• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Pin Database alternative? What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's a Beta page but did we want to watermark the pictures? I always thought the pics were watermarked to prevent counterfits from being made.

Thank you for keeping it basic. It loaded up at work really fast so I can only imagine how much faster it will be at home :)

Is it possible to post photos in the description? I'm only thinking that it might be a nice way to post all the possible PODM screens in the description or something to make it easier to see what possible scenes are out there.

I know it's a Beta page but did we want to watermark the pictures? I always thought the pics were watermarked to prevent counterfits from being made.

Thank you for keeping it basic. It loaded up at work really fast so I can only imagine how much faster it will be at home :)

Watermarking images does not prevent counterfeits being made...sadly.
Typically watermarks are transparent, its easy to take an image and trace over it on photoshop to get rid of the watermark,
to get the main edges and markings of the pin.

Is it possible to post photos in the description? I'm only thinking that it might be a nice way to post all the possible PODM screens in the description or something to make it easier to see what possible scenes are out there.

I think maybe only have one image at the top (or maybe two- front and back), all other images should just populate at the very bottom. So if all you care about is the pin itself and some data, you don't have to scroll through a bunch of pictures to get there. It probably won't be an issue for most pins, but for something like PODMs where there could easily be 5-10 (or more) pictures of the film image, just have all those as the last thing on the page.

Also, when clicking on an image to enlarge it, maybe have it just appear over the page, like in a lightbox or something. Seems cleaner than just loading a new 'page' with just the image.

I'm looking for a few people who can upload a number of pictures with data to test to make sure saving is working.

I need people who can add a few new items, and update some items. Large pictures, small pictures, you name it.

http://www.disneypinplace.com/beta/

I'm just about ready to launch version 1.0 of this tomorrow.

Thanks everyone!

I'm about to leave my computer for several hours, but I'll try some more when I get back home... :)

I'm looking for a few people who can upload a number of pictures with data to test to make sure saving is working.

I need people who can add a few new items, and update some items. Large pictures, small pictures, you name it.

http://www.disneypinplace.com/beta/

I'm just about ready to launch version 1.0 of this tomorrow.

Thanks everyone!

Hi, I just found your thread and I am really interested in your new site.

I'm happy to upload some photos for you, but am unsure what exactly you would like to have.
I have a bunch of photos on my computer of pins that I have taken for trading purposes.
Please let me know.

As an aside, and I am sorry if someone has already offered this suggestion. I think it would be
great if there would be a way to add a photo of scrapper pins if anyone has them so that
people can compare them to "real" pins.

Thank you for doing this.

I'm impartial to this movement, however, I think of any site hosting pin images - can we have them be photographed with a measurement reference. Ruler, cutting mat, etc.

I'm impartial to this movement, however, I think of any site hosting pin images - can we have them be photographed with a measurement reference. Ruler, cutting mat, etc.
may be hard to enforce for user submitted content...but perhaps having a "pin dimensions" field would be helpful?

may be hard to enforce for user submitted content...but perhaps having a "pin dimensions" field would be helpful?

I'd vote for that instead of the ruler in the picture. It may not be present for most pins, but as we have them in hand to measure, it could be added to description area (or a field just for it would work to).

Hi, I just found your thread and I am really interested in your new site.

I'm happy to upload some photos for you, but am unsure what exactly you would like to have.
I have a bunch of photos on my computer of pins that I have taken for trading purposes.
Please let me know.

As an aside, and I am sorry if someone has already offered this suggestion. I think it would be
great if there would be a way to add a photo of scrapper pins if anyone has them so that
people can compare them to "real" pins.

Thank you for doing this.
I asked this also already in this thread, and apperently it's not allowed, as Disney doesn't want to acknowledge there are pins like that going around, the answer is in this thread somewhere, lol.

I really like the "users own" bit because i always wonder how many people actually own the pin like in relation to trading/wanting :)

My wife and I would love to help, unfortunately though this being our busiest time of year at the shop, do not have the time to take pictures and upload them to this new website. What we can offer though to help out with this is, if anyone working on this new website is willing and/or has the time you are more than welcomed to set a up a date/time with me or my wife and come to the shop and take pictures of all the pins in my cases. Those of you that have been to our store know that we have thousands of pins from a wide range of characters and value... We wish we could do more but this is the best we can do during this season. We also have an awesome digital camera and light box that said person could use to take hi-res and well lit pictures for the site...

Why won't this load on my IPad?

Im not sure- I am using an ipad mini and the page loaded up with no trouble on mine. I was even able to create a log in so can hopefully help upload some pins later if I have time to spare.

Just wanted to say that the layout looks great (easy to read, fields look simple to fill so researching pins can be informative). Thanks for setting this up sharing it with all of us!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back