• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Imagination Gala ~ Every Tear Set

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagination Gala ~ Every Tear Set

Merryweather

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
408   0   0
** 10/14 - I am editing this due to the the confusion caused by my original post **

This set was supposed to be released during Imagination Gala, but Disney cancelled/postponed its release. This set is not released in US until now, neither do we know if it will ever get sold by Disney. But, a well known scrapper seller in Hong Kong listed and sold multiples from each of these pins individually (not as set) on Ebay. Many of us suspect that (s)he has ties to factories producing Disney pins in China. Do not take everything in my original post below literally, pay attention to " .." ;)

Yeah, y'all know where this is going.

The set that got delayed in US is appareantly "released" in Hong Kong, hit Ebay and already sold out now.

I can not post seller ids or links not to violate forum rules, but search Ebay for completed auctions "2014 Disney WDW Imagination Gala Carl Fredricksen LE-250 Pin" and see what I am talking about. He has sold many other Imagination Gala pins as well. So, get your weeping buckets ready .. LOL ..

I hope Elsa sends Marshmallow to take out that "icy cold" seller. He is kiling this hobby in the name of few quick bucks. :mad:

Last edited:
heard that he is selling the Mystery sets as well, that will make it difficult for those of us that got them the way we should have, by buying them from Disney in the first place what a scum bag

Why didn't they give those of us who attended the event the opportunity to purchase these first? I only am keeping two pins from the event, but I wanted the whole For Every Laugh there's a tear set.

Why didn't they give those of us who attended the event the opportunity to purchase these first?

The pins are not officially released by Disney (yet). Many of us suspect that the seller from Hong Kong sells factory over runs that did not make the cut during Quality Control ... a.k.a. scrappers.

I was just being sarcastic and taking a stab at that infamous seller. Sorry if i caused any confusion.

Last edited:
Oh, I thought they released the 250 over at HKDL. Now I understand. I still would have liked to get that set.

what? im confused so were they released or not cause im livid livid! thats why i was going and im pissed i spent $ for the event and air and hotel via expedia so nothing was refundable and if Disney freakin releases them--the letter i will right will make children crap their pants.

freakin Selen:mad:

what? im confused so were they released or not cause im livid livid! thats why i was going and im pissed i spent $ for the event and air and hotel via expedia so nothing was refundable and if Disney freakin releases them--the letter i will right will make children crap their pants.

freakin Selen:mad:

Disney did not release them. The ebay seller got them from the factory (?)

I read a rumor on FB a while back that someone was going to have this set made and claim them as "fantasy pins" since they were never officially released by Disney.

I've also seen this ebay user's name pop up in conversations often when referring to eBay, but I never knew that it was a seller (just thought it was some weird name for eBay, like "evilbay" is used as well).

he sells on IG too?

No. IG --> Imagination Gala, but I edited and wrote it in full words now to avoid confusion.

... freakin Selen:mad:

Love you Dawny :)

I've also seen this ebay user's name pop up in conversations often when referring to eBay, but I never knew that it was a seller (just thought it was some weird name for eBay, like "evilbay" is used as well).

Danielle, he is an Ebay seller from Hong Kong. Long back, while discussing scrapper issues regarding the Windows to the Magic series, one of the DPF members had referred to him as "icy cold" seller, and the name stuck with some of us ;)

ah
so the ebay member icebaay was the one who was selling them?

I just checked and there's another member with them too now.

If you look at them they are clearly NOT quality pins. The Simba one is supposed to have like gel filled swirls, the bambi one is suppossed to have really pretty glitter in the snow and the edges in the trees and antlers of the father deer are super jagged and uncut. Carl's eyebrowns and color have bleed into his eyes...yeah...these might not even be scrappers :,(

I just checked and there's another member with them too now.

If you look at them they are clearly NOT quality pins. The Simba one is supposed to have like gel filled swirls, the bambi one is suppossed to have really pretty glitter in the snow and the edges in the trees and antlers of the father deer are super jagged and uncut. Carl's eyebrowns and color have bleed into his eyes...yeah...these might not even be scrappers :,(

I bet the seller who is now selling them (in the US) got them from the icy character.

how do we know its true though?
who created them?

I recall someone posting a while ago - whenever this set was cancelled by Disney so it would have been sometime in the summer - to ask if anyone wanted to go in with them on creating a fantasy set. I tagged MASTER on the pins that someone just posted on FB today but looks like he already has those.

The ones from the icy seller should be scrappers, rather than fantasy pins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back