• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Fundraiser donations updated pics...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fundraiser donations updated pics...

Goofy_Moe

Well-Known DPF Member
Rating - 100%
290   0   0
There are times in life when you just cannot do things alone…

When people band together to help you out even before you think to ask…

Our Beloved Disney Pin Forum and it’s owners and administrators Jon (Bricklayer) and Bryan (Cicada) and the rest of their team have an enormous challenge in trying to keep an amazing site that is growing in popularity running at a level acceptable to all who visit and enjoy time here…

We have all read the comments posted on this week’s survey and discussed the concerns among fellow members and the owners of our beloved site…

One concern stands above the rest as we all figured it would… Concerns with the stability of the site… A.K.A. “The DPF Serversâ€â€¦

But let’s save time and needless technical information until a bit later… For now what is important to understand is that without a huge amount of money and continued annual fees, there is nothing that can be improved…

That being said, with a large amount of money, the owners and engineers could take us to the next level…

What is the next level???

Let’s start with additional dedicated bandwidth which enables faster download speeds and more stability (Fast and Non crashing…lol)… Larger personal space for member’s inboxes and image storage… ability to service the equipment in a moment’s notice with full access (DPF owning its own servers not hosted on someone else’s equipment)…
... This list could go on and on…

What would this take to make happen… Simple… ALL of us joining forces in a major donation drive and fundraising event…

But instead of asking anyone for money all we are asking for is 1 pin…

That’s it ONE PIN and I believe we can reach a goal of donating $10,000 to our beloved site and giving them enough money for new servers and the funds to host it themselves for the next 2 years!!!!!!!

Now you must all be asking how in the heck you can think we can raise $10,000 especially if everyone only sends in one pin…

Simple faith in you and in the love we all have for this wonderful site…

There will be 4 Mailing Hub points in which to send your donated pin… They will be located on the East Coast, Canada, England, and here on the West Coast…

All pins will be received and cataloged with a unique number by the location Representative and all combined to form what should be an amazing collection of the finest Disney Pins ever assembled for a single fund raiser…

Last edited:
Current West Coast Hub Donations...

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
The 4 addresses and members who will be accepting your donations are as follows…

For those who live near the East Coast…

Kupo1121 (Matt)
252 Silleck Street
Clifton, NJ 07013

For those who live near the West Coast…
Goofy Moe
7961 La Habra Circle
Buena Park, CA 90620

For those who live in Europe…
Fireheadfred (Hollie)
5 St Margarets Avenue
Ashford
Middlesex
TW15 1DR
England
For those who are International but not in Europe…
Pargani (Isabelle)
355 Granby Court
Pickering, Ontario
L1V 7B8
Canada

Please address your donation to “DPF Donation” at Any of the above addresses so they do not get mixed with any other pins coming in…

So now what we asking for in the way of a donation??? Simple… A single pin that many people would love to own… If you love this site like most all of us do… A donation of a single pin to possibly get even just one of the above things fixed is a minor thing to give up… and if we can do it right and get these funds raised into the hands of the network and computer gurus they can and will take us into the next level of site stability and flexibility… Also with your one pin donation, could you please include a post-it note sized message to the owners of DPF that will be made into a collage and presented to them as a memento from all of us who love what they do for us… Include your name and DPF User ID on the post-it so that we and they may thank you for your participation…
Deadline for the pin donations will be February 28[SUP]th[/SUP]… at which time they will all be combined and prepared for the Epic Fund Raiser starting near March 10[SUP]th[/SUP] …

Last edited:
yayyyy i am so excited! i will be sending mine soon....does it have to be a most wanted pin or an le or just any pin?

Just a correction to my address:

Isabel P.
355 GRANBY Court
Pickering, Ontario
Canada
L1V 7B8

I'm also happy to PM my surname to anyone who wants it (I won't post it here because the nature of my job is such that I don't want anyone googling my name and finding my home address.)

Last edited:
Just a correction to my address:

Isabel P.
355 GRANBY Court
Pickering, Ontario
Canada
L1V 7B8

Fixed it thanks for seeing that... fixing my file too... lol... Have all my prior shipments made it there as I have used the wrong address so many times in the past... LOL

Yes one pin of top quality and they will all be used in an epic style game here on DPF for everyone to win back... Similar to those run here in the past... No pin donated will leave our beloved group of traders...

where will the fundraiser be handeled. Will it be available to all or just to west coasters. I would like to see some way for everyone to get to bid or however, it's going to be done. the Midwest gets screwed. lol

where will the fundraiser be handeled. Will it be available to all or just to west coasters. I would like to see some way for everyone to get to bid or however, it's going to be done. the Midwest gets screwed. lol

It will be a completely fair randomized type of game where everyone is invited to participate and the more entries sold, the more money that will be generated for the site... I hate to use the term Raffle... But more or less that is what the fund raiser will be... A pool of amazing pins donated by caring members to be used as prizes for winning numbers drawn for each and every item donated...

I hate to be a pill, but can you please clarify exactly what you mean by "top quality?"

Is there a minimum retail price? Is it LE only? That sort of thing please.

There is no minimum as there is also no maximum!!!!

Send in your R/C Rapunzel and let's see how many entries we sell for a combined chance to win and donation to a good cause... LOL...

So basically if this site means the world to you as it does to so many of us... Give something you would give to get it back if it were gone one day...!!!

Yeah... A pin like that...

Yes, please clarify top quality? Perhaps my pin won't be good enough.

There is no donation that is considered un worthy...

Those members who will be big players in the big fund raising game are more than likely going to do it for the purpose of donating to the site... Those who will win back these gems will be more than happy that their donation to a good cause resulted in winning something in return in addition to our site improoving by leaps and bounds... Our members are amazing and I have rarely seen frustrations when things are all going to such a worthy cause...

This sound good! :3 I'll hold off on sending one in until closer to the deadline. I never know what I'll obtain by then! But I'll definitely be sending something in!

~Merlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back