• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Pin Database alternative? What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep up the good work!! It looks fantastic.

I had one question. Is there any way we can view all the pins, like start with page one, ect?

I have to admit that I haven't looked at this database (or the other one being made) yet, but I'm really excited to see what these will look like. A couple of questions, though, about entering pins.

Fantasy pins: Do you want these entered? I am talking about the G-rated ones, like I have a "Stitch holding a Volkswagen (Punch buggy)" or a "Kronk and Yzma Fan Club" pin. Should these be entered in the database?

AP/PP/Special metal colors: Do you want these entered as their own pin, or do you want to have it as a "sub-page" on the actual pin entry?

It might be good to have a blanket policy now, before too many get entered in the database. Thanks, and good luck with the database!!

Last edited:
AP/PP/Special metal colors: Do you want these entered as their own pin, or do you want to have it as a "sub-page" on the actual pin entry?

I can only speak for myself, but it seems like this market is a tiny one and it clutters up the database. We all know that every pin has an ap and pp pin you could just mention that when trying to trade.

What about making a spot on each pin to include pics of the black/silver/gold AP versions of the pin? That way you wouldn't need a new entry. Would there be a way to "click" that you own/want/trade these particular pins?

What about making a spot on each pin to include pics of the black/silver/gold AP versions of the pin? That way you wouldn't need a new entry. Would there be a way to "click" that you own/want/trade these particular pins?

that'd be neat...
like pin #1234 - reg
#1234-A is AP
#1234-B is PP
#1234-C is error

Yeah, I just had an issue with an inexperienced eBay seller that didn't know the difference between AP and not AP. She just found the one that looked like her pin on PinPics and used that info on her auction. So I think no separate entry works best.

< Previous Pin and Next Pin > have now been added to the top of pins, so it's very easy to browse searches and quickly add/remove items from your collection without a lot of Back button presses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back