• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Haunted Mansion 45th Anniversary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haunted Mansion 45th Anniversary
Artwork for the 45th anniversary (found this on a blog);

2014-merchandise-4.jpg

Is that the Hatbox Ghost returning to the Mansion... or leaving the Mansion? :squint: As far as I know no news on an actual event.

so THATS what that artwork was for. I found it a while back and kept waiting to see it pop up. If its an event, we may have to skip the nightmare one this year and save up ALL of our money for this one...

Indeed. I wish they'd say if its going to be a proper event or not... that artwork is going to be used on merchandise I think. I know there's going to be some pin collections for the 45th though. Of course if there is an event I doubt it will be as big as the 40th was... they're most likely saving the main celebrations for the 50th anniversary of the Mansion.

Over at Doombuggies.com's topic on this subject, there's talk that there won't be an event per se, because usually by now, registration would be taking place, like the 40th in 2009. That reg. was in Jan!

Over at Doombuggies.com's topic on this subject, there's talk that there won't be an event per se, because usually by now, registration would be taking place, like the 40th in 2009. That reg. was in Jan!

Ah well, guess its not going to be a proper event then... hopefully we'll at least get some good merchandise out of it. Thanks for the information. And yikes, I haven't posted on that forum in ages.

Randomly: I'd like to see bigger versions of the Hatbox Ghost and Hitchhikers. It really looks like Hattie is leaving the Mansion in that pic...

Bumping this thread because there's been a lot of discussion on the anniversary recently, but in the NBC event thread... which is rather off-topic! So any talk of the Mansion anniversary and the possibility of an event should probably use this thread.

I'm not that sad if they decide not to have an event for the 45th anniversary as they are still planning on making merchandise for the anniversary. I am hoping that they are putting together a bigger plan for the 50th anniversary instead.

Yes, as I just posted on Doombuggies.com a few days ago, I was at DLR last Sunday the 30th, and saw some new Haunted Mansion artwork hanging up in the artist cubicle area where they draw/paint in the Disney Gallery for the 45th! Especially of the Hatbox Ghost! A reliable CM told me there is no 45th event, but he said all new HM merchandise (except possibly pins) won't be limited, so we can all have the opportunity to get what we want!

They did say at the September ROE event pin preview presentation that this year there would be two pin events at Disneyland which got big cheers from the crowd and then they discussed both NBC Disneyland takeover theme and HM anniversary. However, it sounds like they may have changed their minds about doing a second event and may just release the pins they designed for it as a general release. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

It's too bad if they don't have an HM event though - the O'Pin House 40th anniversary event may have been the best event I ever attended.

Yes, as I just posted on Doombuggies.com a few days ago, I was at DLR last Sunday the 30th, and saw some new Haunted Mansion artwork hanging up in the artist cubicle area where they draw/paint in the Disney Gallery for the 45th! Especially of the Hatbox Ghost! A reliable CM told me there is no 45th event, but he said all new HM merchandise (except possibly pins) won't be limited, so we can all have the opportunity to get what we want!

That's cool! If I am at DLR in August I'll check it out. Even if there isn't an event I am very excited about the new merchandise.

They did say at the September ROE event pin preview presentation that this year there would be two pin events at Disneyland which got big cheers from the crowd and then they discussed both NBC Disneyland takeover theme and HM anniversary. However, it sounds like they may have changed their minds about doing a second event and may just release the pins they designed for it as a general release. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

It's too bad if they don't have an HM event though - the O'Pin House 40th anniversary event may have been the best event I ever attended.

Obviously I wasn't at the 40th anniversary, but I really like the O'Pin House pins that were released. I was hoping maybe for more pins like that this time.

Now, they may have a pin event similar to the Nightmare event coming up in June, or perhaps like the O-Pin House in 2009, but not an event like the "wedding" of George & Constance which included dinner & a walk over to the HM for cake & ride thrus.

Now, they may have a pin event similar to the Nightmare event coming up in June, or perhaps like the O-Pin House in 2009, but not an event like the "wedding" of George & Constance which included dinner & a walk over to the HM for cake & ride thrus.

I definitely wouldn't be expecting an event like that. What I really want to know though, is if I have to buy a ticket or not; hence why I need to know if it is a event of sorts.

Still sounds like a lot of fun. Will be there...may be with a little less money than planned but will attend event :)

Oh Haunted Mansion, how I wish I could live in you. I can't wait to see stuff for sale. Lets hope there is some good original pin artwork.

Well if the artwork is anything to go by, we'll hopefully at least be getting some new Hatbox and Hitchhiker pins... and that keeps me happy. :D

^Have no idea. I don't think so though. Not much info is out at the moment as to what the anniversary will involve this time.

Probably no Shag items, but it's still early! I did see some corridor of doors artwork hanging up in the gallery artist drawing area, so hopefully they are working with that concept! I love that area of the HM!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back