• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Sleeping Beauty (2014) Fall Release (New Merch, News, and more!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
yay!! thanks Shiva!! I think I'll have to pre-order it too :) that's exciting news!

You're welcome! I have been waiting for a book like this for what seems like forever! I am hoping for a good compilation of production sketches (especially of Marc Davis' work on Aurora & Maleficent, as well as Milt Kahl's work on Prince Philip), and of course a good historical account of the creation of the film Sleeping Beauty. Of course many of these things can be found on blog posts online and in DVD documentaries, but it's nice to have it in a single source book format. Although the Maleficent film will be in it, too, I hope that it will be just one chapter at the back of the book, because I am sure that there will be separate books showcasing the development of Maleficent. :)

I love those photos posted of the two colored dresses. Especially the cosplayer. Gorgeous! I worry with the Harrods set that if Disney did do a transforming color dress it would be for an expensive knock out version you have to pay an arm for.

I hope they don't do a two toned dress! While a nice idea and could look beautiful I would love a more accurate Aurora. I hope the LE is in pink with her signature thick hair. I would like a blue version with a serious face, more gothic with the spinning wheel on the box too! But I agree in the LE line their is a lot of blue and pink is a much happier and nicer colour so I pick pink. But I would like her in blue with Phillip for the designer set. I'd like the peasant dress but really can't see it! They didn't do Snow White in her peasant outfit do why would they with Aurora? Part of me thinks both designer & LE with be pink as it's her most well known look! But hopefully we will get one of each.

I agree that the Briar Rose dress will be a tough one to pull off as a Designer look, only because they like long dresses for the Designer dolls, and one of the charming things about her Briar Rose outfit is that it was a shorter skirt, perfect for dancing, and you could she her shapely legs and feet. They lengthened Ariel's town skirt to be floor-length for the DFDC doll, but in actuality, we should be seeing her shoes. Same thing with Rapunzel and Snow White: their skirts should be short enough to see their feet/shoes, but they were lengthened to be floor-length fancy designer dresses. I fear that Aurora's Briar Rose outfit would look terrible with a floor-length skirt, because it would look very heavy and contrary to the original design. We'll see!

I agree. I wished Ariel's dress was shorter because in the movie you can see her shoes! And I would have liked snows dress to be shorter to show her shoes( she needs those cute shoes with the bow) but the Briar rose outfit could look awful.

I agree. I wished Ariel's dress was shorter because in the movie you can see her shoes! And I would have liked snows dress to be shorter to show her shoes( she needs those cute shoes with the bow) but the Briar rose outfit could look awful.

LOL I was going to say that they did put Ariel in he day outfit when she went into town with Eric. I can definitely see them doing the Sleeping beauty DFDC with Aurora in that outfit, moreso that her in a blue dress. Snow isnt in her peasant but wasnt her fairytale moment with the prince of her in her usual outfit? All these possibilities and speculation will keep this topic interesting until they finally release something.

The Briar Rose peasant dress is very neutral colored, but I think (hope) they might incorporate her purple shawl in to add some color. I just can't see them passing the dress up entirely because she wears it when she meets Phillip, and they dance/fall in love.
988e3a866cfbc2c33b7062092fe85c4e.jpg
(photo credit to original owner)
I can see them dressing it up, using velvet for the bodice, putting rhinestones on it, lace for the hem, maybe add an insert on the skirt like they did with Ariel's blue gown... Ariel's film dress has a very similar style to the Rose dress so I could see it getting a similar treatment or interpretation. They might lower the neckline on it as well. I think it could look very striking. But mostly I want to see a handsomely molded Phillip with his red cape :)

As for her ballgown, I love a lot of the ideas posted! Personally I think it'd be really cool if they drew some inspiration from Elie Saab's couture Aurora gown, with cascading chiffon and flowers all over.
29DeNovembroDe201214

I love the color and style of this dress, very classy and romantic. I know it's too modern, but they always seem to modernize the older princesses anyway. Only the brand new ones (Tiana, Rapunzel, Merida, Elsa/Anna) seem to escape a dramatic re-envisioning.

Last edited:
Oh! You found a picture of Traci Hines as Aurora/Briar Rose! =) Especially after seeing LE Anna's gown, I can see how they could glam up the Briar Rose outfit. But, if they were to do a DFDC version of the Briar Rose outfit, I would hope that they would keep the length of her skirt shorter, as well as the actual design of the skirt, as it was created for Helene Stanley's live-action reference costume:
aurora.jpg

This skirt was designed to create a very specific bell-like shape when she spun in her dance, which you can see when she is dancing in the forest when she is singing "Once Upon A Dream" before Prince Philip shows up. It's not that I think that people will be twirling their dolls to take advantage of the design, but I think it would be a great tribute to the designer, Alice Davis (nee Estes).

[video=youtube_share;nj3hLSP1vFo]http://youtu.be/nj3hLSP1vFo[/video]

But above all, they have GOT to make a really good Prince Philip doll (i.e. head sculpt) and feature him at least once in a good rendering of his woodland outfit (red archer hat, red dual-layered cloak, brown tunic and hosen, black shirt, and brown boots. The Halloween costume I made and wore at WDW's MNSSHP this year was this costume, and it was just awesome to give tribute to this outfit! :p The bold contrasts of the reds, black, and browns are quite striking and more dramatic than his "court" outfit at the end of the film. The hat would be the hardest thing for them to make, in my opinion, because they would have to find a material that would keep its shape, not look too cheap, and also be able to stay on his head. My hat is made out of rather stiff leather that keeps its shape very well, but that may be very hard to manipulate in 1:6 scale.

(Images and archival video all originally belong to DISNEY)

Last edited:
I can't wait! Blue would be perfects since they did pink for the designer doll! Eeeek so excited!!

Aww Traci Hines... she does an awesome, every princess. Especially Ariel. But I looooove her in that Briar Rose cosplay.

I would love a Briar Rose doll actually, that peasant dress. It's my favorite. <3

But as far as Sleeping Beauty merchandise coming....
All of it: want, need, etc. :D

I love that footage :) I think I watched it on the Platinum edition. So cool.

I think it'd be great if they kept the bell design, but with LE dolls Disney seems to have qualms about length. :lol: Plus that means Rose would potentially need shoes!
And to me, the idea of a shorter dress pressed in the display box with her dollie legs showing might look a little off, especially when all the other ladies have full length dresses- even Snow and Rapunzel, whose most iconic dresses are a shorter length. The longer dresses display better and (unfortunately) they can worry less about the shoes. Shoes are important, Disney! I still love to see bows on Snow's shoes and hearts on Cinderella's.
Your photo won't load :( But yes yes to everything about Phillip. He's my favorite prince!!

While I love Aurora as Briar Rose and that scene where she meets the prince is so fun and sweet I just think the dress is too muted for a LE, even the couple dress. It just has no "pop" or excitement to me.

sleeping22.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

On a side note I was this OOAK today and thought it was lovely. (I would love her in blue too!)

Where did you find this doll?

I love that footage :) I think I watched it on the Platinum edition. So cool.

I think it'd be great if they kept the bell design, but with LE dolls Disney seems to have qualms about length. :lol: Plus that means Rose would potentially need shoes!
And to me, the idea of a shorter dress pressed in the display box with her dollie legs showing might look a little off, especially when all the other ladies have full length dresses- even Snow and Rapunzel, whose most iconic dresses are a shorter length. The longer dresses display better and (unfortunately) they can worry less about the shoes. Shoes are important, Disney! I still love to see bows on Snow's shoes and hearts on Cinderella's.
Your photo won't load :( But yes yes to everything about Phillip. He's my favorite prince!!

Same! Prince Philp is my #1 favorite prince, too! :p Btw, I replaced the previous unviewable picture with another (it was just a screen capture from the film, just because I love sharing more pictures of that costume--pictures of my own costume at MNSSHP can be found on my flickr account).

But yes, the collectible dolls from the Disney Store all tend for longer skirts. The only female dolls dressed in a skirt/gown I can think of that do not have floor-length skirts are LE Rapunzel (blonde), LE Sally, and LE Alice, and they all look great! I am sure when we see the designs (or actual pictures of the dolls) that most of us will be pleased with what we see. Anything but the disappointing treatment that they did to the actual Designer Aurora doll (croissant bangs, lopsided bun, lace belt, and flat/non-draped skirt--all of which were deviations from their own design!).

It was clear to me the photo was from the Internet somewhere. Thank you for the link. Her work is stunning! Snow White looks just like the animation. I want her dolls!

Love the photo of the blue Aurora!

aurora_zpsb64af0f4.jpg~original

My favourite Aurora :) I like how she has a train behind her and the details on the peplum. And the curls - aahh. I don't eeven mind that she is pink XD In this case I loove the pink!

I would quite like LE Aurora to have a deep coloured velvet bodice like LE Anna, and jewels on her crown like in the closeup where she is sleeping

Last edited:
I thought I was clear that the photo was not my own and it was a google image search. I'll refrain from posting photos from now on.
It's so annoying! I don't mind people using if they ask or credit! Someone from here took my reciept photo and plastered it on Facebook!!!!

It's so annoying! I don't mind people using if they ask or credit! Someone from here took my reciept photo and plastered it on Facebook!!!!
I saw that! Very naughty :/ Considering the nature of receipts that is a particularly inappropriate image to take

To be clear I think no image is safe from being taken and used once it is on the internet and that is a risk we take - but people should use more etiquette. To be honest sometimes I just use images that I find from all over, like on google images, if it's Flikr I'll just link the image and the page. I do dislike it in particular when people steal art (digital paintings, original photos) and pretend that they made it! Actually SAY that they did. It drives me up the wall.

Last edited:
Yes very inappropriate. People should ask first.

Serafina, which Aurora is that?

Thaaats Brass Key 'Crystal Dream Princess' Aurora she is porcelain and 14" tall :D To be honest the bodice, sleeves and collar of the dress are not even attached to eachother it's horribly tailored on close inspection o_0 otherwise she is my favourite doll after Crystal Dream Ariel :D Also her crown is basically a sequin

auroraback_zps28716ea3.png~original

I posted this one before somewhere here... but here she is again :D I never see deboxed photo's of these :(

Last edited:

I apologized, took down the post and said I wouldn't post again. I'm not sure why this is continuing to be discussed. I was just starting to feel "at home" here in this community but, well it's not worth wasting my time telling y'all how I feel.

I also find it interesting that everyone has such an issue with doll photos but consistently deviant art, fan art, etc. is posted without credit.

I think I am going to need to put the Crystal Dream Brass Key dolls on my wish list. Although I wish some doll makes would sell smaller versions that are this detailed. I want tiny dolls!

I apologized, took down the post and said I wouldn't post again. I'm not sure why this is continuing to be discussed. I was just starting to feel "at home" here in this community but, well it's not worth wasting my time telling y'all how I feel.

I also find it interesting that everyone has such an issue with doll photos but consistently deviant art, fan art, etc. is posted without credit.
Sorry but I wasn't talking about your post I was talking about my pics. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back