• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

I've been scammed...bamboozled... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been scammed...bamboozled... :(

MerlinEmrys

Hicitus Pinicus!
Rating - 100%
603   0   0
So, I'm usually really positive when it comes to the pin world. There's enough negativity out there that I really don't like for it to invade my hobby. Moreover, I've always had pretty solid luck when trading with people via pinpics and the like. Unfortunately, though, I'm afraid I've been scammed out of probably my best trader ever. :(

Flashback to June, I made a trade with Timeerkat (THIS ISN'T ABOUT HER--SHE'S AMAZING) for the Dapper Marie pin (115326) and was holding on to it for a major grail, as this little kitty is apparently trading gold, hahah! After no bites, I finally get an offer via pinpics from someone (you can PM me, I don't remember the rules for posting names with bad experiences) who offered to trade me the Reveal/Conceal Megara (81945) and naturally I jumped on it. We chatted up through the beginning of July and we even emailed (like, real email, not via pinpcis) pictures of the pins we would be sending each other. Everything seemed above board. So we agreed to mail out July 3rd.

Here we are on July 18 and I have not heard from this guy since, nor have I received Megara (obviously). I've emailed after a week passed from the assumed delivery (mine was delivered July 7), no word, so I have been emailing and messaging every other day since then. Also, after doing some research, I've found that this person is rather hit-or-miss and people have had some bad interactions with them. I will continue to message (until the end of time, just to be an annoyance...) until they either fess up or I get Megara...

I'm so bummed... That Marie was far and away the best trader I've had in years, and to be so close to getting one of my ultimate Hercules grails only to have been swindled...that's a pretty harsh blow. Not enough to keep me from trading or anything, but definitely to taint my otherwise rosy view of non-DPF trades. :(

Anywho, sorry for venting. But it's been eating at me for a while. *sigh* But you know, I'm a firm believer in Pin Karma--so I hope this person steps on legos at least once every three to four days (not enough to notice a pattern...just enough to startle them every time it happens...).

~Merlin

SeEms yUo couLd usE soMe justIce.
e229097b0166ae8cc23c51ad6c513c3c.gif

I'm sure you've contacted pinpics admin. Have you gotten on any of the pin scammer FB pages? Perhaps someone can contact them via Facebook and shame them into sending it.

Also, there is always the police route and filing a mail fraud claim. I believe I've heardof folks doing that. You have the communications to prove you had an agreement/contract.

All that said though, I hope it turns out to be alright and perhaps this person is just a bit... slow on the mailout.

Have you reported the person to PinPics? They can shut down the account and block the ISP so that no one can register under that code anymore.

That's awful to hear. I hope that there is some mix up or that it's on the way and you get your pin. It's good to let people know of bad traders that are out there.

Have you reported the person to PinPics? They can shut down the account and block the ISP so that no one can register under that code anymore.
I sent docfish a message a bit ago, but I've been holding out hope that it would just pop up. :/ but this person hasn't responded to a single message in over two weeks. So I guess it's time to file a formal complaint.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear it Merlin, that sucks. Maybe...just maybe...they are really sick and in the hospital? Not a good thing but that's looking at the bright side right?

Let's all form an email posse and stalk this guy!!! Pitchforks everyone, who's with me?!

Oh No, Merlin sorry to hear ! I'm hoping too, that this person has had a lapse, but will come through. Ugh so frustrating to hear all the same, glad you vented!

Sorry to hear about your bad luck Merlin. :( In the future, if you ever need a third person to "middleman" the trade, there are a bunch of people on the forum (myself included) who are willing to fulfill that duty. Hopefully pin karma will work it's way back around <3

I'm so sad to hear that this happened to you. :(
I too believe in pin karma and hope they get some back :mad:
In the meantime, I would file a claim with Pinpics, and put their name out there on IG and FB.

That's so terrible and super frustrating! Hopefully, it does work out!! Otherwise, you have a lot of pin karma racked up and that person will have negative of that :[

Oh man. I am so sorry to hear this, Merlin. You do so much for the pin community. Please contact Pin Pics because they are usually very helpful in these matters. I'm hoping it all works out for you.

Wow...I am so sorry to hear. You don't deserve this. I am hoping he is just on vacation or something and will get it mailed out soon. I will keep my fingers crossed. :rant:

Who hurt our Merlin? I will find them and end to the... *coughs* their pin trading career. Seriously, though. Who does that person think they are?

That is such a shame. I do almost all my Trading through pinpics and I really hate it when someone on that site ruins if for everyone else. Maybe it is an oversight on their part and they will come to their senses and send the pin.

Im so sorry to hear this I don't know how any one can do a thing like this! I hope it turns up for you if I had it I would definitely let you have my one but I don't I'm so sorry

Very sorry to hear Merlin. I assume the pin was to be sent tracked? I assume you sent yours tracked too?

Having been the person 'on the other end' of something like this (and feeling rotten for it the whole time, even though it wasn't intentional), I'm truly hoping this isn't intentional and they'll get your pin to you.

Last edited:
How awful....I am so sorry. I had a similar experience trading on FB. It is the reason that I am apprehensive about trading on any other site but DPF.

((HUGS))

Thank you all so much for your kind words. :3 you guys are the reason I love trading, so I'm not going to be down for the count for long. ;P

Whenever I see something nasty on fb or IG in the pin world, I always think how awesome our little DPF community it. :3

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

I'm so sorry to hear this. It seems like these scammers are hard at work right now!! It is so unfortunate that this is happening and it seems like it is happening more and more frequently!!

Bummer Merlin! Why doesn't everyone play nicely on FB? Makes me sad/mad that there are folks out there just waiting to cheat someone else. As you say, karma will come back at them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back