• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

May DSF Pins

Status
Not open for further replies.
LoL @ the $500 price tag for the Iron Man pin set on eBay already. People are too much! LoL These are cool, but NONE in my opinion are worth that kind of money. I will personal be passing on all of these. Good luck to those getting them. With $500 price tags already on eBay I expect DSF will be having another chaotic release.

I agree, although this set is cool looking... It is sooooooo not worth those prices lol your average MARVEL collectors aren't gonna pay that. And there isn't that many Marvel pin collectors in my honest opinion. I just think there are people in place within this community with the soul purpose of hyping up DSF releases so the key sellers make their money and the traders get the biggest bang for their buck. It is really saddening.

Just saw this...perfect gif for the occasion for that Ironman Mandarin pin!!!

tumblr_m8li1nRrUq1qm0qu7.gif

Please people.... Try to stay away from the crazy priced pre-sales as no little piece of metal is worth the crazy asking prices <3 I just pray everyone uses good senses on this release and we all can drive it back to a norm... If they do not get the big bills, they will lower the prices. In my honest opinion, High Priced Pre-sales are just funding these people to use your money to shark you and everyone else too... I hope karma makes her rounds finally <3 I wish the best of luck and great deals to all the great people of the pin trading community who deserve it

:hug:

On the design of these Iron man pins I am noticing one big thing that will make me upset....

I pray! That these aren't 3D rubber elements all over the place... That would be an epic fail! :facepalm:

Jess and Tink seem to always show up in sets. Are they really that popular?

They did two Tink pins for her last movie (Marquee and with Periwinkle,) and she was on the outside of the Peter Pan vault pins plus the surprise but that's it for over a year. 7 pins in the last year. They have done about 100 of her in total though, which is a lot.

DSF is obsessed with Alice and Jessica...

~Merlin

They've done 23 Jessica pins in the last 12 months. Now that's a lot of 1 character! But they have done 85 overall, so very heavy on Jessica lately. They've also done 23 pins of AIW characters in the last 12 months. But only 72 overall. But the grand daddy of them all is Stitch. They've made 169 Stitch pins (oddly no Marquee! hah.) Only 13 Stitch pins in the last 12 months, 13 if you count the Lilo PTD which I didn't but did just now.

Last edited:
I see DSF made an UP pin close to the 4th year anniversary of the Movie debut. 5-16-2009. Maybe thats why its on the 18th rather than the last Saturday of the month?

I would be surprised if Disney planned it around the anniversary. I think they are just clueless and it worked out that way.

I would be surprised if Disney planned it around the anniversary. I think they are just clueless and it worked out that way.

:like:

If they cared about that kind of stuff they would have released the Iron Man pins on May 4th which is the day after the movie premiers.

Ok, DSF in the past as stated that the reason for the increase in the edition size of the marquees is so that regular theater goers can have a chance and get a pin for the movie they just saw there. The pin is being delayed 8 day from when the movie comes out at the theater. The first week is always the biggest for movies when they come out so did they really need to increase the edition size if they are delaying the release until after the biggest crowds left the theater?

Last year, DSF increased the Marquee pins for new film releases to 500 and kept the Marquee pins for re-releases (this year so far: Peter Pan, Mulan, Lady & the Tramp) at 300. Perhaps the reason for the Iron Man delay is that the theater has some special events going on during opening day / weekend so they couldn't accommodate pin trading (I'm sure we'll find out this weekend during the Bubble Gum release).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back