• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DLR No more pin trading tables at DLR

Status
Not open for further replies.
DLR No more pin trading tables at DLR
So I have some bad news. It appears the tables are gone for good. Today marks the last day for gac( guest assistant cards). Meaning the start of Disney's new das( disability assistance service) which requires guest relations booths in different lands servicing the new das cards. And as shown in the picture, they picked their guest relations spot. :( </3

We will see, it is not the first time they tried it. We will prevail!!!

Tables, we don't need no stinkin tables.

I did notice this two weeks ago and this Sunday most if not all the pins stuff was gone. It was replaced with Toy Story merchandise. If it was a seasonal thing why did they remove the pins stuff?

Last week when i was in LGM the ONLY difference in pins for sale was the loss of the "whats new" glass case. which vanished some time ago. there was still the whole wall section and that shelving unit in the center near the entrance. IDK what you mean by the pins dissappearing from there sweetie... It seemed fine to me. :)

In front of fly n buy at tables in front of Taste Pilots Grill. Lets make a change for DCA, it's near front entrance and Starbucks, food & bathrooms all close. And the store is still nearby.

I think it's that or the docks. But the docks are a further walk and not in a high traffic area for the masses to see the pin traders.

I am agreeing with Mark here.

Lets all start meeting up near fly n buy... I wander both parks and rarely "park my butt" at trade tables anymore, I can wander past all the other places and tell any traders I see to start heading that way.

Last week when i was in LGM the ONLY difference in pins for sale was the loss of the "whats new" glass case. which vanished some time ago. there was still the whole wall section and that shelving unit in the center near the entrance. IDK what you mean by the pins dissappearing from there sweetie... It seemed fine to me. :)

I did notice the glass case missing and did not go into the store. As I was walking towards Space Mountain, the center near the entrance no longer had pins but BuzzLightYear dolls. I usually go on the weekend so I'll report back.

I did not get a chance yesterday to speak with a representative at City Hall but did speak with a CM at LGM where I picked up the pin. I had to rush out because traffic was horrible yesterday from Corona and I only had 1 hour before class started (and trying to find parking at CSUF can be rough). So back from my tangent, the CM at LGM confirmed tables are gone. I inquired if there may be another place established for trade and did not receive an official area. I was informed that I am free to trade with cast members and other traders if I and the other trader agree to the trade. So....Fly n' Buy huh? Sounds like a good area to me.

I did not get a chance yesterday to speak with a representative at City Hall but did speak with a CM at LGM where I picked up the pin. I had to rush out because traffic was horrible yesterday from Corona and I only had 1 hour before class started (and trying to find parking at CSUF can be rough). So back from my tangent, the CM at LGM confirmed tables are gone. I inquired if there may be another place established for trade and did not receive an official area. I was informed that I am free to trade with cast members and other traders if I and the other trader agree to the trade. So....Fly n' Buy huh? Sounds like a good area to me.

I think a few CMs should quadruple confirm they're not coming back... they're starting the new version of guest assistance cards today which part of it will occupy the old LGM trading space.

Justin (NBeyond) and I went into City Hall yesterday, where the CM told us to go to Disneyland.com and file the complaint there, as the complaints they receive only reach a certain level of management.

Of course, since the tables got so much questionable doubt, others are more than welcome to go into City Hall themselves and receive the same answer. :lol:

you know, i keep hearing that guests complained and such... But really, I have not seen or heard that much about it.

I know early in 2013 there were some issues with traders getting into fights/arguements with eachother... And during the PoDM era I know that some actual fights broke out, and some incredibly immature behavior was occuring in lines and at tables.

But this year, for the most part the tables have seemed pretty under control.

I'm not sure what my schedule is this week but I think I can trade at Fly 'n Buy on Friday and Saturday for a little bit. The wife and I are planning to go to DCA for opening to go on Radiator Springs Racers so after the lines start to get longer I'll come over Li. Friday I should be able to come try for a little bit too.

I am going to trade in front of the castle starting at 9 am Sunday I don't GAF where Disney wants me to trade at. Bieber is going to sit firm, lets see them try and move me with my bodyguards around.

We should try to spread the word with traders we see about trying out Fly 'n Buy / Taste Pilots Grill area. There are benches along the main walk way and then tables just behind those, that aren't inside the "fenced" area of Taste Pilots Grill. So we should be able to sit down and still be seen. And it's close to a lot of stuff. Both Grand Californian Hotel and DCA main entrances. Bathrooms, a pin store, Starbucks, ice cream cart, popcorn cart, and the restaurant/candy store thats with Starbucks. Plus we can get fastpasses for Soarin', one of my favorite rides! hehe.

Okay, I don't think getting an AP will take too long. We plan to be at DLR/DCA around 9 am-ish? Get APs, they should still have our pictures, and then be ready to go.

So, yes, 10 am should be okay...or maybe 11 am. I think I've given my # out to a lot of people, lol. I have to figure out where those tables are at Fly n'Buy.

If you're standing in front of fly n buy looking at the store entrance, look left. You'll see the main walk way and the seating area for Taste Pilots Grill. Between the walk way and the seating are are benches along the walkway in front of the seating area. Just behind those benches, like 3 feet from the main walk way, there are tables. They aren't inside the corral of tables surrounded by a metal pole fence thing, they are between the metal pole corral and the right behind the benches. I'm trying to remember but I think maybe 6 or 8 tables and a walkway down the middle of them. Google map coordinates 33.807957,-117.919876

When a new position is determined, will someone please let me know? I can't live without visiting the tables in person. Sometimes when I have trouble trading a pin on here, I go to the tables! I'll be there this Saturday if anyone is around :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back