me" and these are often the same people who whine about what we want for the pin unless they are at cost, even though they begging for us to go out of our way to reserve them for our extra set or our one per person pins YOU are the reason we ask so much because of you the releases are tougher because when we have to get pins cuz 30 dozen people will whine about the Socal-ers greed if they don't have their way youre hyping up the release and they don't know what a lot of Socal folks go through to get the dsf pins to have a fair place to complain about the price or request to get them at a certain cheapness. and honestly if you want to ask someone for the pins do it in the wanted section give what the person is asking on the pin or move along and realize you don't need it.
DSF "beggers" are probably one of the #1 issues in pins

^^^Tried to type that out well but Im tired and am busy with other things so it was rushed

don't worry I was not offended and hope Nathan didn't feel I was picking on him. I mean, I partly agreed with what you were saying. lol It's all good. I did get my brave pin, didn't pay cost but didn't pay scalper price either and I m okay with that. I have no problem compensating someone for the time. I have seen enough of this releases to realize it's hell. I hope everyone stays safe at the Iron man release. I am so glad I dont' want any of those pins. Traders would be nice but hope that the people that want to keep them get them first. Luckily my 14 year old thinks pins are a waste of money. He thinks I am nuts. lol

Actually I wasn't talking about you heck I don't even acknowledge you here .I just see overall post from a lot of people EVERY release from dsf so please don't get mad at Nathan he didn't misread me because really You never registered with me....sorry. But as I was saying its every dsf thread that I see a barrage of post "Id love for anyone to get these for me" "can someone get these for me" and these are often the same people who whine about what we want for the pin unless they are at cost, even though they begging for us to go out of our way to reserve them for our extra set or our one per person pins YOU are the reason we ask so much because of you the releases are tougher because when we have to get pins cuz 30 dozen people will whine about the Socal-ers greed if they don't have their way youre hyping up the release and they don't know what a lot of Socal folks go through to get the dsf pins to have a fair place to complain about the price or request to get them at a certain cheapness. and honestly if you want to ask someone for the pins do it in the wanted section give what the person is asking on the pin or move along and realize you don't need it.
DSF "beggers" are probably one of the #1 issues in pins

^^^Tried to type that out well but Im tired and am busy with other things so it was rushed

I have to disagree with you on this. Without us expressing our interest in pins here, how would you guys know to go get it because it was highly desired (unless it was obvious, like Tangled or something)? For example, if no one responded to a pin release, would you all honestly go and drive to DSF to pick it up? Probably not, because it wouldn't make a good trader/good sale. In a way, I think we have some part in driving the market, and the value of the pins. I don't see how "beggars" are the #1 "problem" with DSF, when we are no where near the store...if you don't want to help us out or make a trade, you don't have to. No one is going to twist anyone's arm in to it, or think you're an awful person if you don't. When I ask for help, what I am saying is, "If you are going to get the PTD for yourself, and you are NOT interested in the Brave/Whatever pin, if you can find the time and we have a trade match/agree on a price, would you please place it on the counter with your PTD for me?". I don't think many of us are asking for someone to drop everything, hop in their car, and drive miles JUST for them, you know? At least, that isn't how I think of it. I don't think that makes me an awful person for trying to make a trade...I mean, it is pin TRADING after all! :rofl:

Sometimes I feel like those of us who don't live by the soda fountain are treated like leeches. If we try to ask for help, we get called beggars. If we try to pay for the pin, we can't ask for "at cost" because that is "wrong" (which I can see the point there). If we over-pay for the pin, we are told we are "driving up the market" or even "greedy". Sometimes I just don't know what to do. I don't want to offend anyone, by asking for the wrong price, or a trade. So what should we do? I'm just a little lost. :(

I hope that made sense...I'm just trying to have a conversation too, so if anything comes off in a negative way, please forgive me! I don't mean to offend anyone or start arguments. :)

For me, it's not annoying when people ask for pins. It's when they plead for pins in a thread like this. This thread is in Pin DISCUSSION because we are supposed to be DISCUSSING the pin and how the release is going. Updates on the line, how many are left, is the store crowded... Things like that. We are all guilty of getting too excited over a new pin, but a simple "oh I want one" or "I'll be needing one of these" will suffice. No need to be throwing around sad faces and pouts. There are separate forums for that... Sales, wanted, and trading :)

Also, for a particular release like this where it is one per person, of course people are gonna trade harder for it because they either only have one for trade, or they only have one and they need it for their collection. Just give it time and you'll get your pin eventually :)

Last edited:
For me, it's not annoying when people ask for pins. It's when they plead for pins in a thread like this. This thread is in Pin DISCUSSION because we are supposed to be DISCUSSING the pin and how the release is going. Updates on the line, how many are left, is the store crowded... Things like that. We are all guilty of getting too excited over a new pin, but a simple "oh I want one" or "I'll be needing one of these" will suffice. No need to be throwing around sad faces and pouts. There are separate forums for that... Sales, wanted, and trading :)

That makes a lot of sense! I suppose you are right, we just get excited!! Haha.

I have a suggestion then. In one of my doll forums, when a doll is released, there is a "release discussion" thread about the release itself, where people post questions they have about times, lines, edition sizes, etc. And then there is a "doll discussion" thread about that particular doll release, where people talk about the quality of the doll, ask questions/for help, etc. I am wondering if perhaps another subforum could be added? This might help ease frustrations/tensions. I know its a lot to do, and probably not possible, but I figured I would mention it! It works well on the doll forum so perhaps it could be implemented here?

Sometimes I feel like those of us who don't live by the soda fountain are treated like leeches. If we try to ask for help, we get called beggars. If we try to pay for the pin, we can't ask for "at cost" because that is "wrong" (which I can see the point there). If we over-pay for the pin, we are told we are "driving up the market" or even "greedy". Sometimes I just don't know what to do. I don't want to offend anyone, by asking for the wrong price, or a trade. So what should we do? I'm just a little lost. :(

So right... I feel bad for the folks who are not in socal. FYI: not all of us think you guys are beggars, leeches, greedy, or the reason prices spike. The only problem i see with telling everyone "if you want a pin post a wanted thread" is that then there would be 50 new wanted threads every release and they would all get lost in the shuffle of that forum. I see no problem with people posting a quick reply to a release thread saying "Want this, please keep me in mind for a trade."

Maybe a solution would be to make 1 wanted thread for a release, and everyone who is interested can reply to it. the OP could always add the names of those who want it to the OP. AND even mark it off as pretrades are set up? Do a title like: "Wanted; Window to the magic Cinderella, Primary thread." And anyone who wants it can go there to try and set up pretrades, purchases or to offer it to those who want it.

However, thats a topic all its own isn't it? This thread is totally off the topic now. lol

Also, for a particular release like this where it is one per person, of course people are gonna trade harder for it because they either only have one for trade, or they only have one and they need it for their collection. Just give it time and you'll get your pin eventually :)

Why not post it here? More visibility and it won't clutter up the wanted/sales forum with multiple posts.

Do you have to get the ice cream? (sorry - I'm new)

Today was certainly an anomaly in that a little green man was able to ride the coat tails of a Brave related release. I think we will slow down to the pace of a PTD lasting no more than three or four days though. The series is too popular and has too much resale and trade value to ever drop to the point where an LE 300 pin is going to sit for weeks on end.

I feel safe in predicting that PTDs will continue to sell at a torrid pace.

Guess those ice cream slingers are going to have to up their game, since there will likely be no breaks until the PTDs run out again. Time for the ghost of Henry Ford to make an appearance and show them how to run a more efficient ice cream assembly line.

Why not post it here? More visibility and it won't clutter up the wanted/sales forum with multiple posts.

Maybe for each big release their should be an pinharmony thread for possible trades/sales created. Then everyone who wants one could post and everyone who is selling or trading can post. Find your match at pinharmony....ha!

No, you don't have to get the ice cream. I go in and buy just the pins all the time...
It's not any cheaper, so you are basically just passing on free ice cream, but if I ate it every time I bought a PTD.... :anxious:

Find a homeless person to give it to? :)

You used to be able to buy the PTD pin straight from the front counter. Especially at a pin trading event when the food side of the house isn't open yet. DSF has changed their rules on PTD's now that they are popular. You used to be able to get a soda no problem. Now you can't substitute anything. You used to get a full cup with 2 layers of hot fudge. Now it's a couple of partial scoops and one smearing of hot fudge down the side of the cup. Just because something becomes popular, why do you have to break tradition? How hard is it to fill up a cup with some soda? It literally costs like $.10 for the cup and syrup. The ice cream is probably closer to $1 in cost and more with the labor and materials required.

yesterday i got the 2 full scoops, with choc fudge and marshmallow and the little mickey sprinkles no problem. :( i think they ran out of the marshmallow though because when i bought the rollie ptd, people were getting no marshmallow cream on any of the sundaes.

You used to get a full cup with 2 layers of hot fudge. Now it's a couple of partial scoops and one smearing of hot fudge down the side of the cup. Just because something becomes popular, why do you have to break tradition? How hard is it to fill up a cup with some soda? It literally costs like $.10 for the cup and syrup. The ice cream is probably closer to $1 in cost and more with the labor and materials required.

This. I noticed that the quality of PTDs has been a little crummy lately. They forgot to put sprinkles and marshmallow cream on my PTD when I bought Kevin. Lame!

That's dumb you can't get the soda anymore. Can you at least still pick the flavors of ice cream you want? I can understand making a PTD line at the take out window when there is huge demand, but hopefully they still allow people to order them at the tables when it isn't busy. My friends and I used to stop in and have a PTD every time we were on our way to Universal Studios.

Yesterday I went to DSF for the first time since DSF became so huge. The employees seem so miserable working there.

Yesterday I went to DSF for the first time since DSF became so huge. The employees seem so miserable working there.

I'm new to all of this and have yet to go to DSF but it seems very chaotic. I almost went yesterday as I could have easily made it down there when the pins were first announced without a problem. It almost seemed (at least from the boards) much more relaxed throughout the day as opposed to wrist bands, overnight lines, etc. That being said...the people working there must some really bad days.

If they can package it to go I would totally do it. Of course, if we all started doing that once word spread there'd be an equally long line of random people and children looking for free ice cream.

They can package it to go! Sis & I each had one after Monster's Inc. 3D and my friends who came with us didn't want to sit down for ice cream. So, we got it to go. They put it in a disposable clear glass/cup and put a lid on top.

If they can package it to go I would totally do it. Of course, if we all started doing that once word spread there'd be an equally long line of random people and children looking for free ice cream.

99% of yesterdays PTD's were made in plastic to go cups. I only saw maybe 1 or 2 in the dine-in glass cup. Most get them in plastic cups. It also used to be you could sit down and eat it but apparently now we're all just cattle herding into the feeding trough. Can't order them and sit down. You can eat it out of your plastic cup if there is a place to sit. But if it's lunch time and the restaraunte has tourists eating, they even tell us we can't stay inside.

Here's a typical PTD from yesterday. Half full.

View attachment 12544

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back