• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Scrapper Warning (DLRP/DSF)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scrapper Warning (DLRP/DSF)

Ninpin

Mothmouse
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Sorry if this is old news!

The notorious seller from Hong Kong with the cool name on eBay recently started selling some new DLRP and DSF pins. Now, I am not sure if all of them are "newly" scrappered, but I know he started selling some that I have been watching for a long time, so I know those particular ones are new. Anyway, here are the ones that I've found recently...

Some of the DLRP Pin Trading Nights:

Anna
Elsa
Olaf
Sven
Kristoff
Kaa
Ursula
Flora
Merryweather

Some of the DSF Villainous Frames pins:

Captain Hook
Prince John
King Candy
Yzma
Jafar
Hades

I've also seen them sell the Frozen Marquee with Sven and Olaf.

Again, sorry if it is old news, but it may be a good idea to check the person out again and see if there is anything there to take note of for yourself. I was certainly surprised this weekend. Also apologize if this is in the wrong section. Wasn't sure where to post it.

WAY more DLRP PTN pins have had scrappers release. But they are easy to spot, just look for the number laser etched on the back. Scrappers don't have anything. I have a pascal Scrapper that had to be just an overrun because it is absolutely spotless front and back. I have a real Pascal PTN I bought at the release in June 2013 and you cannot tell the difference other than the stamping.

WAY more DLRP PTN pins have had scrappers release. But they are easy to spot, just look for the number laser etched on the back. Scrappers don't have anything. I have a pascal Scrapper that had to be just an overrun because it is absolutely spotless front and back. I have a real Pascal PTN I bought at the release in June 2013 and you cannot tell the difference other than the stamping.

Yeah, I was just posting of the ones that I saw listed this month. This particular guy hadn't sold any for a long while and then suddenly was selling a bunch, so it was just a heads up.

:)

I started making a spreadsheet for kicks with all the LE pins that show up in ebay as sold by him (which goes back to about may). Listing the pins and how many times he has sold each. By the second page of ebay results i am up to 65 different pin designs that he has sold and was surprised as there were alot of the pins mentioned above and reflections of evil event pins, windows with funny biz names pins, so many complicated pin designs, crazy. I would never have guessed that pin on pin and hinged designs would be scrappered. Thanks for the heads up :)

I'd love to see a spreadsheet of these that are being scrapped. I know at least the ones I have aren't since I got them at events but in the future once I move it will be very good to know what to look out for.

I started making a spreadsheet for kicks with all the LE pins that show up in ebay as sold by him (which goes back to about may). Listing the pins and how many times he has sold each. By the second page of ebay results i am up to 65 different pin designs that he has sold and was surprised as there were alot of the pins mentioned above and reflections of evil event pins, windows with funny biz names pins, so many complicated pin designs, crazy. I would never have guessed that pin on pin and hinged designs would be scrappered. Thanks for the heads up :)

There are always extra pins made during the production of Disney's official pins. They are supposed to be destroyed, but aren't, and where the term scrapper actually comes from..like "factory seconds." Except for the time they came off the line, or perhaps an error (sometimes you see pins that were made with the wrong edition size, or spelling errors and so they have to remake them, and the bad ones get out), these could have been authentic pins. These are the pins that the seller seems to have access too.

As opposed, to HM's and other simple pins that are made from molds later. Or when unscrupulous people take a high end pin (like lots of Jessicas) and have them duplicated. The later are more technically counterfeits, but get lumped into the "scrapper" category for convenience.

So it's not a surprise they are out there. But they usually exist in smaller quantities, and extremely closely resemble the authentic pin so very hard to distinguish except for the Paris pins that are missing their numbers, or if things like hinges are broken, stuff like that. Maybe when those inventory control numbers on the back are missing.

Last edited:
Sorry yeah I will try get it posted next week. Right now I'm away from my computer and that's where the file is. Incidentally these would be scrappers as I indicated. Since the negative feedback indicates the pins are broken or missing parts. That's why I said scrappered ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back