• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Fantasy pins

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like those pins but I refrain from trying to get them because I cannot see Disney NOT making them into legit pins soon. I mean, Disney has been slowly releasing more Kingdom Hearts merchandise. It all started with them giving Hot Topics the right to make KH clothing (and where the first KH Disney pins came around) and then 2 years ago they released their first KH pin in the parks (which was LE500) and last year they released yet ANOTHER KH pin in the parks (Mickey in Org. outfit) with is OE. Whenever I go down to either park I make it my job to ask nearly as many CM's as I can about KH products in the parks and this is how it went down:

- When KH1 first came out, Disney had the Mirage Kingdom Hearts figures for sale in Downtown Disney and from what I heard, they sold horrible. This caused Disney to largely give up on KH as a viable source of income.
- Years down the road, Disney is slowly accepting the idea of KH more, hence the very slow stream of KH merchandise
- If it continues to sell well (which is has thus far) we might get a chance at seeing many more KH pins down the road (nothing too much, but maybe 2 per year as opposed to the one they seem to be doing).

If Disney does start making KH pins, you can bet your souls that these princess platforms from the Station of Awakening are going to be some of the first pins they make I think. Not only are they absolutely stunning, but they relate to Disney's biggest source of income: princesses. I can see them releasing a very limited set of the 4 princess (Snow White, Cinderella, Aurora, Belle) as a set of 4, maybe LE200 or less on DisneyShopping.com and you bet that when they do...EVERYONE ON DPF!!! FIND ME AND TELL ME IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!!! I MEAN IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!!!
:) This is great stuff to know. I was SO thrilled when I went to WDW last year and I was able to buy not one but two Kingdom Hearts keyrings! I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw them! It's such a massive shame that there isn't more KH merch.

:) This is great stuff to know. I was SO thrilled when I went to WDW last year and I was able to buy not one but two Kingdom Hearts keyrings! I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw them! It's such a massive shame that there isn't more KH merch.

I completely agree hence why I've talked to Disney reps and Square Enix reps about it and it seems like it has to do with Disney's end, not SE's. SE (Square Enix) already makes a plentiful amount of KH products that are of extremely high-quality (most of my collection consists of their products) and it seems to be because Disney chooses what they allow into their parks. I'm really hoping for another KH pin this year to continue the tradition, I usually consider that if something happens once, it is by chance, twice, a coincidence, three time a pattern :)

Oooh I love your Mermaid bootleg pin, Ive never seen that before! I have quite a collection of Stitch fantasy and bootleg pins, just love em!

I completely agree hence why I've talked to Disney reps and Square Enix reps about it and it seems like it has to do with Disney's end, not SE's. SE (Square Enix) already makes a plentiful amount of KH products that are of extremely high-quality (most of my collection consists of their products) and it seems to be because Disney chooses what they allow into their parks. I'm really hoping for another KH pin this year to continue the tradition, I usually consider that if something happens once, it is by chance, twice, a coincidence, three time a pattern :)
I always assumed that the biggest hurdle for Disney would be character ownership. Of course they own all of their own characters, but I would've assumed that Square-Enix owned all of the original characters, as Sora/Riku/Kaira/etc were designed by Tetsuya Nomura. I've looked it up though, and it seems to be a very grey area. :confused: Some people say Disney own all things to do with KH, and some say that Square-Enix do indeed own their own characters.

Either way, it shouldn't stop them from making more stuff! Like you say, there's plenty of beautiful KH products out there. I have mainly Play Arts, the mangas, and some Hot Topic stuff. I would buy literally any KH stuff that Disney would wish to sell me though!

I always assumed that the biggest hurdle for Disney would be character ownership. Of course they own all of their own characters, but I would've assumed that Square-Enix owned all of the original characters, as Sora/Riku/Kaira/etc were designed by Tetsuya Nomura. I've looked it up though, and it seems to be a very grey area. :confused: Some people say Disney own all things to do with KH, and some say that Square-Enix do indeed own their own characters.

Either way, it shouldn't stop them from making more stuff! Like you say, there's plenty of beautiful KH products out there. I have mainly Play Arts, the mangas, and some Hot Topic stuff. I would buy literally any KH stuff that Disney would wish to sell me though!

The way it works between the 2 of them is that anything that is new to KH (all the original KH cast) are shared by both SE and Disney. All the Final Fantasy characters are solely by SE and all the Disney characters are solely Disney. Now that means that Disney can use Sora, Riku, Kairi, the Organization, Xehanort, Terra, Ventus, Aqua, etc. on their merchandise (like they made that pin of Sora, Donald, and Goofy with Sora sitting in the chair). So I do hope they do more stuff like that. Now that my KH collection is growing kind of big, I'm starting to prioritize things and I realize I can't own every piece of KH merchandise out there (there is just too much), so I generally stick with the high-quality things (pretty much anything made by SE and then the pins and nice collector's pieces and figures by Disney).

My personal favorite game is Birth by Sleep and my favorite KH character is Aqua so I'd love to see more merchandise from that game (a pin would be over the top hysteria for me lol). So far the only pieces of merchandise for that game are 3 avatar mascot keychains of Terra, Ventus, and Aqua released by SE in Japan...IDK why there hasn't been more :(

The way it works between the 2 of them is that anything that is new to KH (all the original KH cast) are shared by both SE and Disney. All the Final Fantasy characters are solely by SE and all the Disney characters are solely Disney. Now that means that Disney can use Sora, Riku, Kairi, the Organization, Xehanort, Terra, Ventus, Aqua, etc. on their merchandise (like they made that pin of Sora, Donald, and Goofy with Sora sitting in the chair). So I do hope they do more stuff like that. Now that my KH collection is growing kind of big, I'm starting to prioritize things and I realize I can't own every piece of KH merchandise out there (there is just too much), so I generally stick with the high-quality things (pretty much anything made by SE and then the pins and nice collector's pieces and figures by Disney).

My personal favorite game is Birth by Sleep and my favorite KH character is Aqua so I'd love to see more merchandise from that game (a pin would be over the top hysteria for me lol). So far the only pieces of merchandise for that game are 3 avatar mascot keychains of Terra, Ventus, and Aqua released by SE in Japan...IDK why there hasn't been more :(
:D How very fair of them! That's really awesome. However, that does make it even more frustrating that Disney aren't capitalising on it! @_@ DISNEY, DO YOU WANT OUR MONEY OR NOT?! My favourite is probably KH2, but my favourite character is Ansem, from the first game. :anxious: You don't even wanna know what I would do for a pin featuring Ansem, or my fave Organization members.

LOL, back on topic. We wouldn't need KH fantasy pins if Disney would just make official KH pins for us!

:D How very fair of them! That's really awesome. However, that does make it even more frustrating that Disney aren't capitalising on it! @_@ DISNEY, DO YOU WANT OUR MONEY OR NOT?! My favourite is probably KH2, but my favourite character is Ansem, from the first game. :anxious: You don't even wanna know what I would do for a pin featuring Ansem, or my fave Organization members.

LOL, back on topic. We wouldn't need KH fantasy pins if Disney would just make official KH pins for us!

Remember, when Disney first tried to capitalize on Kingdom Hearts nearly 10 years ago it didn't work out too perfectly for them. Now that Disney is more okay with KH, they are making more stuff thankfully :D and yes, I want more official KH pins too lol

oh Disney has about 90% of KH merchandise in Japan my god the stuff i buy is sooo cool lol they have pins too

Actually from what I research (which is a lot lol), Disney makes less KH merchandise in Japan than SE. In terms of official merchandise, I know the TOMY Magical Collections figures are released in Japan by Disney but that's about it :( In terms of official Disney pins (like those traded on this site), the ones listed on Pinpics are the only official ones out. Except there is this mysterious pin:

pin69321

Which I can't find anything about. I doesn't look as quality as the other official merchandise, but it is kind of nice, it was on Ebay a few years ago but was never interested in it considering it's more of a brooch than a pin ^_^

Remember, when Disney first tried to capitalize on Kingdom Hearts nearly 10 years ago it didn't work out too perfectly for them. Now that Disney is more okay with KH, they are making more stuff thankfully :D and yes, I want more official KH pins too lol

Actually from what I research (which is a lot lol), Disney makes less KH merchandise in Japan than SE. In terms of official merchandise, I know the TOMY Magical Collections figures are released in Japan by Disney but that's about it :( In terms of official Disney pins (like those traded on this site), the ones listed on Pinpics are the only official ones out. Except there is this mysterious pin:

pin69321

Which I can't find anything about. I doesn't look as quality as the other official merchandise, but it is kind of nice, it was on Ebay a few years ago but was never interested in it considering it's more of a brooch than a pin ^_^

There are cut out pins of all the characters I saw them at ax but I had no money or they would be mine

There are cut out pins of all the characters I saw them at ax but I had no money or they would be mine

ax? Is that an anime convention? If so, those pins were not officially licensed but they were probably still beautiful nonetheless ^_^ At anime conventions a lot of EXTREMELY talented people make these arts and crafts single-handedly and its almost sad because I've seen pins and buttons at these conventions that have better quality than some of the Disney pins because they are THAT nice! :)

ax? Is that an anime convention? If so, those pins were not officially licensed but they were probably still beautiful nonetheless ^_^ At anime conventions a lot of EXTREMELY talented people make these arts and crafts single-handedly and its almost sad because I've seen pins and buttons at these conventions that have better quality than some of the Disney pins because they are THAT nice! :)

ye it is Anime Expo the pins where real pins with enamel, and came on a Disney/Square Card they had the hologram too that why i wanted em all, i saw 6 different pins Riku Child, Sora Child, Kairi Child, Heartless, Solder Heartless, and Logo they looked good and where made of black metal

ye it is Anime Expo the pins where real pins with enamel, and came on a Disney/Square Card they had the hologram too that why i wanted em all, i saw 6 different pins Riku Child, Sora Child, Kairi Child, Heartless, Solder Heartless, and Logo they looked good and where made of black metal

GASP! I know those ^_^ I have the Child Sora, Riku, and Kairi, but not the heartless ones :) Those pins are sadly not officially licensed by SE or Disney, I have the 3 kids and I have talked to numerous people who have them and nobody has any ties to originally buying them from Disney or SE. They were made by a random 3rd party distributor in Japan that makes high quality products named Nippon. They don't have the licensing from Disney to make them though so any hologram on the back is actually problematic because that would make them illegal :anxious:

Trust me, as a person who avidly collects Kingdom Hearts merchandise for nearly half a decade now, those pins are not official BUT they are some of the few pieces of unofficial merchandise that were just SO nice, I had to get them ;) (also because I doubt Disney or SE will ever make pins of their kid forms...)

GASP! I know those ^_^ I have the Child Sora, Riku, and Kairi, but not the heartless ones :) Those pins are sadly not officially licensed by SE or Disney, I have the 3 kids and I have talked to numerous people who have them and nobody has any ties to originally buying them from Disney or SE. They were made by a random 3rd party distributor in Japan that makes high quality products named Nippon. They don't have the licensing from Disney to make them though so any hologram on the back is actually problematic because that would make them illegal :anxious:

Trust me, as a person who avidly collects Kingdom Hearts merchandise for nearly half a decade now, those pins are not official BUT they are some of the few pieces of unofficial merchandise that were just SO nice, I had to get them ;) (also because I doubt Disney or SE will ever make pins of their kid forms...)

humm i wonder what i saw than lol i have a few KH stuff left but i used to have more including Keyblades that my dad made me

this is all i have left, i will slowly buy back more and more

20130325_203109_zps4ef8d267.jpg

i pre order the new Ariel one that comes out in june :) sooooo exited

humm i wonder what i saw than lol i have a few KH stuff left but i used to have more including Keyblades that my dad made me

Your dad made you keyblades???

tumblr_m62k2wGeXf1qfyifuo1_500.gif

I only one have life-size keyblade which is the Kingdom Key (I don't think I have a photo posted of it though in my Kingdom Hearts Collection thread) and as nice as it is, the Kingdom Key is nostalgic and boring imo lol there are so many cooler keyblades out there that I like better haha that sounds really cool that you had a bunch ^_^

EDIT: And yes, the new set of Formation Arts figures coming out this year (with Ariel in it) is my favorite set out of the 5 sets so far. I have the whole set preordered but I obviously have to add that to my collection, can't have the other 4 sets and be missing the best one?!?!?! The Atlantica one might just be my favorite Formation Arts figure of all 33 of them so far ;)

Last edited:
this is not me he just liked my keyblade so i took a pic this was in 06

haha that's a nice keyblade, mine is made out of metal so it's heavy, bulky, hard to carry, hurts when it hits someone, and isn't easy to swing around lol not the ideal cosplaying weapon of choice likes your's is...or was haha

When I attended the DDD launch party at Nintendo World, they had a keyblade that was made of a sturdy foam that was so light and really nice to take photos with o_O If you look up the event on google you'll see a variety of photos that people took with the keyblade. I haven't posted a photo of me on DPF lol but I'll just say my photo(s) are somewhere among the 100's ;)

Next time I see the marketing manager for Kingdom Hearts in the US (we've met so many times at events we nearly know each other by name now haha) I'll ask him who I should talk to about these amazing pins!!! I WANT THEM TO HAPPEN!!! NOW!

Last edited:
Just saw that there is going to a Kingdom Hearts pannel as part of the D23 Expo in Tokyo this year. Man, what if there is a bunch of new awesome Kingdom Hearts pins that are exclusive to the D23 Expo in Japan...

Just saw that there is going to a Kingdom Hearts pannel as part of the D23 Expo in Tokyo this year. Man, what if there is a bunch of new awesome Kingdom Hearts pins that are exclusive to the D23 Expo in Japan...

I KNOW!!!! I was actually JUST going to ask this in the D23 section and I still plan to, what do you guys think is the likelihood there will be something at D23 this year for Kingdom Hearts in the US? While if there is it will no doubt be MUCH smaller than something in Japan, I really want to know. If they release pins or any exclusive merchandise there, I am going to keel over and stay on the ground next to me for the next 2.73 hours while I soak in the fact haha xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back