• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!
Status
Not open for further replies.
New Pin Enthusiast

Ninpin

Mothmouse
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Never thought I'd be into this!
(Actually, I didn't even know such a thing existed until a few weeks ago!)

Hello, I'm an artist (hobbyist) of both original design and fan works. I've been an enthusiast of character design and development for most of my life, and have been exploring other ways to celebrate my love for the various characters I've grown attached to as I've aged. I've never truly collected anything before, though I've often wanted to start something. I really enjoy looking at others collections and have had dreams of having my own "wall" of sorts someday, dedicated to my inspirations and hobby.

Well, last year I gained a new fascination with King Candy, from Wreck-It Ralph, and for the first time I started to collect something - various merchandise of him (I even went as far as to commission a custom sculpture, 'cause I'm nuts like that). After a bit, I discovered Disney pins and pin trading. I researched a lot about it and I think it sounds like loads of fun! There are other Disney characters I love besides KC, so I'll probably look into those pin collections, too! But for now, I'm just trying to get my KC pin collection finished to start, hehe.

Anyway, I've been snooping these forums for a while now, and figured I may as well register and get in on some of the chats! My top priority at the moment is learning how to inspect pins for scrappers/fakes, as I'm so paranoid about that... especially with how expensive some of these things can be. Hopefully I can get all of the info I need here!

Have a great day, all!

Welcome! Turbo-Tastic will be happy to have another King Candy collector on board. I really like your art work.

Thank you for the warm welcomes, everyone!

Welcome! Turbo-Tastic will be happy to have another King Candy collector on board. I really like your art work.

I think I've seen that poster before while I was searching for stuff, would be nice to meet them! And thanks!

Welcome to DPF :wavey:. Your King Candy signature is really cool.

Hehe, thank you!

Welcome to the forum!!! It's an addiction that has me by the throat but I love collecting

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Hello! My name is Bo. Fellow newbie and lifelong character design enthusiast too :) I love your artwork! I mainly work in traditional media - paper and copic markers (and mainly because I still suck at digital colouring, lol.. yours is awesome!) My most recent Disney fan-art was Vanellope- My main character design intrest is in female gaming characters, so she's kind of a crossover! Anyway, nice to meet you♥

Hello! My name is Bo. Fellow newbie and lifelong character design enthusiast too :) I love your artwork! I mainly work in traditional media - paper and copic markers (and mainly because I still suck at digital colouring, lol.. yours is awesome!) My most recent Disney fan-art was Vanellope- My main character design intrest is in female gaming characters, so she's kind of a crossover! Anyway, nice to meet you♥

Awesome! Great to meet you! Do you have any scans/photos of your Vanellope drawing? I'd love to see it!

Hi and welcome to the forum :D I love to draw too and love to see other peoples work. im in two minds as king candy in cybug mode creeps me out so bad but your art is good I can't stop looking, its creepy awesome. That statue you had commissioned is amazing! I had a dex-starr one made once by anouther talented artist and its fantastic to own of of a kind of your favourite character. Welcome to collection and I hope you can get ahold of the king candy pins your looking for :)

Hi and welcome to the forum :D I love to draw too and love to see other peoples work. im in two minds as king candy in cybug mode creeps me out so bad but your art is good I can't stop looking, its creepy awesome. That statue you had commissioned is amazing! I had a dex-starr one made once by anouther talented artist and its fantastic to own of of a kind of your favourite character. Welcome to collection and I hope you can get ahold of the king candy pins your looking for :)

I believe I saw your art thread on here a while back with some of your drawings, and they were amazing! Oh, I think I saw your Hercules collection earlier, too! Nice to meet you!

Yeah, this character is somewhat creepy and I didn't like him at first, but he kind of grew on me the more I watched the movie, until eventually I was just fascinated by him. I tend to be like that, get attached to things that I never thought I would...

Thanks for the wonderful welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back