• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Hershey PA representing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hershey PA representing!

NChouser

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
New to this entire pin trading community forum thing. I started collecting pins back in 2001 but regretfully sold them all. Now in 2011 I have a renewed passion and have start off my collection again. My wife and I love Disney world and just got back from there recently. I am still just starting out but I have around 110 pins in my growing collection.

I am happy I found a place to discuss pins. My wife is not a big fan ( boo!) so I am on my own in Hershey, PA!

Nice to meet all of you! I look forward to our discussions!

Hey there! Welcome to the forum! Glad you could join. Don't hesitate to ask around if you've got any questions; there are plenty of us here whom are willing to lend a helping hand!

Before you sold your collection, how many did you have and what did you collect? What do you collect now? Don't forget to signup for PinPics and connect your ID to your account here! Happy trading!

Back in 2001 I collected just about anything ( memory fuzzy). Now in 2011 I started up with the vinylmation sets and just some other random ones. I will make sure to post some pictures later. Thanks for the welcome!

**Newb question... What is Pinpics?**

Back in 2001 I collected just about anything ( memory fuzzy). Now in 2011 I started up with the vinylmation sets and just some other random ones. I will make sure to post some pictures later. Thanks for the welcome!

**Newb question... What is Pinpics?**

Ah, I see. Much like me when I first started, LOL. I collected caught my eye. Finally after several years of not collecting I jump back in and decide I want to do an Epcot/International themed collection. Only 3 out of 5 pages are Epcot/Int. themed pins in my large book though, sadly.

What kind of Vinylmation pins are you after? Flat or 3D? I, myself only prefer the flat pins since you can fit a lot more into one book and they just look nicer IMO.

I literally typed in Disney Pin Forum into google. You guys were right there.

@Alexa - I love the flat ones! I did trade for 2 3D ones off of cast members but I really like the flat ones!

Yeah it actually happened on our first day there! We went to Hollywood Studios and I walked over to the right to the first set of shops. The first one was photo frames and there were 2 ladies standing behind the counter. I saw they each had one and bolted over there! lol

I have the 3D Figment and Toontown pins. BUT the flat ones are still my fav! I am trying to finish off my Star Wars Vinylmation set now! Just bought the Bobba Fett pin! Still about 2 chasers to go!

Yeah it actually happened on our first day there! We went to Hollywood Studios and I walked over to the right to the first set of shops. The first one was photo frames and there were 2 ladies standing behind the counter. I saw they each had one and bolted over there! lol

I have the 3D Figment and Toontown pins. BUT the flat ones are still my fav! I am trying to finish off my Star Wars Vinylmation set now! Just bought the Bobba Fett pin! Still about 2 chasers to go!

That's hilarious; the way you said it. Congratulations though!

I wouldn't mind having the Figment one, LOL.
Which other vinyls do you need? I'll send out a bunch of trade requests to help you out.

@Alexa. I am working now on putting my pins in pinpics! Is there any better way of finding pins rather than sort through 800 pages, haha.

Also what is a good site to see the list of complete sets ( with chasers). The 4 main sets I am really after are:

Star Wars Vinylmation- have 9 of them - Need 2 more chasers

Nightmare before Christmas - Have 7 - Need 4 more chasers ( assuming there are 11 in the set)

Toy Story - have the base set 6 - Need all 5 chasers

Animation 1 Vinyl Set - have the base set plus a chaser - Need 4 more chasers

And because I am a noob to this all I could not find a good list of each set. The Star Wars set I know its Luke and Princess Leah that I am missing but I have not been able to confirm that.

Thanks guys! Thanks Alexa! I am starting the daunting task of Pinpic updating!

Is this the set you're talking about? PinPics is the only site I know that you're able to look up each set, it's just a matter of the keywords in your search criteria.
Maybe if you supply pictures I can help with your PP lists? I don't mind helping. :)

Yeah thats the set. I need Luke and Leah! Updating my pinpics now.

Is there a way to then see my pins that I selected in one big list? I am still learning! Hang in there with me! haha

Hi
You can type in the desrcription and when you are done..your wants and trades will be here
<~~~under your ID....YOUR whole list of wants,trades,collection will be there

Yeah thats the set. I need Luke and Leah! Updating my pinpics now.

Is there a way to then see my pins that I selected in one big list? I am still learning! Hang in there with me! haha

I believe you can only see your individual lists. For example, if you only wanted to see your "collection" you could look at that.
But I don't think you can put all three lists available to create one if that's what you mean. You can view your lists here.

I've sent out requests for both of those pins; wish me luck! :)

That's weird. I usually always copy + paste a PP ID into the fields.
I'll try manually then. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back