• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DSF/DSSH Live from Hollywood - Frankenweenie line part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the update. Hopefully people will keep this updated. I am planning on going later this morning for the 1-2pm slot.

I don't want to mess the joy of getting these pins for anyone, but please help me understand: What is the big deal about these?

They look dreadful to me :dunno:

Steve, I hope you do t have to go to work after this!!! Do you ever sleep?!

Have fun!! The pins are really cute!!!

Vicki

I don't want to mess the joy of getting these pins for anyone, but please help me understand: What is the big deal about these?

They look dreadful to me :dunno:
I can't speak for everyone, but for me, the reason I'm wanting these pins is because the film is going to be amazing. The live action short of Frankenweenie from yeeears ago is adorable. For such a short film, it has a lot of heart. The stop-motion animation full feature length film is looking just as good, if not better. Even if it didn't turn out to be as good as the original, it will still be nice to have pins representing Frankenweenie.

On the other hand, I don't like ALL the pins being released. I've never liked Marquee pins, and I probably never will. They're far too over-hyped for such plain and basic pins. :) I'm only going for the event pin (it features Zero, one of my other collections), Victor with Sparky and Persephone with Elsa. Also the Zero Book pin. My Frankenweenie collection is mainly going to consist of Sparky and Persephone. Once I've seen the film, if the other characters turn out to be good, I'll worry about getting those pins then.

:) Believe it or not, the original is from 1984. :lol: That's before I was even born. The most recent release of it is on the Special Edition of Nightmare Before Christmas on DVD. :( If I remember correctly, it's the film that got Tim Burton sacked by Disney, as they thought it was too scary for kids. Shows what Disney knows! :p I always thought the film was completely charming.

There's going to be much more to this version of the film though. I can't wait!

Have fun with the release guys! I'm a big Tim Burton fan, but I'll admit that I have no interest in any of these pins. But more power to you all in line for wristbands! I hope you're able to get what you want!

People in the 1PM line are trying to get their friends to show up now so they can hit 80 and get their wristbands early.

They should have stuck with 50 wristbands per distribution. The people who are coming for the 7PM will only be able to get a wristband for the marquees. It seems a little unfair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back