• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Possible Pixar Mystery Scrapper ALERT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possible Pixar Mystery Scrapper ALERT!
Here's some pictures of REAL Pixar box pins:

pyjh4.jpg

rhr0ac.jpg

2hp1zz7.jpg

May I ask what are the indicators that make Captain McCrea a scrapper? I have both the regular version in which the white outfit around his belly has the enamel lifting and there is no shine to it. On the chaser version is a black smudge mark running across his belly. The color of his skin varies ever so slightly between both pins. I haven't found one that someone purchased to compare it to. I traded for both at DLR.

I too was bidding on some of these on eBay and I did accept the second chance offer. The pins just came in and they are definitely scrappers. The metal is totally wrong, the backstamp and edges are rough, and the pin is actually slightly (a couple of millimeters on each side) larger than the real ones. Plus, the finish and colors are off.

One on the left is the scrapper, the one on the right I know is real.
Notice the differences in the background color, also the colors are just slightly off, not to mention the vertical brush lines in the scrapper.

2013-02-19nemo-pin.jpg

Here are the scrappers that I've gotten, so watch out for these:

2013-02-19-17.02.52.jpg

Any update on these pins.. I just received a trade offer for 2013 Pixar Mystery Collection- WALL-E- EVE- CHASER. I would really like it but was wondering if any known scrappers of this are out there. Thanks!

Any update on these pins.. I just received a trade offer for 2013 Pixar Mystery Collection- WALL-E- EVE- CHASER. I would really like it but was wondering if any known scrappers of this are out there. Thanks!

I think there are scrappers of all. Ask the person who wants to trade it to you where they are located and if they can take pictures of the front & back of the pin.

I was looking to buy some of these, but I guess I will have to stay away. Oh well.

I would still try if you find some on eBay with good prices :) Just always make sure the seller offers the option to return/refund. The one advantage we pin collectors have is that the scrappers of these pins are pretty obvious in their flaws if you get one. It usually isn't too hard to tell. Best of luck Shannon :)

It seems there are lots of scrappers and/or couterfeits out there. I stumbled across a couple of obvious listings recently.

The seller has them listed and decribed as Disneyland silver chasers ... I've never heard of silver chasers for this set before.

Item Description: "Actual pin is pictured I bought this off a reputable seller on Ebay. My wife is collecting the Disney World Gold Chasers and this is a Disneyland Silver Chaser When all four pins from this set are placed together they create a Silver Door."

null_zps8e80bc95.jpg

null_zps00a7dc37.jpg

Last edited:
One thing I noticed with my Pixar puzzle pieces, the Mickey Mouse heads in the waffle pattern on the back line up nearly perfectly when I put the pieces side by side in order. It seems that they cut off just shy of half a Mickey head on one side and just over half a Mickey head on the other side so that when placed side by side, they make a full Mickey. I am not sure if this makes any sense at all - I will try and post pictures if I get a chance later. If you have some legit ones you might try lying them side by side (face down) and see if yours line up like this too. Has anyone else noticed this, or am I crazy :lol: ??

It seems there are lots of scrappers and/or couterfeits out there. I stumbled across a couple of obvious listings recently.

The seller has them listed and decribed as Disneyland silver chasers ... I've never heard of silver chasers for this set before.

Item Description: "Actual pin is pictured I bought this off a reputable seller on Ebay. My wife is collecting the Disney World Gold Chasers and this is a Disneyland Silver Chaser When all four pins from this set are placed together they create a Silver Door."

null_zps8e80bc95.jpg

null_zps00a7dc37.jpg

What is wrong with people trying to pass this stuff off as authentic! Isn't it completely obvious these characters are totally jacked up? Silver Chasers my ***...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back