• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Problem with buying pins from a specific online store

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem with buying pins from a specific online store

unibear

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
A few weeks ago, there was a post asking if anyone had purchased from a specific online website (www.yourwdwstore.net). Several people mentioned that they had purchased from them in the past and had positive experiences.

So, I decided to buy two pins from them. They sent the pins quickly, but one of the pins they sent was not the one pictured on their website when I purchased it (or the invoice that actually came with the two pins). In case you're interested:

I thought I was buying:
pin28944th72
Pin 28944: WDW - Happy Easter 2004 (Stitch & Thumper) - Blue Variation

But I got (which I already have):
pin31458th72
Pin 31458: WDW - Happy Easter 2004 (Stitch & Thumper) Pink Variation

They look very similar, so I'm not surprised that this mistake could be made. I'm also beginning to wonder if the blue version exists since whenever I ask everyone who has it or lists it for sale, they tell me 'Oh, I have the pink version, I need to change it." [On a side note, if you actually have the blue one, contact me!!]

Now the problem: I sent two e-mails to the "customer service" department, and I called their "customer service line" twice, but they have completely ignored me. So, after two weeks of this, I called my credit card to dispute the price of this pin and half of the shipping costs.

I guess I'm writing this to warn others who might be thinking about buying from them. Their "customer service" is deplorable and/or non-existent, and I felt that I needed to share this information with the DPF members.

Very sorry to hear this news! Hopefully they make it right for you, though it does sound like they probably will not, ugh! :sad: Good luck and thank you for the warning!

Try posting publicly on their facebook page. I had no response from them for over a week and after I openly called them out on their facebook page I had a phone call from them the next morning.

I'm probably one of the only people not on Facebook. It's too bad that it takes such a shaming for them to actually do their job...

I just saw this post today. I was the one who asked about that specific store on here a bit ago. I'm a little afraid now since I bought from them. It was a presales pin for December so I guess I will see what happens then.

unibear: do you want to PM me, I can post on their FB wall for you (just give me your first name, initial of last name, and location)?

Seems like an honest mistake. They probably didn't know there was a different one so closely resembling the other. I have always had prompt return emails from them whenever I ask a question. How long has it been? 3 days? That does seem like a long time but I don't think we're to the stage where you drag their name through the mud just yet.

I am sorry to hear about your situation with the store. Hope you can resolve the problem.
Is this store through ebay? I've never heard about it.Wishing you luck and hope the situation is resolve fast.

Just and FYI, a few excerpts from their "Terms and Conditions" page.

Incomplete/Incorrect Orders
We try our best to handle every order with as much care as possible. However, if you need to return an item due to an error on our part, please e-mail us or call us at 1-877-296-8793 within 3 days of receipt.

Returns/Exchanges
We want our customers to be completely satisfied with their purchase and shopping experience here at Your WDW Store, brought to you by CDI Marketing.

All orders are subject to a 25% restocking fee.​

Personalized items, Limited Edition Pins, Seasonal items and food items are not returnable for any reason.

If you are not satisfied with your order you must follow the steps below;

1. You will need to sign into your account on the site. You must do this within 3 days of receipt.
  2. Click on the "View Details" for the order with the item(s) you would like to return.
  3. Click on "Add New RMA"
  4. Fill in the details for the item(s) and if you would like a Gift Certificate or an exchange for the same item.
  5. Once your request is approved you will need to ship the item(s) back to us in the original and unused condition at your expense. Please put the RMA number and the order number on the outside of the box.
  6. Submitting an RMA does not guarantee you an approval, and is not an automatic approval to return an item.
  7. Approval must be granted in order for an item to be returned for which you will receive compensation.
  8. Unapproved or Unauthorized returns will be refused and returned to sender, back to the customer.

Personalized items, Limited Edition Pins, Seasonal items and food items are not returnable for any reason.

All apparel must receive approval before returning for an exchange. We cannot guarantee that an alternate size will be available, and some apparel items are made to order, and cannot be returned. All shirts that have a variable color option, and/or option to be personalized, are subject to this return/exchange approval requirement. In some cases, these items cannot be returned.

Please call our customer service dept. at 1-877-296-8793 for assistance. Our return address can be found on the contact us page.

wow, that blows. even if its seasonal and not eligible for return (which, since it was improperly listed, it should be), a return call or email is a must!

Pin received Oct 17.
First e-mail sent Oct 18.
Second 3-mail sent Oct 24.
First call Oct 26.
Second call Oct 31.
Credit card dispute filed Nov 1 (same day this post was created).

Still haven't heard back from them yet... I think being ignored for two weeks warrants a warning to the community. I don't blame them for the mistake in shipping the wrong pin, but I do blame them for completely ignoring e-mails/phone calls asking them to fix their mistake.

UPDATE: One week after submitting a credit card dispute, this is the response I got:

We use stock photos from Disney, and ship via the SKU. We are unaware of any variation in background color.

We have contacted Disney and inquired as to the proposed variation in color, and Disney has informed us that the picture they provided is the stock photo, and any deviation from the stock photo to the finished product is allowable because they make no guarantee that the finished production pieces will match the artist proofs or the pre-production pictures. Furthermore, Disney does not recognize or acknowledge any variation in background color for this pin.

We cited the Pin-Pics.com references that you provided and the rep told us they are Not Pin-Pics, and that for all official pin information we should use disneypins.com

As for our business, we also, do not recognize variations in design from the picture, artist proof, or pre-production sample to the actual production pieces. We have had encounters with "Pin-Pics" references before, especially when they attempted to convince people that the actual authentic Signature card pins that Disney sold in the boxes were scrappers, and the scrappers were the real deal.

Our website, and 99% of our listings carry the following disclaimer: All information is subject to change including but not limited to artwork, design, release dates, edition sizes and prices.

As for your request for us to send the pin that was pictured, we did.

Advice, anyone? I'm not convinced by their argument. They make a big deal about using stock photos from Disney, and that Pinpics is not as reliable as Disney, although I can't find EITHER photo at the website they listed. They said the contacted Disney, but whom did they speak with? We all know that random cast members don't normally know much about pins or pin variations.

Instead of using Disney's stock photos, why don't they take actual pictures of their pins and post them on their store? Their argument about color variations sounds like what they would say if I ordered a pair of black shoes and they sent a pair of brown shoes. But they ARE different, right? I can't even go online to look at anything they have posted, because whenever I type in "www.yourwdwstore.net", I get the message "403 Access Forbidden" so I guess they've blocked me from their site...

So now what do I do?

This is a mom and pop company. I have run into the on several occasions at WDW pin releases and I have called them several times when trying to determine if should buy something from them. In my experience...their prices are HIGH. They did you a favor blocking you from their site. Their lack of follow through with your issues is another indication that they have no clue how to run a successful business. I know from speaking to the "man" in charge (Kerry) that many many times they DO take their own photos of pins (especially their PODM pins) it is just sheer laziness that they do not use their own pics. They should have done the right thing and let you either return or exchange the pin.

Honestly I don't know what you CAN do.
They are not even acknowledging the fact that these are two different pins, and are blaming it on the arts work.

Goodluck, anyway!

I have a question: How are they getting their "Stock Photos" as I do not believe it is from Disney proper. As far as I knew, Disney does not sell their park/site items, like pins or vinylmations, through 3rd party retailers/e-tailers, so there is no need to produce stock photos for outside use, just their own sites like ODPT.com. There are items sold outside of the park/site, and those that are officially licensed are from companies like Jerry Leigh, etc. Most websites like this, I believe, have to go to the parks and make the purchases, buy collections, etc. I think he used the picture from PinPics, as it matches down to the shadow, and maybe he took the picture before they added the watermark, or he removed the watermark somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back