• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DSF/DSSH Live from Hollywood....Postcards release!

Status
Not open for further replies.
DSF/DSSH Live from Hollywood....Postcards release!
Sounds like the good definitely outweighed the bad. :)

Got a horrible number too. And lost my parking ticket, so I had to pay the full day rate! :p

But, I got to hang out with people, and got compliments on my Judy lanyard, and I made some AMAZING trades (photo will be posted in Mail Day), so it wasn't all bad. :)

Which doll?

D23 Minnie in red. She looked so adorable I had to have it. I bought it from a sorcerer ticket holder but wasn't able to arrange pick up at D23 before she went on vacation so we made plans to meet up at DSSH (instead of her shipping it). I'm sure it could have been cheaper after D23, but I had already pre-paid the $135 for it so, it was like, pay $20 to ship to me or just pick up when I'm down there. LOL

Thanks! Pink wristbands today
Ours were purple... We were about 40 people from the end of the line which ended with 10-20 people standing on Highland (so it ran from the DSSH alley to the far end of the block and back - for those not familiar with the area.) My daughter pulled a number in the 600s, but I got lucky with a good number, so the trip down to DSSH was not a waste (since I did not have any trades set up this time). This was the most people I have ever seen at a release, and so many went away from this one disappointed. Since I have left these releases disappointed, I related with the +301 crowd a bit too well. :sad:

This is the first release I've been to in a while but back when I went, they pulled numbers one at a time. This time, she pulled out a handful of numbers and started passing them out.

They've been doing that.. this entire year (since i've started going). I thought that was the standard haha It def goes faster that way than just one by one, I guess

They've been doing that.. this entire year (since i've started going). I thought that was the standard haha It def goes faster that way than just one by one, I guess

True but the whole thing about checking the back of the voucher was worthless. Everyone saw the back of the voucher as it was handed to them. So the DSF person pulling all the numbers out of the bin basically "controlled" who got the special surprise.

True but the whole thing about checking the back of the voucher was worthless. Everyone saw the back of the voucher as it was handed to them. So the DSF person pulling all the numbers out of the bin basically "controlled" who got the special surprise.

Oh yea, I definitely agree with that. Too bad I guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ok so i wasnt the only one who thought that. lol

Sounds like this one was kinda unfun, I wanted to go but I had to do an outpatient surgery on Friday, I'm really liking the ones coming out on 9/9. Glad to see many people still keep a really positive attitude about it regardless of the outcome. ^_^

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

I have a newbie question when it comes to these releases. I've seen some people post numbers over 300 that are considered good numbers but if the pin is LE 300 and one per person doesn't that mean they won't get a full set? And if the pin is two per person wouldn't it mean any number over 150 isn't really that great?

I have a newbie question when it comes to these releases. I've seen some people post numbers over 300 that are considered good numbers but if the pin is LE 300 and one per person doesn't that mean they won't get a full set? And if the pin is two per person wouldn't it mean any number over 150 isn't really that great?

If you're within the first 10 after the last "good" number, people tend to stick around because perhaps DSSH miscounted and put too many #s into the bin or people miss their turn. So, some people will at least end up with a pin or two.

I agree... At the Lion King and Postcards, the DSSH staff member had a handful of the lotto cards and just pulled them out of her hand. Definitely one way to speed up the process, but perhaps not as random or fun? On Saturday, my friend received a face up card (high number) which had been handed to another individual who handed it back (since the person received 2 cards.) So everyone saw the # before my friend was handed it next. I thought this was pretty unfair too. It seems like the card should have been throw totally back into the randomness of the barrel and a fresh card passed to the next person (ie, my friend).

This is the first release I've been to in a while but back when I went, they pulled numbers one at a time. This time, she pulled out a handful of numbers and started passing them out.
She's been doing that for the last at least 3 or 4 releases. Maybe more. Always results in both of us getting crap numbers.

I agree... At the Lion King and Postcards, the DSSH staff member had a handful of the lotto cards and just pulled them out of her hand. Definitely one way to speed up the process, but perhaps not as random or fun? On Saturday, my friend received a face up card (high number) which had been handed to another individual who handed it back (since the person received 2 cards.) So everyone saw the # before my friend was handed it next. I thought this was pretty unfair too. It seems like the card should have been throw totally back into the randomness of the barrel and a fresh card passed to the next person (ie, my friend).

That has happened to me twice. she pulls the numbers. they are all or most are face up she looks at them as everyone in front looks at them. she throws a few back and hands out the rest. then sometimes she flips them over and pretends like it never happened.

If you're within the first 10 after the last "good" number, people tend to stick around because perhaps DSSH miscounted and put too many #s into the bin or people miss their turn. So, some people will at least end up with a pin or two.
or they go to mc donalds come back quick see that the line moved 10 people so they take their time. line picks up speed and bam they are running down the sidewalk trying to squeeze through all the people just standing in the middle yelling im here im here.

or they go to mc donalds come back quick see that the line moved 10 people so they take their time. line picks up speed and bam they are running down the sidewalk trying to squeeze through all the people just standing in the middle yelling im here im here.

LOL. Is that you?

Anyhow, I haven't been to DSF since the Avengers Age of Ultron release too (I did horribly then as well). Didn't the bin used to be covered in some type of leather/cloth cover so the DSF employee couldn't "see" the numbers, just the scraps of paper?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back