• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

LE Cinderella's "Glass Slippers"

Status
Not open for further replies.
LE Cinderella's "Glass Slippers"

coraline

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, my doll, like many others, also has those markings when they contacted the doll stand. Does anyone know if Disney Store is offering to replace the shoes or exchange them? Obviously, it's not a situation where you could exchange the doll...

They offered to exchange my entire doll, but I declined, because I was pretty sure that no one opened up the new doll's box and inspected it for flaws. Plus, who knows what could happen with all that shipping back and forth. I also would have had to send my doll to them first, which I was not comfortable with.

The french disney store web site, told me, that they will send me " new shoes " to replace them. They told me that yesterday. So now I wait for it

Maybe we should all start facebook Disney Store posting, I have noticed that when more than one person posts something, they often do pay attention... just a thought, maybe we could try it?.... I'd rather them just send replacement slippers, not a replacement doll :lol:

I wrote to them the day I received my doll about the slipper situation. They offered me a $20 online gift card.

I wrote to them the day I received my doll about the slipper situation. They offered me a $20 online gift card.

$20 is fair compensation for this issue, I think, but I wonder if it'd be possible to get one for in store instead of online. I hate ordering from the website but I'll take it if it's the only option. Yeah, my Cinderella's shoes are rust stained too. I think more people's dolls have the stains than not and it is something Disney Store should be aware of so it doesn't happen to another doll. I'll send them an e-mail about mine, too.

So I got a fast response from the disney store (within 2 hours) and they said they will get back to me within 1-2 days! *cross fingers* good news hopefully

So I got a fast response from the disney store (within 2 hours) and they said they will get back to me within 1-2 days! *cross fingers* good news hopefully

Yeah, I got that message, too. I didn't hear back from them until I e-mailed them again four days later... Then they dropped the replacement doll option on me. :( Best of luck to everyone for a satisfactory solution.

Yeah, I got that message, too. I didn't hear back from them until I e-mailed them again four days later... Then they dropped the replacement doll option on me. :( Best of luck to everyone for a satisfactory solution.

We shall seeeeeee, I told them ok if I don't hear from you within that time period I will send another message LOL

Here's just a quick thought to you guys who are having the shoe problem! If Disney Store offers you a $20 compensation, you could use that to buy the Cinderella 17" Singing Doll and just replace the shoes with your LE Cinderella's shoes?! I don't know if the 17" Cinderella Singing Doll is still on sale for $20, but it certainly was just the other day! Even if it's not on sale, if you use a $20 gift card that means you'll only have to pay $10 to get brand new glass slippers and a singing doll as well! Just a suggestion!

They offered to send me a new doll. They said that I need to have the doll and the box she came in so UPS could pick her up. Uhhhh...I don't keep shipment boxes. I said that, and then I said that unless someone checks the shoes, I'd rather not have a replacement, because I don't want to go through this hassle again since there is like 99.9% chance the replacement doll would also have stains on her shoes. So I just plainly asked for 1/4 of a refund of what I paid for the doll, or 1/4 of my refund on a gift card, or a gift card that had a reasonable amount.

I got a response telling me I could return the doll for a refund?! I want my doll!! I just want new shoes!! I also pointed out that the LE dolls can't be returned (at least that is what my store told me) and they said they could…...

So some people are being offered a $20 gift card, and some people are being offered the chance to return their doll (even though they are now sold out)?

Why can't Disney have a clear solution across the board for this... :(

And because this seems to be a problem with EVERY doll (someone correct me if I am wrong...but I haven't heard of even ONE doll that doesn't have the rust shoes problem)...they should really just offer replacement shoes or automatically send everyone that purchased the doll a $20 gift card...but I guess they are hoping that many people won't even notice or care.

So some people are being offered a $20 gift card, and some people are being offered the chance to return their doll (even though they are now sold out)?

Why can't Disney have a clear solution across the board for this... :(

And because this seems to be a problem with EVERY doll (someone correct me if I am wrong...but I haven't heard of even ONE doll that doesn't have the rust shoes problem)...they should really just offer replacement shoes or automatically send everyone that purchased the doll a $20 gift card...but I guess they are hoping that many people won't even notice or care.

The 4 people that replied to my inquiry seemed to have no idea of the situation. I guess not a lot of people are inquiring about the issue? I mean, they were saying thanks for helping by bringing the issue to their attention:dunno:

I think doing what PrincessxJasmine89 said - posting about this on the Disney Store Facebook - might bring more attention to it. I would assume they could eventually make a post on Facebook or the DS.com blog that they are offering replacement dolls or a refund in the form of a gift card.

Tweeting to the Disney Store would be affective also, since whoever follows them would see the reply to the tweet.

That said, I'm getting a $25 gift card ^ . ^

I emailed them and since only one of my slippers had the damage, they are sending me a $15 Disney Store Giftcard. :dunno: That is fine with me, but they did say they they were "unable" to provide replacement slippers. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back