• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Pins and Relationships

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pins and Relationships
we keep our pins seperate but all our traders are together my son has his collection, my husband has his and then I have mine. The only thing my husband and I share is the event pins.

I'll give you my heart, but, not my pins!!!!! Lol... Anyone else hear this. Your pins are your pins. As for me.. All that I am, I give to my relationship. After 5 years of trading pins, I have learned I can always replace a pin. But Nothing can ever replace my wife.

My boyfriend doesn't really "do Disney" as he puts it. He like a couple Disney movies, but they were not a big thing for him as a kid. He says that he really has no interest in pins, but he completely supports my addiction! He also loves me enough to give me a little heads up when I'm getting...a little too crazy...lol Since he's 20 and I'm only 18, we don't have jobs with huge income or anything. I wish that he would get into pins with me, but he insists that the farthest he is going to get into pins is being an ear for me to obsess in (my family is pretty tired of hearing about pins, pins, and more pins haha!). He was pretty cute today though when he said that when he gets a better job he will start buying me some of the higher priced pins that I'm craving for my collection <3 he's such a sweetie and so supportive even though he claims to have no understanding of my love of pin collecting!

(Sorry if this was a little bit of a thread jack, but it was just to cute to not throw in there!)

my boyfriend and i keep a separate collection but if we had to split them we would create 2 piles and just take turns choosing. If it's an odd number then flip for it. lol but that's a perfect scenario. if he's giving you a hard time then keep all you can!

I keep my daughters and my collection separate! A lot of times I will trade something for her but she has to give me something equal back. With that said I mostly buy her pins for birthdays, good grades etc. Others she buys herself getting gift cards from family members. She is 15 and ruthless with me when it comes to trading. Now if I could find a man who would pin trade with me or even understand it's my hobby and how much I love it, that would be awesome! But yeah he would'nt be allowed touch my collection :lol:

I'll give you my heart, but, not my pins!!!!! Lol... Anyone else hear this. Your pins are your pins. As for me.. All that I am, I give to my relationship. After 5 years of trading pins, I have learned I can always replace a pin. But Nothing can ever replace my wife.

That's so beautiful! I love what you wrote. I keep mine and my sons together, but he has his own bag to put his in, if I have a pin he wants I tell him its yours bit for now it will be mine. When the time comes, anyway, they will all be his. I buy him pins when he's good and helpful in school and at home, or try to trade for him he does not have an allowence yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back