• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DSF/DSSH Live from Hollywood - The Little Mermaid

Status
Not open for further replies.
*sigh* I most wished this suprise pin wudn't happen

After the accidental drama I caused around it by showing it early I hope I didnt hamper anyones chances of getting it today.

I was pleeding for someone to help me get just the suprise even before it was announced, I still have no chance of getting it now *sobs*

I just widh I could get this pin, it would make my LM frame complete and gorgeous too!

I've picked up loads of pins before from the UK and Paris and can only think of two pins I have asked forr in return as a favour. If anyone is interrsted in helping me I would be eternally grateful, my heart has been breaking over this since I first found out about the pin a week ago

Off to Paris in Feb, maybe I can return the favour with pivkups there although to be honest I wipl offer pivk ups as always anyway.

Good luck to all those in line, stay safe and warm!

Apparently there's already a scrapper alert for the jumbo?! I saw it on pinpics :(
That is why most people knew about the Ariel jumbo already. There was a site from China (similar to eBay) where they had the Jumbo and the Best Friends Mulan. Although, I am fairly certain they aren't scrappers, maybe they are just rejects? I was reading the descriptions on that website and it said they got a hold of these two pins because they were different than the others or something.... (reject possibility)

$(KGrHqJ,!lwFIVNWzdOUBSM0GtkQ+w~~60_57.JPG

Straight from the Bay. It looks like Scuttle's beak wasn't fixed!And Ariel below has gray eyes instead of blue...but it's still a very lovely pin :p

REALLY ANGRY. The arranged pre-sale that I had isn't going through...and it isn't because they got there too late, or changed their minds....it's that they decided not to go at all. After all the pre arranging and even exchanging of phone numbers I should have known that with no communication today AT ALL (even after I had received texts from the seller before today about the release...) that this wasn't happening...which was why i posted earlier about having no hope of receiving these awesome pins.

I could have focused my energy and resources in another pre sale, had I known they were going to flake.

This is the LAST TIME I involve myself in a pre sale as either a buyer or a seller. The End.

No no...not you Romancing....this was someone else. Their pre sale thread is also no longer available...so whatever. This is why I posted that there was no hope, because even though this other member and I have had private texting discussions over the release, I had NO communication from them all morning after I tried to follow up to get a text just now that said they didn't even go to the release. WTF. My suspicions were correct, at least.

I thought thats exactly what a scrapper is... a reject?
Umm... Maybe I am getting my terminology wrong

Here is the description that came with the Ariel (using google translate since I don't know Chinese)
Export of the original single badge, non-generic manufacturers generally small emblem engraved goods

Badges are basically the original single exports to the merchant after order extra, or some small flaws to be replaced badge

We can not guarantee the perfect emblem of resistance, but they are not big problems, big problems will be described in writing

And KELLY are shooting a very clear picture as possible out of the pursuit of the perfect pro, please carefully shot

Badges favorites like collecting antiques, like porcelain, you are willing to buy a modern production of perfect imitations,

Still willing to buy an IMPERFECT real genuine it?

Because Disneyland badge collection produced relatively few people contact,

Such as Shanghai Disney built Disneyland after the park opened a large badge collection will heat up

So now some nice collection of collections that time will be very valuable

Inevitably there will be a slight export of the original single small flaw, the pursuit of the perfect pro, please carefully shot

A very beautiful big Disney badge, shopkeepers retention models, too fond of, so only sold one

Global Limited only 200 ~

Normally there are more than 1 scrappers of a pin. It's a reject. It had problems and therefore was taken from the initial run. It was originally supposed to be one that was sold. Someone got a hold of it and sold it then. With scrappers, don't quote me as I might be wrong, and I am not an expert, but usually they are after the initial run and made from the mold, but are of worse quality. Scrappers and rejects both can have bad quality, but there are differences in when they were originally made in regards to the original run.

Last edited:
I'm sorry love ,w, this thing is a mess but I hope we can get somthing for you.

if there is anyone out there who has an extra marquee marquee please let us know. We only came down here to pick one up for docfish and we were 11th in the second chance line

Normally there are more than 1 scrappers of a pin. It's a reject. It had problems and therefore was taken from the initial run. It was originally supposed to be one that was sold. Someone got a hold of it and sold it then. With scrappers, don't quote me as I might be wrong, and I am not an expert, but usually they are after the initial run and made from the mold, but are of worse quality. Scrappers and rejects both can have bad quality, but there are differences in when they were originally made in regards to the original run.

I think fakes/counterfeits are the ones made after the initial run, WITHOUT Disney's permission, and are yucky quality. Scrappers are just that... official Disney pins that aren't good enough quality (rejected), so they are scrapped. Junk pins are usually not pin-on-pin or free-D, but this pin is pin-on-pin, so it makes sense that it would be a scrapper and not an out-and-out fake.
I think pin-on-pin and free-D are deterrents for fakes, but that doesnt mean that a pin-on-pin or free-D couldnt be faked.

I really wanted this pin. Like super bad. I was only able to get one set between my boyfriend and I. (Since I got a crappy number) :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back