• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

THIS TRULY IS THE BEST WEEK EVER Heavy in photos!

Status
Not open for further replies.
THIS TRULY IS THE BEST WEEK EVER Heavy in photos!

docfish2u

Sir David, Grail Slayer Knight
Rating - 100%
735   0   0
Okay so I am sure some of you are getting sick of me posting what a great week this has been for me with pins. Imagine my surprise when I get a big box marked RAK.

First off let me get this rant out of the way :rant: you people need to lay off the darn tape!!! I have never seen so much tape used on so many little packages. Do you guys get it for free someplace I don't know about.

That being said, I do not know what I did to deserve to get so many nice things from so many people. Some of which I have not even traded with yet. I can't say thank you enough. I thought RAK was supposed to be for somebody who was down and needed a pick me up or somebody who had something bad happen to them. I am not either of those. I am just somebody who tries to trade fairly with people and have fun pin trading. PIN TRADING IS SUPPOSED TO SUPPOSED TO BE FUN! I know sometimes it is easy to forget that. Weeks like the one I have had sure reminds me of that.

To each and every person who sent a kind note and pin(s) thank you very much. My wife happened to be here when I got the mail today and neither of us could believe what thoughtful items you great people sent me. So here are the pictures of the great things other awesome members of the fantastic community sent me as the second "victim" of the RAK attack.

There is no rhyme or reason to how I am listing these, I am just showing the pix of the goodies as I pull them out of the box.

so the first person I want to thank is CrashMyParty. I received these 2 pins before I realized that RAK was a much bigger thing. I thought it was just the next phase of zapping somebody. Turns out I was very wrong.

Next is from lwm2 Laura. Wow you sent a lot of goodies!!! I have never seen the cool mickey and minnie before. Yes the chocolate is almost gone. I hope it isn't too old because it is good. I doubt I will have the pen long, my wife is already eying it. :drool:
DSC01677.jpg

From Disxar who I don't think I have trade with yet... How the heck do they get the rubber bands to stay like that?
DSC01673.jpg

From the awesome sara (sorapandora) and your package is in the mail today also.
DSC01672.jpg

from caligirlUCR Crystal, I don't think I will have this pin long either.
DSC01675.jpg

from muppetfinder, don't believe all of the stories you hear about me unless they are good, those you can believe!!!
DSC01670.jpg

Twins10101, I have seen many of your auctions but I don't think we have yet traded. If not I hope we can soon!!!
DSC01676.jpg

ShelterKat, first off welcome to DPF!!! You have a PM. I hope you have a great time here!!!
DSC01680.jpg

Milky, we have not traded yet, but I am looking forward to the chance to do so.
DSC01674.jpg

Nikki HiddenMickeys the pin you sent is from the planet in the Star Wars novels that I love!!!
DSC01678.jpg

My favorite Pixie, I don't care if you are Psycho or not!!!
DSC01669.jpg

Joey, ChipDale123, although you gave up your chance for some great Belle pins you sure made up for it with this amazing collection of pins!!!
DSC01681.jpg

and finally, to our great host who came up with this wonderful concept romancing train Carissa, you are one of the most thoughtful and sweetest people I have met. The fact that you came up with this wonderful idea and are the one to put together the boxes and get them out, I can't thank you enough!!! Tell your Grandma for me thank you for the wonderful Stitch pin. My wife has already claimed it and stuck it on her Stitch corkboard. The drawing is fantastic!!!
DSC01668.jpg

So again, I want to thank everybody who took part in this wonderful idea!!! It is hard to type through tears. It means a lot to me!!! I can't wait to be part of next months version. Knowing how it feels to received such a great surprise!!! You are all awesome!!!

Thank you,

David

Last edited:
Congrats :)

I still owe you something, but I didnt get my pin out on time with the issues I had with my work :(

And someone never gave me your addy so I could send it out :3

So if you wouldnt mind, could you PM me it so I can get your pin out? lol

Hurray!! You got your box! And wow! Cool stuff! Glad you like the Geonosis pin. I was hoping you would. Congrats on all the new goodies!!

It is always wonderful to get an unexpected surprise in the mail! Good job to all those involved. I have two questions. How can I get involved? What does RAK stand for? Inquiring minds want to know...LOL?

It is always wonderful to get an unexpected surprise in the mail! Good job to all those involved. I have two questions. How can I get involved? What does RAK stand for? Inquiring minds want to know...LOL?

RAK - random act of kindness

You get involved in the RAK posting on the zapped page. Just reply that you want to be in for one month or all of the months and you can nominate somebody who you think deserves this generosity. I thought it was to raise somebodies spirits that was having a tough time or had some kind of tragedy happen to them, but I found out it can be for anybody who people think deserve a wonderful surprise.

Congrats! My wife and I've heard nothing but good things about you. And, you got some sweet stuff!

Congrats! My wife and I've heard nothing but good things about you. And, you got some sweet stuff!

First off, I love your avatar!!!

Now for the more fun stuff, your wife just traded with me on pinpics a couple of days ago. :rofl: I hope we can do some more soon!!!

Yay :D So happy it got there safely owo!!! Omg I'm so tired i can't even remember what I wanted to post Dx

I was so sad by the time I was painting the picture for you 'cause I had forgotten you said you liked/collected xD I'm glad you liked everything!

Congratulations you definitely deserve it. :D
Hopefully my package won't be too tardy xD I can imagine it turning up soaked in three months with a tattered Union Jack trailing limply behind it xD

*i also sent really late, sorry*I think you have been so excellently gracious and I was just so happy that it was you who won !The way you were thanking people with your threads made me so happy - you are such a lovely person ! So congratulations :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back