• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

forced to collect

Status
Not open for further replies.
forced to collect

toomanypins

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hi everyone. My name is Mel and I have a bunch of pins that my dad has gotten me over the years as he is a CM at WDW. I like the pins but not really into the whole collecting, trading thing. I was sort of forced into it because of him. I have probably over 200 pins and thinking that some might be worth something but I have no idea. I am hoping that this forum can help. I am not looking to trade but I am willing to sell all or most. I was given the advice to take a picture of all the pins I have and post. so I will try and get that picture done soon. I have limited editions, first release, hidden mickey, cast member, Disney auction....I am thinking that some of them are worth something to the right person. Thanks for your help in advance. Mel

Hi there and welcome to the humble forum. Its great that you want to share with us here and can't wait to see your pins. By chance whay role does your father have at WDW, I'd laugh if I've met him when I was there during my college program...

I'd be interested to see what you have as well, but... Are you sure you want to sell these pins?

I don't know what all is in your collection, but it seems like it might carry quite a bit of sentimental value!

Welcome to the forum.. like everyone else... look forward to see what you have.. hope you decide to stick around though... trafing can be lots of fun.

Hi Mel, I have to agree with sora. Are you sure you really want to sale them considering your dad got them for you? They could be considered a keep sake later in life when you don't have your father anymore. Just a thought. If you still want to sell them though then I would be interested also.
Welcome to the forum!!

Welcome, and I'd be interested to see what you have too. I'm sure you can make a lot of collectors happy with what you have!

Hi and welcome! I would post pictures of the pins here to get help getting them valued if you decide to sell. But with that senitmental value I would think about saving them. Dont know how old you are but maybe think of passing them on to your kids telling them about grandpa working at wdw. :)

Thanks you for the welcome! I appreciate the comments about sentimental value but I really don't have any sentimental attachment to the pins. I have other items that I have gotten on the years from my dad that I will keep. I have tried to post a couple forum posts in the other folders but apparently I need to have a moderator approve my posts before they go live. I have posted my pins up on Photobucket though. Any help would be appreciated... Thanks in advance.

My turn to chime in with a warm welcome to you Mel and I too am very interested in seeing your pins!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back