• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Frozen Disney Store Merchandise, What are you looking forward to? (Contains Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frozen Disney Store Merchandise, What are you looking forward to? (Contains Spoilers)
Anyone else get an email from my play direct stating that their order cannot be fulfilled because of the lack of signed posters?

^^^Seriously? This just doesn't stop...

All the hype hasn't changed the way I feel about the movie, but it has turned me off of collecting the merch. It's so stupid, I know, but I don't even care for the LE dolls in my collection anymore. People's behavior toward the dolls (LE and OE) is so gross. I can't wait for this to die down so we can go back to collecting like normal Disney fans.

Anyone else get an email from my play direct stating that their order cannot be fulfilled because of the lack of signed posters?

Wow seriously? I thought they sorted this out for you. Also how could they not have enough signed posters? This site is just sounding more and more dodgy. I am still waiting for them to charge my card for my purchase but nothing yet and we are 11 days into the month and there is still no confirmed release date.

Yeah they are saying it is "no mistake". I just basically chewed them out for making me jump through ten hoops to get my order "fixed" only to tell me now I am not getting it. I told them there is no excuse for not having enough posters, and that they should have known they oversold them the minute the sale was up, and sent cancellation emails then instead of now. I am livid. I am going to go edit my Trust Pilot review once again.

Literally in tears over this. This has been the most stressful purchase of my life. I am so so upset that I am not getting this signed poster. It meant a lot to me.

I would ignore them no one is too old to buy it. I rather have us collectors buy it then the stupid scalpers

And bucketload? they don't put a limit? on each item. I know stores in California you're only able to buy 2 and 2 only (which is a good thing)

Oh I know, I didn't let them get to me. They didn't have the dolls I originally wanted in stock but I was able to get the mini set of dolls and some figurines for my nieces- so it all worked out \o/

they ru had said two per person for us in our store as well but it looked like she had more than two items of each merch- I think her kids counted toward her limit.

Unfortunately, I think due to the high demand of the Frozen merch and the fact that so many scalpers constantly buy up the merch, I don't see the hype calming down anytime soon. There will need to be a new Disney film released to take away the attention of Frozen. I'm thankful that I bought all the merch I wanted, before the movie came out. I've learned that especially with Disney stuff to buy now and think about it later. However, I'm still hunting for baby Sven and toddler Kristoff. I'm not worried too much about finding them, I'm patient and I will eventually find them;)

Yeah they are saying it is "no mistake". I just basically chewed them out for making me jump through ten hoops to get my order "fixed" only to tell me now I am not getting it. I told them there is no excuse for not having enough posters, and that they should have known they oversold them the minute the sale was up, and sent cancellation emails then instead of now. I am livid. I am going to go edit my Trust Pilot review once again.

Literally in tears over this. This has been the most stressful purchase of my life. I am so so upset that I am not getting this signed poster. It meant a lot to me.

So does that mean that even your original order prior to the whole card issue would have been cancelled anyway due to the insufficient posters? I thought you preordered though? Or did you buy it during the first day of the week when the were releasing a different signed poster each day? I know that for those that preordered before the week they did the sale with the posters, those people were given the choice of which poster they wanted, so maybe they got priority over those that just ordered that week?

That is rather silly though, how could they oversell and then not get back to you until over a month later? That is just poor organisation.

I forgot to add that I totally agree with people losing interest in merch, due to it being so hard to obtain. I used to really be into the Monster High dolls but I became so tired of not being able to find most of the ones I was looking for and I eventually started to no longer care. I don't have the time, energy or space, to constantly be looking for stuff to buy. And in the end, most times I would eventually find the doll I was looking for months and months later and at that point it was a pleasant surprise;)

Well the whole thing was kind of a disaster. I ordered on Monday before they added the additional option to buy with the poster, so I cancelled that one and got my order in first on Friday. But then my card was compromised so I had to have that one "cancelled". However all that really happened was they transferred my order to a new one. My assumption is that due to this confusion they are still marking my original order as one "with a poster", but there is no one to ship it to. And it is one of the 50 so my transferred order is the "over sold" number 51. That is what I hope happened so that it may be remedied. I just wanted to make sure this wasn't happening to anyone else.

Oh no! I am so sorry! They are just NOW realizing they oversold the posters? Seriously?! Ugh. If your original order was cancelled and they transferred your order over to your new card -- that poster should still be available. It seems as if the system should have been keeping track of how many posters were available.

And I know they sent emails to people who had ordered the album earlier to offer them the posters but that doesn't mean they should take posters away from people who had a confirmed order the week of the promotion just to give then to those who ordered before. If that were the case, then no one who ordered during the promotion week would have gotten a poster because they would have all been taken by those who ordered the album previously. Whoever got the order for the poster through first should get it, regardless.

I'm still dreading something like this will happen to my order as I ordered mine literally a minute before they sold out that day. My credit card hasn't been charged either.

I am so sorry ElysionsPrincess! This is horrible. Such rotten organization and bad customer service cause a lot of stress and heartache for people and they don't even care. This kind of thing makes me so angry because it is so unnecessary. And then to get your hopes up thinking you were getting the poster only to tell you now that you're not?!! Arrgh!:mad:

Last edited:
The only replies I am receiving back now are "we are sorry for the inconvenience". Screw that. Good thing I have this guys phone number from when he called me the first time. Someone is getting a not so friendly phone call in the morning.

The only replies I am receiving back now are "we are sorry for the inconvenience". Screw that. Good thing I have this guys phone number from when he called me the first time. Someone is getting a not so friendly phone call in the morning.

I was wondering how you managed to get a phone number! I've heard how difficult it is to get in touch with them. Good luck!

jupary2u.jpg

My baby Sven arrived today :)

Oh no! I am so sorry! They are just NOW realizing they oversold the posters? Seriously?! Ugh. If your original order was cancelled and they transferred your order over to your new card -- that poster should still be available. It seems as if the system should have been keeping track of how many posters were available.

And I know they sent emails to people who had ordered the album earlier to offer them the posters but that doesn't mean they should take posters away from people who had a confirmed order the week of the promotion just to give then to those who ordered before. If that were the case, then no one who ordered during the promotion week would have gotten a poster because they would have all been taken by those who ordered the album previously. Whoever got the order for the poster through first should get it, regardless.

I'm still dreading something like this will happen to my order as I ordered mine literally a minute before they sold out that day. My credit card hasn't been charged either.

I am so sorry ElysionsPrincess! This is horrible. Such rotten organization and bad customer service cause a lot of stress and heartache for people and they don't even care. This kind of thing makes me so angry because it is so unnecessary. And then to get your hopes up thinking you were getting the poster only to tell you now that you're not?!! Arrgh!:mad:

they actually offered the posters to people who already ordered the vinyl before they went on sale. I got my email on Monday morning the first day that they went on sale so it was fair how they dealt with the situation. Especially since those that actually did preorder the item earlier would have been disadvantaged for ordering early. By doing this they rewarded those that ordered earlier as opposed to just rewarding those that are jumping on the bandwagon to get the poster which I guess was a marketing ploy by them to increase sales for the item since it didn't seem like it was selling well.

What I do not agree with is the fact that they took so long to get back to people telling them of the oversell. Why did it take them over a month to figure out that they sold more than they had available.

After my issue with my card I tried placing another order on the Friday and was able to get it a minute after 9am so I am hoping that it will not be cancelled. How long after the release did you put your order through? As I have not received anything yet stating that my order will not be fulfilled. Just wondering if you original order itself would have been cancelled anyway or if it is just an error in their system.

Either way good luck. I am hoping my orders will eventually go through soon. Does anyone know if these are being processed at the moment? Just unsure of my card has been charged or not? My card has been charged but I am not sure of it is for this record or not.

Are they gonna restock Anna and Kristoff Animator dolls online? Either UK or US.. I read they're not and now I'm really scared D:

I just watched Frozen with mum (her first time seeing) and as I have the LE Anna she asked if there's child version of them as dolls. So I told her there is! She loved how cute they are and we really want them now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are they gonna restock Anna and Kristoff Animator dolls online? Either UK or US.. I read they're not and now I'm really scared D:

I just watched Frozen with mum (her first time seeing) and as I have the LE Anna she asked if there's child version of them as dolls. So I told her there is! She loved how cute they are and we really want them now!

I would say yes they will be as animator dolls are open edition items so they will just produce more if they sell out.

Also when I was at the Disney store in one square a week ago they had all these animator Kristoff dolls and then the next day when I went back they changed the display. I don't think all those Kristoff dolls sold out I think they just weren't selling so they out them out in storage so I definitely think we will be seeing more of the animators especially when the hype for the movie dies down and Disney is able to stock up the stores again with pith their frozen merchandise selling out within the first few hours.

^ thank you Polaris! I was freaking out for a second!

I think they're really adorable! But I thought mum would think I've gone mad with all these dolls.. So I didn't buy Animator Kristoff when he was in stock! But she really liked them instead, I'm glad haha!

they actually offered the posters to people who already ordered the vinyl before they went on sale. I got my email on Monday morning the first day that they went on sale so it was fair how they dealt with the situation. Especially since those that actually did preorder the item earlier would have been disadvantaged for ordering early. By doing this they rewarded those that ordered earlier as opposed to just rewarding those that are jumping on the bandwagon to get the poster which I guess was a marketing ploy by them to increase sales for the item since it didn't seem like it was selling well.

What I do not agree with is the fact that they took so long to get back to people telling them of the oversell. Why did it take them over a month to figure out that they sold more than they had available.

After my issue with my card I tried placing another order on the Friday and was able to get it a minute after 9am so I am hoping that it will not be cancelled. How long after the release did you put your order through? As I have not received anything yet stating that my order will not be fulfilled. Just wondering if you original order itself would have been cancelled anyway or if it is just an error in their system.

Either way good luck. I am hoping my orders will eventually go through soon. Does anyone know if these are being processed at the moment? Just unsure of my card has been charged or not? My card has been charged but I am not sure of it is for this record or not.

I totally agree that it was fair to offer the poster to people who'd placed an order previously. I guess what I am trying to get at -- if someone ordered the album/poster deal on say Monday or Tuesday for the first time and got a confirmation for their order, and then someone who placed an earlier order waited until Wednesday to say they'd take a poster-- well, the poster shouldn't be taken away from the person who ordered Mon/Tues to give to the other person who waited until Wed to respond, regardless of whether they ordered the album earlier. (If that makes any sense!) :) I thought that's what you meant when you said that those who ordered earlier got priority over the posters. Sorry if I misunderstood.

If the emails were sent out on that Monday morning then whoever ordered the albums previously would have had a chance to get their poster orders in before they went on sale to everyone else. The system should have kept track of all the orders, so it seems a poor excuse to say they over sold them. Even if that did happen, it is pretty late in the game to be informing people, if you ask me.

Polaris, when was your card charged? You said you weren't sure if it was for the record or not --is the charge from MyPlay direct or Disney?

F.Y.I. I just bought some really pretty Frozen paintings off Etsy. To tie me over until they restock my most wanted items on Disney.com. Some of the art on the really left me speechless. Glad to hear there is a chance of restock on the animator dolls. So sad I missed the sneaky singing Elsa restock on Tuesday. I swear I have had better luck with L.E. Dolls, than trying to complete my daughters Frozen collection. ~Oh well guess it comes with part of being a collector. Have a great weekend Disney folks. Aloha:stitch:

I totally agree that it was fair to offer the poster to people who'd placed an order previously. I guess what I am trying to get at -- if someone ordered the album/poster deal on say Monday or Tuesday for the first time and got a confirmation for their order, and then someone who placed an earlier order waited until Wednesday to say they'd take a poster-- well, the poster shouldn't be taken away from the person who ordered Mon/Tues to give to the other person who waited until Wed to respond, regardless of whether they ordered the album earlier. (If that makes any sense!) :) I thought that's what you meant when you said that those who ordered earlier got priority over the posters. Sorry if I misunderstood.

If the emails were sent out on that Monday morning then whoever ordered the albums previously would have had a chance to get their poster orders in before they went on sale to everyone else. The system should have kept track of all the orders, so it seems a poor excuse to say they over sold them. Even if that did happen, it is pretty late in the game to be informing people, if you ask me.

Polaris, when was your card charged? You said you weren't sure if it was for the record or not --is the charge from MyPlay direct or Disney?

The emails were sent out Monday morning it then brought you to a site asking you which one you wanted. If you were to not reply until say Wednesday then your options would have been limited to those that were still available. They would not have canceled another persons order just so that the other could get it. What I meant by those that already having order having first preference was that we were given the choice to choose which one we wanted from all the posters being released. If you responded later then you would have fewer to chose from don't forget the songwriters actually had two releases on Monday and on Friday so my guess is that they oversold on Friday due to a miscount of the sales made on Monday and those that purchased earlier and chose the songwriter poster. So it made sense the way they did it. Hence why I was wondering what time Elysionsprincess ordered her vinyl as there is a possibility that iherboriginal order was already part of the stock that was oversold. I have a feeling that it is a glitch that is a result of her order being processed again due to the change of card details.

Here in Australia our card statements do not update straight away online. So all I can see if that there has been an amount charged to my credit card due to my available balance decreasing but I cannot see what the transaction relates to and will not be able to see that until Monday when the transactions catch up to the charges. I was just wondering if it might be myplaydirect because if they are emailing people about their excess orders and issues with fulfilling them then I would have thought that they might be processing orders soon.

The emails were sent out Monday morning it then brought you to a site asking you which one you wanted. If you were to not reply until say Wednesday then your options would have been limited to those that were still available. They would not have canceled another persons order just so that the other could get it. What I meant by those that already having order having first preference was that we were given the choice to choose which one we wanted from all the posters being released. If you responded later then you would have fewer to chose from don't forget the songwriters actually had two releases on Monday and on Friday so my guess is that they oversold on Friday due to a miscount of the sales made on Monday and those that purchased earlier and chose the songwriter poster. So it made sense the way they did it. Hence why I was wondering what time Elysionsprincess ordered her vinyl as there is a possibility that iherboriginal order was already part of the stock that was oversold. I have a feeling that it is a glitch that is a result of her order being processed again due to the change of card details.

Here in Australia our card statements do not update straight away online. So all I can see if that there has been an amount charged to my credit card due to my available balance decreasing but I cannot see what the transaction relates to and will not be able to see that until Monday when the transactions catch up to the charges. I was just wondering if it might be myplaydirect because if they are emailing people about their excess orders and issues with fulfilling them then I would have thought that they might be processing orders soon.

I just checked my order status and it still says 'available ship date unknown.' I definitely haven't been charged yet. But I think you're right, if they have started contacting people about excess orders and such that's a sign they've started getting ready to process orders. That means there shouldn't be a delay in getting the album out, which is somewhat good news. Maybe we'll get an update sometime next week.

Last edited:

Oh No!!!
Are they serious??
I hope you get this issue sorted out. I think it's absolutely shameful for a company to be this disorganized!
Good Luck!

I've long decided that once I get this vinyl soundtrack in my hands, I will be giving up on everything Frozen. This will be the last thing that I actually buy.
It's become way too stressful. :/

F.Y.I. I just bought some really pretty Frozen paintings off Etsy. To tie me over until they restock my most wanted items on Disney.com. Some of the art on the really left me speechless. Glad to hear there is a chance of restock on the animator dolls. So sad I missed the sneaky singing Elsa restock on Tuesday. I swear I have had better luck with L.E. Dolls, than trying to complete my daughters Frozen collection. ~Oh well guess it comes with part of being a collector. Have a great weekend Disney folks. Aloha:stitch:

Do you have any pictures of the artwork that you bought? I do like collecting Disney art. I just bought this one recently which i absolutely love, I cannot wait to get it as I think it looks amazing.

http://www.acmearchivesdirect.com/product/WDFRZ04/Elsa's-Transformation.html?cid=

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back