• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

PinPics Rapunzel Reveal/Conceal Raffle at WonderCon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
PinPics Rapunzel Reveal/Conceal Raffle at WonderCon!
Hey, Lenny,

Thanks for your concern about my lower anatomy; I am happy to report that they are well intact and fully functional.

DPF Members,

I apologize if any of you feel uncomfortable or offended, as this thread has overwhelmingly evolved. The only reason why the My-D Pins staff and I are even concerned about this thread is because customers have approached us and informed us at the store a couple of days after the silent auction PinPics hosted that Lenny had been shill bidding on the pins that were auctioned off. We were not even going to address that specific concern, but then we found out about this ILLEGAL RAFFLE that PinPics is planning on conducting at this year’s WonderCon. Yes, the raffle is illegal because it’s considered a lottery in CA when you pay for a chance to win ANYTHING.

Our concern simply boils down to this: If the shill bidding took place, and this type of unethical action was condoned at the auction, what’s to prevent an unethical action to sway the outcome of this upcoming raffle as well, and especially with so much more at stake to fellow pin traders?

As you can see by our post count, we rarely post anything on the forums, much less anything controversial. But this is a genuine concern we have on behalf of not only ourselves, but on behalf of others in the pin community and our customers, and only posted on this thread to voice those concerns...

--Josh

Other than the "customers" that have approached you, what proof (if any) do you have of this hearsay you have posted on a public forum? I'm sorry, I know you guys should be much smarter than this (ESP since you own a business) to have proper evidence of anything like this happening before posting this type of a slanderous post right? So please post that along with these stories you are giving us. You would not be happy if the shoe was on the other foot... I would not pass on hearsay if I did not have hard evidence.

honestly I'm disappointed.

I wonder how many people will end up butt hurt at the end of this thread?

I also wonder what Wondercon's opinions and rules are concerning raffles and giveaways at their convention. If there is an issue with something possibly being illegal (not saying it is or it isn't) then since this would take place during their event it might be a good idea to let them know what is up so they can clarify this from their point of view. Could they be liable for any wrong doing unknown to them? And if there is a way to prove that this is being done through the right channels, those organizing the raffle should come forward and show proof of it.

Ultimately, if you don't feel comfortable with the contest/drawing/whatever, do not participate in it.

By the way, aside from this whole pin giveaway, what is their panel going to be about? Perhaps some open question and answer time? I just want to know what they'll be coveting at the panel, so I know if I should go to it or not.

By the way again, who is ACTUALLY going to Wondercon?

Last edited:

30998207.jpg

lmao Anyone want to start compiling a list? Just kidding, don't actually compile a list of butthurt members, that'll only spark further butthurt among this thread :(

I apologize if I offend anyone but I am tired of hearsay being taken as facts in our community. It seems like no one ever gives proof for their accusations...

this is one reason I have slowed down a lot with being an active poster on here anymore. Especially since I miss a lot of you that I have lost contact with <3

<3

How about we all take a five minute break from posting on this thread and think about what were saying. This website is to have fun and make trades not to hurt each other. We are lucky, we get to collect shiny pieces of metal while there are children who couldn't afford to eat tonight.

And the minions of each side commence.

Only the monster knows the truth jroxx.

And I say both shall end. NOW!

The orangebird speaks to myDpins.
Stupid? I think yes. It never ends.
Just like this thread. Never ending.

The stitchitch attacks the bird.
Who will win. Let's hope this bird doesn't
Get cooked. Although a victory dinner sounds
Amazing.....

Did you just ask if the this member of this forum was Stupid?

Stating someone "should be much smarter" states not that they're stupid, but they should know better than focusing on aggressive behaviors instead of professional ones.
As a business it's NOT "smart" to be acting that way as it gives the business a negative view when viewed by others.

That's like if the owner if Disney were to come into these forums and say "You all suck and I just want your money." He would never do that because he's more professional(smarter) than that.

Stating someone "should be much smarter" states not that they're stupid, but they should know better than focusing on aggressive behaviors instead of professional ones.
As a business it's NOT "smart" to be acting that way as it gives the business a negative view when viewed by others.

That's like if the owner if Disney were to come into these forums and say "You all suck and I just want your money." He would never do that because he's more professional(smarter) than that.

Exactly <3 thank you :)

I wish we could all get along like we used to in middle school...

tumblr_ls3kp2fb9f1r317bvo1_500_large.gif

Like...

tumblr_lrr9bhVxfA1qbkkwqo1_500.gif

haha I had to join in.

As for creativeextremes, I agree that I think hearsay is being taken as truth too much in this topic however, neither side has yet to provide actual proof of their claims so us in the middle are left to just join a side or not know what to do. I understand your on the side of Pinpics and I understand that mydpins is obviously opposed to Pinpics. Once actual proof is provided us in the middle will finally know what to do, but at the moment, I wouldn't go accusing only mydpins of not providing good evidence as Lenny has not either.

Lenny has so far posted one, semi-classy (not totally classy) post and then left with no evidence as to if this is actually legit. A lot of things point it to be both legit and fake so nobody really knows what to think hence this hectic-ness. It isn't just DPF that I think is having this problem but nearly every forum because until physical evidence can be provided by either side, nobody knows what is real and what is not :(

Thank you for answering my question. I was wondering if they were "bashing" cause if so this thread need to be closed as there is nothing else productive that can come from it other than Pinpics post what ever it was they were saying about an auction sheet.

Last edited:
So much passive aggressiveness in here. Everyone is a literary teacher I see lol. I think it's time to close this thread and have an official one released when all the rules and details are fully devloped.

tumblr_ls3kp2fb9f1r317bvo1_500_large.gif

Like...

tumblr_lrr9bhVxfA1qbkkwqo1_500.gif

haha I had to join in.

As for creativeextremes, I agree that I think hearsay is being taken as truth too much in this topic however, neither side has yet to provide actual proof of their claims so us in the middle are left to just join a side or not know what to do. I understand your on the side of Pinpics and I understand that mydpins is obviously opposed to Pinpics. Once actual proof is provided us in the middle will finally know what to do, but at the moment, I wouldn't go accusing only mydpins of not providing good evidence as Lenny has not either.

Lenny has so far posted one, semi-classy (not totally classy) post and then left with no evidence as to if this is actually legit. A lot of things point it to be both legit and fake so nobody really knows what to think hence this hectic-ness. It isn't just DPF that I think is having this problem but nearly every forum because until physical evidence can be provided by either side, nobody knows what is real and what is not :(

I agree with your viewpoint but PinPics has a great track record already on all their pins at cost giveaways and this is along the same lines as that. Just this time 2 winners will get a pin at $10 that is a mega grail and everyone else will be getting prizes that I'm sure will be worth it too. They haven't let anyone down so far, so there's no reason not to believe this is 100% for realz... :)

Last edited:

I also wonder what Wondercon's opinions and rules are concerning raffles and giveaways at their convention. If there is an issue with something possibly being illegal (not saying it is or it isn't) then since this would take place during their event it might be a good idea to let them know what is up so they can clarify this from their point of view. Could they be liable for any wrong doing unknown to them? And if there is a way to prove that this is being done through the right channels, those organizing the raffle should come forward and show proof of it.

Ultimately, if you don't feel comfortable with the contest/drawing/whatever, do not participate in it.

By the way, aside from this whole pin giveaway, what is their panel going to be about? Perhaps some open question and answer time? I just want to know what they'll be coveting at the panel, so I know if I should go to it or not.

By the way again, who is ACTUALLY going to Wondercon?

You bring up a very good point and everything that happens during the show from what is topics for panels, showen as a preview, sold, or given away is approved by Comic-Con International. They make sure things are age appropriate (keeping it kid friendly), complies to convention center rules (some centers want to sell their own food so vendor may not be allowed to sell food to fans), cause damage to convention center property (stickers are not allowed as give aways as they can be placed on walls and have to be cleaned up or repainted), keeping peace (Company A can't give away their swag or promote their work during Company B's panel or at Company B's booth) and follow any city ordanices. That doesn't mean this happens 100% as they can only check on things if they told about them but I have seen them stop something mid-panel because the panelist popped up a surprise on them or was causing a roit in the crowd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back