• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

The line at DSF for books

Status
Not open for further replies.
The line at DSF for books
Yesterday was my first pin release experience and I really enjoyed myself. It wasn't just getting the pins that made the experience wonderful, it was meeting other pin fanatics. People were looking out for each other (thanks for the extra blanket that saved me from freezing overnight :bowdown:) and really making sure everyone had a good time. For most of the night I was in the "ooo, you're very close to the 150 grey area" and was extremely nervous up until they passed out the vouchers. And yes, I would have been very sad if I were not able to get a set, but I knew I would not regret the exeprience. Thank you to all who took the time to answer my billion questions about pin trading and providing me with helpful hints. I hope to see everyone soon in June! :)

Funny, actually pathetic that Applecore is on here acting like he is some kind of upstanding Pin Citizen. He is angry with us because we would not pay him to save us a place in line. I also know for a fact that he offered "his services" to some others via private message on this forum. This is unacceptable that he has posted pictures of my children on this site after I pointedly asked him not to last night. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I respect that but he is a liar nothing even closed to what he says happened happened. I have spoken to Ed at DSF and he is aware of this situation and has agreed that this post is incorrect. Shame on you Rotten Applecore :(

People know who I am, and I think my watching out for traders goes a lot further than your trying to save spots in line.

Enjoy Vegas!

And just for the recod I left her know they were here as I thought it weird that exact pictures & wording were on her link . Can we say copy, save, paste or are we 2 of the same party . Just my own personal feeling . No one beat me up please . Done with my soapbox .

I can't say that any of the line cutting I've experienced is as upsetting and frustrating as it must be at an event such as this, but it's still annoying no matter where you experience it. You get line cutting a lot at Disneyland Paris. For rides, for food, and indeed at Pin Trading Nights.

The worst case of it that I witnessed was at a Pin Trading Night. Someone started an unofficial que about an hour before the real que for vouchers was meant to start. Because they started it where they did, the que filled up all the space between the tables, so people couldn't move. This forced the Cast Members to start the official line early, by moving people into the proper cordoned off area.

When this happened, some old woman near the front of the line suddenly spread both of her arms out in order to block everyone from moving. She then let no less than like 6 people in front of her, none of whom had been in the que previously. They had been looking at other people's pins, then suddenly they were getting in front of a good 100+ people. This ended up turning ugly, as then someone shoved the old woman (who totally deserved it) in order to get past her, and then they attempted to push the 6 people she had let in out of the way as well. There was then a lot of shouting in French.

The lovely Dutch lady who was stood near us told us that that particular old woman and her family ALWAYS did this, and yet they continued to get away with it every single month, despite complaints to the Cast Members present. The fact is, Cast Members should always be doing their very best to stop line cutting from happening, as it completely sours the whole experience.

I can't even imagine how depressing it must be for those people who joined the que too late, still staying over night and then missing out by a few people, who may well have pushed in through the night.

I say shame on anyone who holds places in line, whether they be traders or sellers. It's just not OK. Also shame on those people who are willing to have their place in line held. You're just as bad as the ones holding your place for you.

When this happened, some old woman near the front of the line suddenly spread both of her arms out in order to block everyone from moving.

This reminds me of what happened to my mom and others last year at the September Florida Project Pin Event for the Alice in Wonderland Auction that had the Pre-Production Alice in Wonderland Pin Boxed Set that was never released to the public (Pin 86004: DLR - Alice in DisneyWonderland - Down the Rabbit Hole Box Set - Pre-production) when this older lady that was on her scooter kept blocking the table that had the clipboard for the AIW Auction and other clipboards for the other auctions so no one could get to the AIW clipboard. The lady ran over my mom's feet too. I'm not going to say who it was as she is here on DPF and I don't want to get into an argument over it but it just really wasn't called for...

Oh, and also at the end of the auction she and another member on DPF were talking loudly abut how ridiculous the price for the AIW auction ended at as the other one in DLR didn't go for that much; trying to stir up reactions from my mom and I and make us feel bad because we won the auction... but we just ignored them :) It was brought up again on another Pin Forum about the price from the other DPF member a few days after the event but what can you do :cheshire:

Last edited:
This reminds me of what happened to my mom and others last year at the September Florida Project Pin Event for the Alice in Wonderland Auction that had the Pre-Production Alice in Wonderland Pin Boxed Set that was never released to the public (Pin 86004: DLR - Alice in DisneyWonderland - Down the Rabbit Hole Box Set - Pre-production) when this older lady that was on her scooter kept blocking the table that had the clipboard for the AIW Auction and other clipboards for the other auctions so no one could get to the AIW clipboard. The lady ran over my mom's feet too. I'm not going to say who it was as she is here on DPF and I don't want to get into an argument over it but it just really wasn't called for...

Oh, and also at the end of the auction she and another member on DPF were talking loudly abut how ridiculous the price for the AIW auction ended at as the other one in DLR didn't go for that much; trying to stir up reactions from my mom and I and make us feel bad because we won the auction... but we just ignored them :) It was brought up again on another Pin Forum about the price from the other DPF member a few days after the event but what can you do :cheshire:
My goodness. :( I can't believe they ran over your mum's feet. Did they apologise?

If we can't even be fair and civil towards our fellow Forum members, what hope is there for any pin release or event? Sometimes this hobby can bring out the very best in people. Things like zaps/RAKs/etc happen all the time. But as movingthestars said, it can also bring out the worst.

This was my second stint waiting in line, for a pin release, in as many days. First was for the Tangled POMH release, where DTD was probably the most organized and orderly, compared to the mad free for all scramble of the same release inside the parks. Second was the DSF Storybook release and overnight stay, which was also very organized and orderly.

I, for one, really appreciated that a few took it upon themselves to walk the line and take counts and generally tried to keep the whole experience honest and fun. I also appreciated the DSF staff for also walking the line and reminding everyone that it was our responsibility to watch out for each other and to report anybody bending/breaking the established line ettiquet rules. It was also extremely nice of DSF to allow the use of their secondary restroom all through the night and to bring out hot coffee and cocoa in the morning. Thank you, DSF!

I'm sure that my wife and I will be going again, in the future, since she had so much fun wandering the line talking and feeding people all night long. Hopefully, traders will continue to patrol the line and discourage inappropriate line behavior. Thanks, line patrollers!

And just for the recod I left her know they were here as I thought it weird that exact pictures & wording were on her link . Can we say copy, save, paste or are we 2 of the same party . Just my own personal feeling . No one beat me up please . Done with my soapbox .

WHAT?!? Ok, she needs to take those pictures down! She does not have permission to post them!! Applecore, is Mirandawrights with you?

Was not at the DSF release, was at the Tangled release for DLR. Anyone who read my reply on that thread knows my day sucked.

Heres my opinion regarding line cutting:
  1. In school, if you cut in line at the cafeteria, or wherever, you just might get beaten up, wedgied or shunned.
  2. In school, you didn't hold places for friends in line, or you might get beat up, wedgied or shunned.
  3. We are adults, so we in theory, won't beat people up....
  4. If kids understand that cutting is wrong, whats your problem people?

Regardless of pictures, name calling, finger pointing, excuses, lies, etc.... For a big release like these, place holding, line cutting, line jumping, is just wrong. Disney should not have to police the lines, people should behave themselves. We are adults. That people feel the need to take pics because it's so bad, tells me that my fellow pin traders need a lesson from school lunch lines. I like the shunning idea.

shun, shun the line cutters!:naughty:

Psycho Pixie said:
Was not at the DSF release, was at the Tangled release for DLR. Anyone who read my reply on that thread knows my day sucked.

Heres my opinion regarding line cutting:

[*]In school, if you cut in line at the cafeteria, or wherever, you just might get beaten up, wedgied or shunned.
[*]In school, you didn't hold places for friends in line, or you might get beat up, wedgied or shunned.
[*]We are adults, so we in theory, won't beat people up....
[*]If kids understand that cutting is wrong, whats your problem people?

Regardless of pictures, name calling, finger pointing, excuses, lies, etc.... For a big release like these, place holding, line cutting, line jumping, is just wrong. Disney should not have to police the lines, people should behave themselves. We are adults. That people feel the need to take pics because it's so bad, tells me that my fellow pin traders need a lesson from school lunch lines. I like the shunning idea.

shun, shun the line cutters!:naughty:

Well if we are going with the child/school theory. Then we also need to remember that bullies get punished and usually suspended from school. And liars get their mouths washed out with soap.

This is one persons side of the story and as my mother always says. There are two sides to every story and somewhere in the middle probably the truth.

LMAO---no lie if this went down in NJ or NYC *** kickings would occur in less time it would take to cut the line......ahhh good times.

next big release, mount a video camera. see who cuts then!

That's the reason I took pics in the first place. SOMEONE is VERY upset they got called out and had their face plastered on the board. I have deleted it because so many others now have to get drawn into the drama and it is not fair to THEM to deal with the drama. Funny thing, they have not said anything about what I wrote is a lie.

I will always stick up for my fellow good traders, and they know it.

sucks as should be max 2 sets per family as its a joke. sorry but I didnt get mine and being a bit of a grump (no offense to my getter though)
I think it is fair for our family to get how many sets that DSF says we can get because our family went in line early, like your suppose to do to get the pins and if you didn't it's not our family's fault, so we deserve to get how many sets we deserve to get. If you want to get your pins then get there early! Or at least your getter! And by the way who your making fun of is an eleven year old girl (who's speaking or as you can say posting)and her wonderful parents and family who collect pins and deserve to get how many sets they deserve. So you don't have ANY right to make fun of us! So next time if you want to get the pins come EARLY Mr. Grump! BTW: Thank you catburger, my wonderful uncle!

Last edited:
Yes it is. BUT, if the kids are going to stay with mom and/or dad the WHOLE time together, I think they earned their sets just like anyone. I don't mean to sound like an arse or insensitive, but in that case it is fair. What is not are the space savers and early morning arrivals.

I'm going to agree with this. These kids were there the whole night in the freezing cold and they stayed there. No one went back to the car to stay warm...everyone stuck together. They werent too far behind us in line so they also waited at least 12 hours if not more. I think they all deserved a set for that.

No sweetie I didn't say Applecore was Miranda Wrights . I stated the same exact pictures and wording was used in her thread on The Disney Pin Traders on Facebook . It's a link that takes you to Walt's Basement ? But I had Applecore and that link open on my laptop and it was identical . One or the other was copy, saving and pasting . Look for yourself . I have no clue whom Applecore is or isn't .
I know my friends boyfriend and mom were there at 7:30 PM and got their/ my pins fair and square .
3 year old children being allowed to buy pins ? That's my grand daughters age

No sweetie I didn't say Applecore was Miranda Wrights . I stated the same exact pictures and wording was used in her thread on The Disney Pin Traders on Facebook . It's a link that takes you to Walt's Basement ? But I had Applecore and that link open on my laptop and it was identical . One or the other was copy, saving and pasting . Look for yourself . I have no clue whom Applecore is or isn't .
I know my friends boyfriend and mom were there at 7:30 PM and got their/ my pins fair and square .
3 year old children being allowed to buy pins ? That's my grand daughters age

It seems it was one of the folks called out for trying to cut the line after dark which were lectured by Nelson and told to go to the end of the line. I hope her friend knows that she can be sued or arrested for posting her friends picture. At least, that is what SINCITYCHIP has threatened me twice with. I think SINCITYCHIP just did not wanting people to know who she was on this forum. She doesn't mind her friend posting on hers.

But there is someone else that is camera shy and did not mind having their pic up here. But now because mirandawrights has stolen them for her site, she is paranoid. Funny how double-standards always apply to those special folks.

Is no one creeped out this guy was just walking around taking pictures of people without permission? And I know people were telling him not to do that. Just to put in my word- I got my pins, we all watched for cutters, and a lot of people kept going up and down the lines taking count. Yea people go with their families EARLY to make sure the lot of them get pins. Shame on them for doing what they're supposed to do! There was a line update going on thanks to the lovely catburger, so of you came later all upset- all the people in front of you thought to come early for a reason.

Pin_pal and I know to get in line, realize a guesstimated number and then take into account a "swell number" because we just know its going to happen.

Also thanks everyone for being concerned when they made us take our tent down <3 it was back up at midnight but I love to see you guys love the tent.

Is no one creeped out this guy was just walking around taking pictures of people without permission? And I know people were telling him not to do that.

LOL I thought this too, I get creeped out when people do this! I wonder if the guy in one of the pictures sleeping knew or was later told...? :shock:

Anyways, I hope people weren't too disheartened by the experience, and it's nice to hear that there was line counting and lecturing going on!

But I do think any family that got there early and stayed in line overnight earned their sets fair and square- I mean, why wouldn't it be fair? Trading families stay together, and trade together... anyone standing in line all night without cutting or arriving in the morning deserves a set, whether it be for themselves, or a fellow DPF member! Especially children, they must have been so tired afterwards, bless them! Serious pin traders in the making, LOL! Just my 2 cents though. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back